Steam key

On 9/11/2022 at 10:55 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Final Blitzkrieg for Matrix/Steam (December/January) - last, but not least, the final CM2 Family of games will be released for Matrix/Steam with PBEM and Tournament systems.  At the same time we'll release a new Module that will extend the timeframe through to the end of the war and introduce Commonwealth Forces plus the last ditch forces of the Third Reich.

Also well underway, but again marketing needs mean it’s release is a bit further down the road.  Each product deserves its own time in the spotlight, donchaknow.

For clarity the release date refers to December 2023/January 2024

Edited by Gumboots
Clarity

• 1 month later...

Looking at the 2023 Update List provided by BFC in January:

1. Steam Keys - they have met their schedule for the first three games listed, and CMFB is supposed to be ready Dec or January.  So I should think soon for CMFB.
  2. New Content for CM Games - crickets
  3. Upgrade 5 - crickets (and their comment was really vague - did not seem to promise anything)
  4. CM Professional pause - who knows?  Not really our business
  5. Patches - yes we've seen patches released through the year with PBEM+ added in

6 hours ago, Andrew Kulin said:

Looking at the 2023 Update List provided by BFC in January:

1. Steam Keys - they have met their schedule for the first three games listed, and CMFB is supposed to be ready Dec or January.  So I should think soon for CMFB.
  2. New Content for CM Games - crickets
  3. Upgrade 5 - crickets (and their comment was really vague - did not seem to promise anything)
  4. CM Professional pause - who knows?  Not really our business
  5. Patches - yes we've seen patches released through the year with PBEM+ added in

But very limited patches. Lots of things still not fixed. 

The pattern has been that the "coming soon" section of the website and a blurb on Steam showed up a month or two before release.  In a couple cases it was longer.  I'm pretty sure we aren't seeing CMFB soon.  There's also been zero chatter or news on the module that was supposed to be released at the same time.  Not looking good for a soon release.

21 hours ago, Thewood1 said:

Yeah.  I saw the 2023 list.  Other than this thread there has been no mention of CMFB.  Especially pointed is its not on Matrix's list of planned releases.  They are usually 2-3 months ahead of a release if you follow the pattern of the other games for Matrix and Steam releases.

Well November isn´t even over yet and it is set for December or January 2024. And since BFC delivered on schedule for the last games I guess it will be the same with CMFB.

So maybe wait till then ? 🤔

For battlepacks and other content there hasn´t been a time frame actually. Just somewhat of "what to expect next" kind of statement. So probably coming 2024/2025 (if we are lucky).

4 hours ago, Brille said:

battlepacks and other content there hasn´t been a time frame actually

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Steve said CMFB to Steam will be in December/January.  Plus (more importantly IMHO) he said 'at the same time' there would be a CMFB module release covering up to end of war, and I think Brits etc.  However I'm aware that good intentions don't guarantee results.

9 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Steve said CMFB to Steam will be in December/January.  Plus (more importantly IMHO) he said 'at the same time' there would be a CMFB module release covering up to end of war, and I think Brits etc.  However I'm aware that good intentions don't guarantee results.

Can you point out on where he said that ?

I re-read the Initial post in the "annual look" thread and roughly flew over the 30pages where I could not find such statement. 

I only stumbled uppon a post that mentioned "there will be more info soon" (this is not a quote) regarding the CMFB Module.

But as it seems they didnt follow up on that.

Have I missed something ?

8 hours ago, Brille said:

Can you point out on where he said that ?

I copied it from a quote further up this page, but looking again it's older than I thought.  It was posted by Steve on 9th September 2022:

Originally the timing was aimed at end of 2022 but that was delayed by work on the Professional version or whatever,  Anyway, it includes the text below, with the 'at the same time' and 'Also well underway' bits bolded by me:

Final Blitzkrieg for Matrix/Steam (December/January) - last, but not least, the final CM2 Family of games will be released for Matrix/Steam with PBEM and Tournament systems.  At the same time we'll release a new Module that will extend the timeframe through to the end of the war and introduce Commonwealth Forces plus the last ditch forces of the Third Reich.

Also well underway, but again marketing needs mean it’s release is a bit further down the road.  Each product deserves its own time in the spotlight, donchaknow.

23 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

At the same time we'll release a new Module that will extend the timeframe through to the end of the war and introduce Commonwealth Forces plus the last ditch forces of the Third Reich.

Aside from CW forces I thought that was what the Berlin module was about.  Not convinced that sort of late war rout of German forces will be that compelling.  Early War and N. Africa is what many of us were hoping for.  Koh has been doing sterling volunteer work making Early War a reality.  But, it's sad that BF shows no interest.  I suppose the next step will be CM3.

24 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Aside from CW forces I thought that was what the Berlin module was about

Yes, Fire and Rubble did it for Berlin / Seelow Heights etc. but the comment above was specifically about Final Blitzkrieg.  If it was 'also well underway' in September 2022 though, I'm not sure why we haven't seen it yet.

I think I tend to agree with you, a few poorly supplied old (or young) men with PFs against the US or British Army is unlikely to be the best of wargaming experiences.  But to be fair Fire & Rubble was more than just the final days in Berlin, and I suppose the CMFB module will be much more than 'last ditch' efforts on the West Front.

Edited by Vacillator
Spelling

34 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

I think I tend to agree with you, a few poorly supplied old (or young) men with PFs against the US or British Army is unlikely to be the best of wargaming experiences.  But to be fair Fire & Rubble was more than just the final days in Berlin, and I suppose the CMFB module will be much more than 'last ditch' efforts on the West Front.

Hmmmh… This is defintively NOT the most exciting timeframe/theater combination of WW2 as far as wargaming is concerned… Germany doesn't offer terrain much different from CMBN's France and Benelux… There is not much to be added in terms of equipment and organization… save the Volkssturm, and the French forces, whose colonial troops are already portrayed in CMFI… and which, together with their armored divisions, will probably never make it into CMFB anyway. 😪

So what are you expercting from CMFB's last module save for the "'last ditch' efforts on the West Front" ? Did I miss something from WW2 history? 🤔

To be honest, I don't even own CMFB. I still don't understand why it's not a CMBN module, the same way R2V was to CMFI. And I don't think in terms of cost for the customer or complaints like that, I'm thinking in  terms of coherency: one game for the Western front, one for the Eastern front, one for the Italian front. And the next one for the African front, obviously… 😇 (or for Korean War — in both cases, see @kohlenklau achievements…)

19 hours ago, Vacillator said:

I copied it from a quote further up this page, but looking again it's older than I thought.  It was posted by Steve on 9th September 2022:

Originally the timing was aimed at end of 2022 but that was delayed by work on the Professional version or whatever,  Anyway, it includes the text below, with the 'at the same time' and 'Also well underway' bits bolded by me:

Ay ok, thank you for the heads up.

But I guess since it isn´t mentioned in any way in the "annual look 2023"-thread I suppose it will come later. Who knows ?

17 hours ago, PEB14 said:

I still don't understand why it's not a CMBN module, the same way R2V was to CMFI. And I don't think in terms of cost for the customer or complaints like that, I'm thinking in  terms of coherency: one game for the Western front, one for the Eastern front, one for the Italian front.

Amen to that !

I don´t quite understand that either. And CMFB even was the first CMx2 game I bought back then.

I always thought BFC wanted to handle it like the old series: West-, East- and Southfront and build them up with modules from there.