TAKING THE BLOODY PENG THREAD DOWNUNDER

Mace

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we're yawning. Everyone wins against frenchie. Some of the lads are out with lanterns and brooms looking for mensch, who is out the cage again, his water dish untouched.

More importantly...

Lorak!

Log another topplement lad, and quickly.

I have gloriously defeated the wretch F. Babra, speaking of frenchies, again, by the whopping margin of 54-40. The score does not tell the whole story. If you're lucky, I won't either. Suffice it to say that we withstood one of the worst arty barrages I have seen to date, huge masses of infantry speaking incomprehensible gibberish, and a bunch of AFVs who are all dead now. Oh, and a horrid little flamethrower. Bastard.

There will be a scotch and cheese reception here at Schloss IV this afternoon for the survivors and you're all invited. Except for Peng, who may spread contagion, and PeterNZer because I am feeling bitter. Though still very much alive.

Ahh, at long last Everything here seems to be close to the order it was when I left.

For those Of you I am playing again I am sorry for the long drought. WOrk and life is caught up. So I will comence getting my arse kicked again real soon.

Latest entries in the book:

Jshandorf-win

Mace-loss

jdmorse-win

moriarty-loss

jdmorse-win

croda-loss

jdmorse-win

chupacabra-loss

mensch-win

pawbroon-loss

MarkIV-win

Babra-loss

Yes my friends, I continue to take up my quill and write. What better way to repay my educators than with such a goal as logging the events of the pool.

True... there are many lessons to be learned in this degrading swamp we call home. Lessons from warriors, bards, common men, and little croda's all looking to teach others thier insights of grandure and woe.

Alais it is I, Lorak, in my humble greatness that have taken this duty to see that these records get recorded. Much like our great elven kingdoms of old. That are totally lost now, except for stories in song and legend. So I too see the Pool. I slimly place filled with living goo now... but long from now the Pool will drain, setiment from the outside will fill and clog its banks, and what will be left? Just the legend.

I have observed that facts usually only serve to obscure the truth. So Hopefully the bards and story tellers will continue the history of the pool. For it is in Song and story that the truth, when found at all, is more likely to be heard.

I know that my greatness, much like burning flesh or sceans of slaughter full of sun dried blood, overwhelms your senses. For this I am sorry. But I fear that to offend your sensibilities is the most direct way to reach the maggot filled caves, that is your minds.

Lorak the loathed

Guest Germanboy

Lorak the loathed - please be so kind as to record a win of my Volksgrenadiers against PawBroon's Limeys. It was the night before Christmas, and my SMG squads tore his infantry to pieces in our TCP/IP QB. He performed in good old Pommy tradition, taking ages to get off the startline, driving his Firefly ('they have tweaked them, you are doomed' were his last words) into a Schreck ambush, and ran a platoon and a Wasp into one of my platoons. Silly. Then, on turn 17 of 20, with him being about a mile from all VLs in question, his computer could no longer hack the mangling dished out to the boor bastards from the dales and crashed on him. He had the honour to concede though.

One for me. Oh, and keep the pen at the ready, for upcoming news of me against MoreArty, Seanachai, probably Joe and others.

JD and I have decided that ASL converted scenarios are only for people who are really sad and only play the AI. Merzenhausen turned out to be a disappointment on the scale of Scotland The Brave II. Stay away from this stuff for PBEMs, it is a bloody waste of time.

Oh, and for those of you interested in seeing the densest mass on this board, I nominate the 'mortors' thread.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-17-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mensch:

now boohooBroomie is eating bratwurst and sauerkraut in my POW camp.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you call that punishment? Dunno about the bratwurst but if PawBroon is having Sauerkraut like the one he introduced me too I want an Invitation to that POW camp of yours. biggrin.gif

------------------

PawBroon, French and official supplier of sig since 1968......

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YK2:

And you call that punishment? Dunno about the bratwurst but if PawBroon is having Sauerkraut like the one he introduced me too I want an Invitation to that POW camp of yours. biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, Alsatian cuisine. If SquawBroom invites me for some (homecooked) food in the future, I shall always let him win.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Hmm, Alsatian cuisine. If SquawBroom invites me for some (homecooked) food in the future, I shall always let him win.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who would have thought that Cabbage could taste so orgasmic? biggrin.gif I Wonder if sushi has the same effect rolleyes.gif

------------------

Move out now, I got to randomize Emma to see if it was a bug.

-------------------------

PAWBROON.

Guest Germanboy

Who would have thought that Cabbage could taste so orgasmic? biggrin.gif I Wonder if sushi has the same effect rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh dear - a downhill struggle if I ever saw one...

------------------

Andreas

Lorak, rummage around and find your chisel.

That elitist Gerbiltoy has vanquished my feeble veteran (or so I was led to believe) forces with such ease as has rarely been seen before.

Gerbiltoy -- win (no surprise)

Moriarty -- loss (again, no surprise)

P.S. -- And if you're waiting for me to surrender, Sir Loathed, you've got another (75mm) thing coming.

