Any CM in Canada?

Guest Rob/1

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have sent an email and posted on the forum (written below)I hope we ALL can get some type of answer.

Deadline

A Plea from Canada - Attn Steve

Steve, we all know that BTS is busy and doing very well

and that we all applaud you.

My question is where and what has happened to the Canadian orders,

as you can see by the thread "Any CM in Canada", many Canadians

have not received there orders, while the rest of the US and even Europe

are receiving there copies.

Please we would just like a heads up if you know of any information about

what the delay is.

Any news would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Mike

aka_Deadline

I doubt very much that the delay is the fault of BTS or USPS. i'd have to say its probably with Customs. Sometimes those Customs officials tend to go on a headtrip. Whenever I fly up to visit the biggest pain in the rear is with customs. The immigration officers are usuallt pretty decent.

Thanks Deadline.

I recommend that we all let Deadline's message to BTS stand alone for the moment so BTS don't feel too pestered... we can be certain that Steve and Charles are not at fault.

Hopefully though, they might be able to answer the question as to where the Canadian CMs are.

Please post here when you get a response, Deadline.

Thanks,

GAFF

Oops... I just saw now that the above message you sent was a forum post, not an e-mail. We can check there for a response from da boys.

[This message has been edited by gaffertape (edited 06-28-2000).]

Yes lets not swamp them with complaints we are doing a farily good job of it here amongst ourselves, I'm happy to let it stand as it is.

I thought it was an e-mail?

Didn't Deadline Say he posted it here and sent them an e-mail too?

But it was a polite e-mail and as Canadians , (besides the occasional rant on my part) we most certianly like to be remembered and thought of as polite and not offensive to anyone. smile.gif

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gaffertape:

Thanks Deadline.

I recommend that we all let Deadline's message to BTS stand alone for the moment so BTS don't feel too pestered... we can be certain that Steve and Charles are not at fault.

Hopefully though, they might be able to answer the question as to where the Canadian CMs are.

(edited 06-28-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 06-28-2000).]

Yeah, I must say that whilst we are all pulling our hair out / getting drunk / smashing heads against keyboards, we Canadians have managed to keep fairly civilized during the CM wait. I think we can be proud of that.

Until we finally snap of course. wink.gif

GAFF

Guest morjit

Thats him smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Little Black Devil:

JeffRaider;

Yes, I did pre-order.

You the same Jeff thats also helping Morjit with his Canadian CM website?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE++++++

In a striking and unusual move the Dept of Defense has announced that the recent game, COMBAT MISSION has been declared a national defense asset and as such may not be shipped to countries whose population may, due to proximity to the US consititue a threat to the nothern border.

All pending export liscense have been cancelled and any extant copies of the game have been impounded. When ask to comment BTS's President, speaking through his mouthpiece, er lawyer said, "Really, what a bummer." He then added cryptically something about a "weasel" riding again.

Intelligence sources are trying to ascertain if this is covert reference to the Dr. Laura Sturmtruppen that have been rumored to be in the area.

Again, due to the threat posed by our northern neighbor, eh, of crazed beer swilling, moose lovin' maple leafers, CM as it affectionally referred to by those who have embraced it's addictive potentional of the full version is just too potent to release beyond the border.

That is all

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 06-28-2000).]

Just a thought...Things might be a bit slower than usual because of the holidays this time of year. If the games crossed customs by truck in Quebec it might have gotten hit with a big provincial holiday last weekend and Canada Day coming up this weekend might have an impact too.

Friday tends to be a great day for getting packages though. I have my hopes up for this week still.

p.

Excerpt from the Customs document on importing:

"...The Customs Act gives us the authority to open any mail that weighs more than 30 grams. Before we can open mail that weighs 30 grams or less, we need permission from you, or from the exporter. To get your permission, we send you a letter telling you that we are holding your item and asking that you allow us to open it for examination."

I sure hope that manual is a heavy sucker!

Wed June 28, nothing in Halifax so far. <sigh>

I am starting to snap, I posted a couple of silly messages on the forum so far. Am downloading the new demo, maybe that will distract me.

I also rented The Battle of the Bulge movie, maybe that will take my mind off CM. (Not!)

Ironically what I want to do is model Arnhem, but since the demo doesn't let me do that I have to wait, and wait, and wait...

Yesterday my wife got me to clean the aluminum siding on the front of my house, and to paint the porch. Today it was thirty degrees Celsius out here so I managed to talk her out of making me clean the back of the house, plus put a second coat on the porch, plus paint all the walltrim from my plastering last week.

I think she knows the game is coming so she's putting everything my plate asap. biggrin.gif

Guest Pillar

Just got a letter from Customs. Seems they want to inspect my pacakage.

Reads something as follows:

"For reasons of social security, and the security of yourself, we humbly request permission to inspect item ####" etc. then it goes on to detail the sender and the date it was mailed.

ARgh... it also says they will hold it until I respond (thank god there is a phone number to call).

---EDIT

Hab, just saw your post. Damn. Seems our worst nightmare has come true.

[This message has been edited by Pillar (edited 06-29-2000).]