How does the Vehicle Pack articulate with the base game and the other DLCs?

Hello,

I read this thread on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/2297010/discussions/0/3827536762645463742/

So I understand that the number of vehicles in the Pack is as follows:
* British Forces: 5
* Commonwealth Forces: 5
* American Forces: 4
* German Forces: 12

Can you confirm that these new vehicles are not in scenarios or campaings from the base game?

And how many scenarios and campaigns do use these vehicles, respectively in the following DLCs:

* Commonwealth Forces
* Market Garden
* Battle Pack 1

Many thanks, much appreciated.

If someone can confirm what you said, as you said 'iirc".

So my understanding is that those vehicles are not so common in order of battle, and are of a limited interest unless for 'hardcore' players who want to experiment?

And sorry for the question because I'm not familiar with the CM ecosystem (I'm a new player): so if buy the Pack I will be able to modify any scenario to include them?

2 hours ago, Artkin said:

so there aren't any scenarios or campaigns

I think that would be correct if you're referring to 'stock' scenarios and campaigns.  Some of the vehicles have however appeared in subequent user-made stuff - for example the AVRE and Crocodile come to mind, maybe others.

48 minutes ago, Simicro said:

if buy the Pack I will be able to modify any scenario to include them?

If you get to grips with the editor you could add them.

No problem (and welcome).

1 hour ago, Simicro said:

Worth it or not worth it?

I got it as part of the full bundle, but separately it's what?  $20?  For me I got enough value from just one campaign (@rtdood's Operation Undergo) which uses the Crocodiles, Crabs and AVREs.  Although thinking about it, the captured Renault R35s are also used in @WimO's La Fiere Causeway battle(s) and that was worth the ticket price as well.

Anyway, in case you've not found your way there already, most of the user made scenarios and campaigns for all titles can be found here: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/

There's a mod site as well: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/

Thanks are due to @Bootie for these sites.

Thanks Vacillator!

Is there anyone who has bought the Vehicle Pack and can give a quick feedback please? Worth it or not worth it?

To me, someone who enjoys playing quick battles H2H or creating scenarios with unique forces, the vehicle pack has been great fun. If you find and download some of the community made content or modify some of the existing scenarios, you will have hours of fun and enjoyment. 

As for value, how much do you play CMBN? If you look at the price of the pack on a cost per hour of entertainment basis, the pack will cost you less than a movie ticket with a drink and popcorn. The movie is over in a couple of hours and you are probably going to be looking for another bite to eat. Whereas the vehicle pack will still be there ready to entertain hour after hour, week after week, month after month, year after year.

4 hours ago, Simicro said:

Thanks Vacillator!

Is there anyone who has bought the Vehicle Pack and can give a quick feedback please? Worth it or not worth it?

Worth it? Difficult question. The answer depends on too many hard and soft factors.

Like „How important are 20 Dollars  for you?“

The VP does not add too many new vehicles or items and there is unfortunately not too much user made content available. A handful of scenarios using the VP at best.

On the other hand: It is great fun to see e.g. the „flail Sherman“ in action.

Is it worth the few Dollars? I concluded for myself: Yes.

But it’s yours to decide for yourself.

Edited by StieliAlpha

28 minutes ago, StieliAlpha said:

On the other hand: It is great fun to see e.g. the „flail Sherman“ in action.

All true Andreas, and it might also depend on whether you intend to buy other titles.  What I mean is that for example the flail Sherman is also in CMFB and CMFI, and the R35 is in CMFI if you really want to play with them.  Not sure the Croc and AVRE are anywhere else though without checking. 

9 hours ago, Vacillator said:

All true Andreas, and it might also depend on whether you intend to buy other titles.  What I mean is that for example the flail Sherman is also in CMFB and CMFI, and the R35 is in CMFI if you really want to play with them.  Not sure the Croc and AVRE are anywhere else though without checking. 

Yep, sure. I remember, i once mentioned the idea that even some early war scenarios could be created with the R35. Which should be good fun scenario creators.

