Steam key

22 hours ago, PEB14 said:

...what are you expercting from CMFB's last module save for the "'last ditch' efforts on the West Front" ?  I still don't understand why it's not a CMBN module, the same way R2V was to CMFI.

It certainly does feel like it would be a module for CMBN.  But, they already have all the late war stuff for Germany and the US in CMFB.

22 hours ago, Vacillator said:

All hail Phil.  Early war Phil.  Korean war Phil.

And save a few hails for North Afrika Phil, Greek Phil etc. etc.

Yeah, we love Phil, long time ❤️😉.

+1   Phil is single-handedly giving us early war and N. Africa/DAK (and Korea) - and it's free.  People should be jumping onto his mods.  Maybe folks do not appreciate free stuff?

15 hours ago, Erwin said:

+1   Phil is single-handedly giving us early war and N. Africa/DAK (and Korea) - and it's free.  People should be jumping onto his mods.  Maybe folks do not appreciate free stuff?

We all know the fundamental weakness of Phil's stuff… While it is graphically on-par (and even better) with BFC official production, it doesn't (and it cannot !) feature the proper TOE and weapons characteristics of the portrayed eras/theaters. And it is by no mean Phil's fault: we cannot mod these critical aspects. I hope we could.

20 hours ago, Brille said:

I always thought BFC wanted to handle it like the old series: West-, East- and Southfront and build them up with modules from there.

So did they for the Italian front. So did they for the late Eastern Front.

Anyway, there's nothing critical in having a separate game for CMFB, except for a couple of drawbacks:

• I have to install yet another game engine on my already crowded hard drive
  • CMFB would have been a formidable opportunity to upgrade CMBN (tank riders anybody?)

7 hours ago, PEB14 said:

We all know the fundamental weakness of Phil's stuff… While it is graphically on-par (and even better) with BFC official production, it doesn't (and it cannot !) feature the proper TOE and weapons characteristics of the portrayed eras/theaters. And it is by no mean Phil's fault: we cannot mod these critical aspects. I hope we could.

Hi Pierre. I must disagree with your statement to a certain degree. Many of the weapons are the exact same (R35 for example) and often the TOE is not so important for certain of my scenarios in my humble opinion. But I know what you are saying. I can't go inside the code. The "fake lobster" aspect can or does turn off the purists or the TOE snobs. Don't download it is fine with me. I am having a great time playing KOREA 1950 head to head with fake lobster kimchee. 

To correct one other accidental misconception, @Erwin I have had some help from other modders. So it is not single-handed all the time. :D

The "dirty dozen" of my fans/friends have given me plenty of good vibes. I appreciate it and more or less have plenty of energy to continue chugging forward to mod CM stuff at a leisurely pace. I have decided to dial way back the AI plans for single-player scenarios (except for a few buddies). That kind of made me feel I didn't really have to retire.

I have asked BFC to make a special modder's workshop (early war construction kit) version of CM as a stand-alone title or as a module to maybe CMFI. It could solve a ton of these fake lobster issues by plugging in various weapon options like anti-tank rifles on axis and allied side or drop down menus to better tailor the squad make up like a "Formation editor" and be able to remove the rifle grenades or panzerfausts (for example). Other vehicles could be made available to make the kit really flexible.

They have zero interest to do this and so it is what it is.

R.jpg

3 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Hi Pierre. I must disagree with your statement to a certain degree. Many of the weapons are the exact same (R35 for example) and often the TOE is not so important for certain of my scenarios in my humble opinion. But I know what you are saying. I can't go inside the code. The "fake lobster" aspect can or does turn off the purists or the TOE snobs. Don't download it is fine with me. I am having a great time playing KOREA 1950 head to head with fake lobster kimchee. 

Hi Phil,

You're perfectly right. Your "fake lobster" job leads to great results. I enjoyed very much playing a French campaign scenario of your design. And I think the very modest one I did for your mod had the real taste of the Phoney war. 😉

By TOE, I really mean the squad organization and weaponry, as you know very well. One cannot play Stalingrad with Panzerfaust. IMHO It's not a matter of purist or snobish style…

To correct one other accidental misconception, @Erwin I have had some help from other modders. So it is not single-handed all the time. :D

The "dirty dozen" of my fans/friends have given me plenty of good vibes. I appreciate it and more or less have plenty of energy to continue chugging forward to mod CM stuff at a leisurely pace. I have decided to dial way back the AI plans for single-player scenarios (except for a few buddies). That kind of made me feel I didn't really have to retire.

I'm one of your fan! And I sincerely hope you won't retire. You and your work are pillars for this community! 😊

I have asked BFC to make a special modder's workshop (early war construction kit) version of CM as a stand-alone title or as a module to maybe CMFI. It could solve a ton of these fake lobster issues by plugging in various weapon options like anti-tank rifles on axis and allied side or drop down menus to better tailor the squad make up like a "Formation editor" and be able to remove the rifle grenades or panzerfausts (for example). Other vehicles could be made available to make the kit really flexible.

They have zero interest to do this and so it is what it is.

That's really a pity because it would indeed boost your mods a lot (see my remark regarding Panzerfausts issue above)…

This afternoon I was having a look at the units available for the Italians in September or October 1943, as I consider a small red vs. red campaign during Operation Achse. Unfortunately, nearly no armor are available for this era, whereas some did fight against the Germans, either on Italian mainland or in Corsica. So I really would have interest for such a CMFI workshop…

Edited by PEB14
typo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...