Any CM in Canada?

Guest Rob/1

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minister Stops Import of Game (CP)

Heritage Minister Sheila Copps announced today that she has instructed Canada Post to intercept all shipments of a game titled "Combat Mission". Copps is quoted as saying "It seems that certain radical elements in this country are trying to glorify war. We have always been a peace loving nation and feel a game like this can only encourage military activism." Former War Heritage Museum director and well known Canadian historian Jack Granatstein was strangely unavailable for comment. Copps added "We must do all in our power to prevent the rampant militarism that exists in America from infecting our culture. Those individuals who have been trying to import this material will be brought to justice!"

a fervently imaginative chris

Guest aaronb

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chris talpas:

Minister Stops Import of Game (CP)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was mentally running through this scenario just seconds before reading your post! Canadians are, it seems, conditioned to expect repression.

So, when we get CM, we'll build a map of Ottawa, see, and practice...

'Gamers of the World, Unite!'

Guest aaronb

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

For THAT I'll want a Brumbar, hehehe.... smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll wait for CM2, and use a Dora, returning certain areas to their 'natural' state.

Hey FB, now I know you're from Canada, we'll do some PBEM. When the game arrives.

OK I want details!

This has me going as it "should" be the eastern cities like Toronto and Montreal and Ottawa first. (just because we are closer to Maine)

Did your brother get his in the regular Canada Post mailed to his door?

I'm curious because this sounds odd and if I'm not mistaken it is the first public post of CM officially arriving in Canada

Congrats!!

to your brother

now where's MINE ????!!!

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevin Peltz:

My brother just got his copy today, here in Prince George, BC. I live ten minutes away- no joy for me yet...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom:

He has a rural post box: the green ones by the side of the road. He didn't say whether it was there or if he had to go and get it at the PO. Either way- you would think that the bigger places would get it first, especially back east...who knows? Like I said, I am about ten minutes up the road, and I haven't got mine yet. I am not on a rural delivery route- don't know if that makes any diff or not. All I know is that if people are actually getting the game in Europe, before we are seeing it here...doesn't say much for the efficacy of CP. But, it must be a crappy job in a lot of ways- I wouldn't want to be lugging those bag fulls of whatever all over the place when it is -40 outside. Mind you, you get exercise. You should see the big strapping blonde that delivers to my house- I wouldn't want to Indian wrestle her...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Yeah, but Iggi, that's because it was the holiday weekend<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right! This was the weekend I celebrate cute French girls in thier little sister's tops. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevin Peltz:

My brother just got his copy today, here in Prince George, BC. I live ten minutes away- no joy for me yet...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kevin if your brother got his yesterday then we should be seeing more CM invading Canada today.

Boy we live so close to the USA and how slow the mail moves. We should join the union and become the 51 state.

Okay, I'm likely going to get slammed for this, so understand that I too am desperate for my copy of CM.

The wait... It has done strange things to many of us. We rush home from work daily; we see if there's a method of package tracking via canadapost.com (there isn't); we hit this thread daily - and generally before our morning coffee.

I don't think i'll 'miss' the wait per se, but its interesting to experience this massive, mind smashing level of anticipation as adults. It really is like being five years old and wanting to get at the Christmas presents.

The real difference here is that this particular present cannot disappoint (unless BTS has chosen to send me an ugly sweater).

GAFF

I have to agree with gaffertape, I check this

site every 5 min at work wondering and waiting on any news about a sign that CM has

been delivered to Toronto..that someone has it...its like I have some high fever, my heart is pounding like some 5 year old wanting that gift that I know will bring me

hours and hours of fun ( I turn 39 next week)

Deadline

Guys, when somebody gets it please post a message here where you are and when did you get it so I know roughly when can I expect it here in Toronto.

Thanks...

Peter

PS: I can't believe it takes that long, considering that I pre-ordered last year in October.

ARRGGGHHH!

Mailman came and went, absolutely nothing. This is ridiculous, it was in Vermont like what? A week and a half ago!

Does anyone know what the standard procedure would be - will it be the mailman or the truck?

p.