Any CM in Canada?

Guest Rob/1

I received a Very quick response back from Steve at BTS, he goes on to say...

Hi Mike,

>Please we would just like a heads up if you know of any information about

>what the delay is.

No clue, actually. We sent out the orders and after that... we have know

way of knowing what has become of them. I suspect it is a combo of

distance and customs that is holding up some orders. Sorry I can't give

you any more info than that.

BTW, I received 24 identical messages from you. It was easy to delete

them, so no problem <g>, but I thought you should know that something

crazy happened in case it happens to you again.

Thanks,

Steve

Again thanks for the quick response to my email Steve, well folks we just have to wait and see...as for the multiply emails I sent to steve that was because our mail server went crazy.

Deadline

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case anyone is looking for one more reason to write a letter to their MP, consider the following.

Canada Customs and Revenue Canada merged last year to become one. They are now the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency.

The Customs half of CCRA determine the Canadian value of imported packages for tax purposes.

The Revenue half of CCRA conveiniently gets 7% of whatever the Customs half determines the package to be worth.

Canada Post - an independent corporation, but 51% owned by the federal government - is required to collect the taxes from you, and hand them over to the CCRA. They charge a $5 service fee to do this.

Since Canada Post is 51% owned by the Federal government, Ottawa gets a share of their profits - including a piece of that $5 charged for the service of collecting tax from you.

You don't need a stamp to mail a letter to your MP, by the way ...

Here's hoping that we start reading reports of Combat Mission arriving today.

------------------

--

Toad

Ontario, Canada

Still nothing in Montreal...but the mailman threw me a funny look as he walked past my house. I think he had it in that big bag of his and is just having some fun at my expense.

It's nice to hear that it arrived in Toronto though! (Doesn't make sense though).

Guest Pillar

It must be localized right in Downtown. I live in Whitby (20 minutes drive) and nothing here.

Argh.. And I have work the next two days!

Guest Big Time Software

Hello friends to the North!

We are really sorry, and very surprised, about the delay of packages getting to you. Especially in Quebec (our warehouse is just over the border in Vermont!). We have been sending packages to Canada for over a year and it seems that there has been some unusual delays this time around. Perhaps the holiday delay in Quebec is actually part of it.

I suspect that units will start showing up in large numbers over the next couple of days. It seems to me that the length of time since most were shipped has been long enough that Customs issues should be cleared up either by them releasing the goods or, as one person has mentioned, being sent notification that the package is being held (which is odd!).

So on behalf of Charles and myself, we give a big "Sorry, eh!" to all you Canadians out there who have yet to receive your pacakges smile.gif

Steve

Thanks Steve for the nice (but totally unecessary) apology! I'm sure this is just one of the little episodes in our CM saga that we'll look back on with a smile (...the evening of the gold demo release will keep me laughing for a few decades at least).

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

p.

Sinking feeling in Wingham (ha... find it on an Ontario map, I'm not giving any clues wink.gif) Oh well, one last chance tomorrow. Hmmm, is BTS in cahoots with my plant manager? We have tomorrow off with pay, but I signed for an overtime shift just so I could make the drive past the post office on the way home!

Quit drinking?... hell this was supposed to by my last deck of lung torpedoes, but if CM doesn't roll into SW Ontario, I'm gonna take up smoking Havanas for the weekend. (actually it's a three step plan... cigs, cigars, then a pipe)

Thanks BTS for your friendly apology.

I don't think any of us were angry at you for the delay, we are angry at our own government and its bureaucracy. mad.gif

Anyway, nothing today (Thursday) in Halifax, maybe tomorrow, I'm betting on Monday, hoping it will be here by Tuesday... sigh.

smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevin Peltz:

maybe the US could invade us and make it stick this time as the 51st State

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, just a quick, oldy joke for our long-suffering Canadian brethren:

An American, an Australian, and a Canadian go into a bar, and each orders a draft beer. The American downs his in one long swallow, pulls out a pistol, throws his empty mug into the air, and shoots it. He turns to the other two and says: "In America, we're all rich, we've got so much money we never have to drink out of the same glass twice!" The Australian downs his beer, pulls out a pistol, chucks his mug into the air and nails it. He says: "In Australia, we've got sand coming out of our bums, glass is dirt cheap, and we never have to drink out of the same glass twice, either." The Canadian downs his beer, grabs the American's gun, and shoots him. He tells the Australian: "In Canada, we've got American tourists everywhere, there's so many of them, you never have to drink with the same one twice..." smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.