------------------

"Moriarty, you suck." -- Dunno, but somebody must've said it somewhere along the line

[This message has been edited by Moriarty (edited 12-17-2000).]

And you call that punishment? Dunno about the bratwurst but if PawBroon is having Sauerkraut like the one he introduced me too I want an Invitation to that POW camp of yours. biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no you don't you see we use the Brownkohl.. you see those outsiders don't know the difference. And the Speck is walrus from the Berlin Zoo.

ok, the tomb has been further updated.

Germanboy-win

pawbroon-loss

Germanboy-win

Moriarty-loss

Moriarty.... surrender? How dare you stoop so low as to think I would allow you to surrender. Did I not forsee my topplement when we started this game? There is no way I would allow you to take my prophesy away from me. Nay, I will lose this one... and in the same sad way I will lose the rest of my games.

No surrender!! Just my trademark. Mindless, bone chilling, worthlessness!

Lorak the loathed.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moriarty:

Lorak, rummage around and find your chisel.

That elitist Gerbiltoy has vanquished my feeble veteran (or so I was led to believe) forces with such ease as has rarely been seen before.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tis true, tis true - his Gerbiltropers melted like Murmeltierfett in the sun. Elite - nice!

------------------

Andreas

I'm not into famous last words so I'll make that one quick.

I'm off.

All of you should consider that as a surrender.

Lorak, I've just Lost2*.*

Credit every buggers in here with a victory over me.

------------------

After many weeks of exposure to Croda on the Thread, we had all developed Inner Crodas, the Peng Challenge Thread equivalent of crablice...

Senility

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

I have gloriously defeated the wretch F. Babra, speaking of frenchies, again, by the whopping margin of 54-40. The score does not tell the whole story. If you're lucky, I won't either. Suffice it to say that we withstood one of the worst arty barrages I have seen to date, huge masses of infantry speaking incomprehensible gibberish, and a bunch of AFVs who are all dead now. Oh, and a horrid little flamethrower. Bastard...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feel free to share the endgame file with me any time, son. And there are still two AFVs very much alive -- they just aren't going anywhere any time soon. biggrin.gif

------------------

"The whole of Scotland will rejoice if the commanding officer of the Canadian Army could see fit that the taking of Saint-Valery is accomplished by the Highland Division. I am sure that the 2nd Canadian Division will attend to Dieppe satisfactorily."

-- General Sir Bernard Law Montgomery, Aug. 20, 1944

[This message has been edited by Forever Babra (edited 12-17-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Attention Cesspoolians! I've annihilated the AI<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh boy, I'm quaking in my boots. Are you good at shooting fish in a barrel as well? Are your talents up for pulling wings offa flies? Ok, here's the trademark.... wait for it....

PISS OFF![/b}

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

I'm off.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell, over?

I'm off.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feh, what? Where do you think you're going, mister?

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Forever Babra:

Feel free to share the endgame file with me any time<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sent out 7:04 AM Pacific time- apologies if you didn't receive it (I wondered where the comments were?). Just resent in case, to the Babrakhan address. I thought I had waited a decent interval.

Also, rather than scotch, we're featuring a nice light dry sherry at the moment with some Campo al Montalban goat cheese, soon to be augmented by your delightful Canadian Oka.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

Sent out 7:04 AM Pacific time...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Received. Aye, it was a nasty little furball, and I claim the victory. Why, you ask? Well, that 54-40 Axis Minor doesn't take into account the one and only time ever in the history of time that I've got a flamethrower into action. Couldn't have done it to a nicer guy... biggrin.gif

------------------

"The whole of Scotland will rejoice if the commanding officer of the Canadian Army could see fit that the taking of Saint-Valery is accomplished by the Highland Division. I am sure that the 2nd Canadian Division will attend to Dieppe satisfactorily."

-- General Sir Bernard Law Montgomery, Aug. 20, 1944

I'm off.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

??? After I spent all of about 15 minutes setting up that QB against you? It was going to be fast and gruesome. Are you going to the Antarctica to search for Meeks? Kentucky or Pennsylvania or wherever to administer antibiotics to Peng (I want his lungs to be pink and healthy when I rip them out-- I don't like getting pus on my hands, and the way our battle is going it's going to be hands and teeth.)

Oh, well Lorak, post a victory for me over PB...

------------------

Slayer of the Original Cesspool Thread.

I'm off.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the Hell?!!!

Marcel, goddamnit, what does this mean? You bugger off outta here, and you will be tracked down. Without the French, this place will...er, be...completely lacking French!!

****e! What's a world or a thread without the folk who gave us Voltaire, Dumas, Rostand, Rabelais, Malraux, Gide, Sartre, Napolean, Ney, Rimbaud, Flaubert, and PawBroon, and that's all just off the top of my head?

Tell me I have your statement wrong, and you're still one with the 'Pool.

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues