The first Battle for Normandy Tournament is ready for signups.

2 hours ago, Fizou said:

I guess. Never seen antyhing like this. A unit is exited without an exit zone. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next turn. I'll report back... 

Yeah I saw this in my battle attacking as Allies. One or maybe two Germans exited off the map even though there is no exit areas for the Axis side. Never seen this before.

14 hours ago, Gumboots said:

I just looked at the original scenario and there is an Exit zone for the Germans. It's Objective 8, runs down the right side and a small part of the 'top' of the map. 

Interesting, so then the objective needs to be deleted and not only the exit zone. Though probably won’t be a factor in this since there is no exit pts given for this. And unlikely an Axis player will move troops to the very back of the map. But they could panic and do this, they were about to be killed anyway.

Edited by MeatEtr

I play without mods and saw green arrows for my opponents soldiers that I assumed left the battle :)

Sadly my opponent stopped playing when I was about to take the objective. I hope they are ok though, even if its no fun if they just stop sending back turns.

I will always play until the bitter end or surrender in respect of my opponent :)

On 10/19/2023 at 7:06 PM, Gumboots said:

I just looked at the original scenario and there is an Exit zone for the Germans. It's Objective 8, runs down the right side and a small part of the 'top' of the map. 

Ah, thats good to know so It wasnt some weird bug. I saw it happen to my opponent in the mirrored battle as well. But as per the screen on the previous page, my unit was not panicked and ran to the edge of the screen, it was carefully set up by a hedgerow to cover the approaches. Needles to say as with the setups, this is bad scenario design and needs to be conveyed to the player. Otherwise a very nice and fun scenario.

I had a couple other oddities, but these might be explained by the exit zones. In the US army minor victory I counted the OK germans to 13, end screen says 39 (I guess many might have exited and this is indeed ok. 

wtf4.thumb.jpg.77a5b040887e086565bf3776bcdc14d5.jpg    

But I also find it weird in that battle that the US target is acceptable (enemy casualties) while in the other game below its secured even though the casualties are lower?!  

wtf5.thumb.jpg.31e0635960ac7656397722aef8e15b0f.jpg

@BFCElvis Why in the world was I timed out for the cmbn tournament when we 

1. had an active game going 

and 2. My opponent did not return the initial turns for days. 

So I'm the person who gets the short end of the stick?

I can't help that I have a day job and my opponent is more than likely european given their active times. Point being we are limited to a single turn a day each 

2 hours ago, Artkin said:

@BFCElvis Why in the world was I timed out for the cmbn tournament when we 

1. had an active game going 

and 2. My opponent did not return the initial turns for days. 

So I'm the person who gets the short end of the stick?

I can't help that I have a day job and my opponent is more than likely european given their active times. Point being we are limited to a single turn a day each 

Im not sure how the timed out feature works. But there have been some scoring issues, I think some players lost pts. I know I lost alot.

Also keep in mind guys, these tourneys are still a work in progress. Its not perfect and will never be, but they are trying to make the best of it.

Gents I have had a crack at explaining the Time Out feature in the General Forum. 

I suggest we use the General Forum thread to deal with issues that affect all of the periods. 

The T timeout feature is not perfect but it's the only way to show who has been sat on turns the longest during the whole course of the game. 

On 10/18/2023 at 9:33 AM, Vacillator said:

Great intro video for what is a great battle.

Slightly off topic but @GhostRider3/3 did an excellent later version of the same battle, called 'Barkmanns Corner Revisited'.  I played it single player as Axis a while ago and it was a tough one but I was ultimately successful.  H2H might be somewhat trickier I'm sure...

Thank you Vacillator, much appreciated.  If anyone should ever want it, It's on my Dropbox.  It was with "A Few Good Men" Sight, but it's not there anymore.  But if anyone should ever need it just PM me, it has two AI plans.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Suzuya said:

This match is turning into a real oof from me on both rounds, between my panther refusing to spot anything and being one shot and the LOS on my shrecks its looking like a very poor outcome less than 10 turns in.

The Germans are pretty tough to play and I bet not many will get any points with them. In hindsight I have some better approaches they could take but too late for me and I am keeping stum on what I would do differently.

Was exciting to play with my opponent who really knocked out the turns...

4 hours ago, Holien said:

The Germans are pretty tough to play and I bet not many will get any points with them. In hindsight I have some better approaches they could take but too late for me and I am keeping stum on what I would do differently.

Was exciting to play with my opponent who really knocked out the turns...

Hehe I attacked as the Germans… turning out pretty good… so far. 

I also tried an attack with the Germans but my opponent went with a big aggressive rush down the middle with his first platoon of Shermans, ended up with the loss of a bunch of my infantry and some AT and led to my poor choices with the Panther. I didn't expect the play and it worked out very well.

I don't know if anyone else is experiancing some very odd LOS issues on this map with a few of the Hedgerows, I've had spots where my opponent can sit and shoot just fine yet my troops can't see through the bush or one scenario this turn where they can see three Shermans just fine but refuse to fire as they claim to not be able to see or target including one they just grenade assualted but no rockets from the spot i've been shot at from a few turns earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

GG and very WP to Pugstorm. Trying to get a win as the Germans feels incredibly difficult there and some poor luck on that last turn would have made it a draw, getting a total victory feels a bit off considering almost all my men were dead and most of my tanks were on fire compared to your US side but that was an impressive defence you put up.

I do hope if theres ever a rematch that we can swap Shreck teams haha, that one team that i think landed 5 out of 6 hits at decent range had me pulling my hair out trying to get rid of they deserve a medal for sure.

I think you have it.  I am not going to catch you. 

I expect to end up with 800 points as German in my last game with my opponent as with 1 minute left I have units on the main intersection, and I don't think he can rush any forces there in time from where he is presently at (but not sure of that of course), and I am not sure where my side is with the less than 30% casualties, and I am certainly not at >70% US casualties.  And neither of us control Favre though he should be able to move something onto that objective as I don't have the forces there to do so and survive.

• 4 weeks later...