I was just saying, that questions like „Is it worth it?“ cannot be answered. The answer depends too much on people’s personal preferences. Thst I find something worthwhile, does not mean the next person feels the same.

Many thanks everyone.

Yes Vacillator, you guessed it right, I'm a new player, so thanks for the key links, I did not have them. I'll remember to thank Bootie when I start using the websites.

Regarding worth it or not, yeah I know it depends on this and that, etc. but you know it's the kind of question you ask for feedback before buying, and you guys answered. Thanks.

I want to make sure I understood correctly:

- - - - - 

1) The Base Game, the Market Garden DLC, the Battle Pack 1 DLC, and the Commonwealth DLC do NOT have stock scenarios or campaigns that include vehicles from the Vehicle Pack.

2) In order to use and benefit of the Vehicle Pack I can:
- Set up a Quick Battle or create a scenario and includes vehicles from the Vehicle Pack
- Download a scenario from the community that includes vehicles from the Vehicle Pack

3) One caveat is that to be able to enjoy British and Commonwealth vehicles and equipment from the Vehicle Pack, it is mandatory to have the Commonwealth DLC.

- - - - - 

If that is not correct, please shout.

Edited by Simicro

Many thanks everyone.

Yes Vacillator, you guessed it right, I'm a new player, so thanks for the key links, I did not have them. I'll remember to thank Bootie when I start using the websites.

Regarding worth it or not, yeah I know it depends on this and that, etc. but you know it's the kind of question you ask for feedback before buying, and you guys answered. Thanks.

I want to make sure I understood correctly:

- - - - - 

1) The Base Game, the Market Garden DLC, the Battle Pack 1 DLC, and the Commonwealth DLC do NOT have stock scenarios or campaigns that include vehicles from the Vehicle Pack.

2) In order to use and benefit of the Vehicle Pack I can:
- Set up a Quick Battle or create a scenario and includes vehicles from the Vehicle Pack
- Download a scenario from the community that includes vehicles from the Vehicle Pack

3) One caveat is that to be able to enjoy British and Commonwealth vehicles and equipment from the Vehicle Pack, it is mandatory to have the Commonwealth DLC.

- - - - - 

If that is not correct, please shout.

1) Yes. The VP came out after CMBN and the various modules. So, all new vehicles.

2) Yep, correct.

3) Yep, the CMBN base game includes only US and German forces.

One other thought, since I don’t know where you stand purchase wise: If you did not buy the base game yet, rather buy the big bundle and leave the VP and Battle Pack for later.

Edited by StieliAlpha

25 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Thanks for your response and advice. At this time I have the base game from Steam.

Then I would, indeed, go for the modules and “Scenario Depot” scenarios (AND mod’s! Those do add a lot to the game) first and leave VP and BP for later.

BN plus modules and user made scenarios should keep you busy for a long time…

I just want to correct some of the above.

The Battle Pack does include vehicles from the Vehicle Pack.  In fact, I think it might even be necessary to have the Vehicle Pack in order for the scenarios in the Battle Pack to be played.  If I recall correctly, the whole point of the Battle Pack was to create scenarios using the Vehicle Pack.

I also made two scenarios specifically for the Steam Release of CMBN that included vehicles from the Vehicle Pack.  I redid Colossal Crack and Surrender Invites Death - although I'm not sure where those two scenarios are included exactly in the Steam Release.  All I do is put them on the internal server file location thing and BFC Elvis takes them from there.  I believe they are named Colossal Crack SR and Surrender Invites Death SR or at least that's how I named them.  BFC Elvis would have to say where those remakes were included and perhaps even indicate whether my memory is correct or not - he's the one who does all of that sort of stuff.

Thanks ASL Veteran. Indeed the BF product page says:

Unlike most other expansions, Battle Pack 1 for CMBN requires all three previous expansions (Commonwealth Forces, Market Garden, and Vehicle Pack) for full functionality of the content. Game Engine 3 or higher is also required.

9 hours ago, ASL Veteran said:

Colossal Crack SR and Surrender Invites Death SR

As a BFC-only customer (so far) I don't have these and it would be great to get them - any idea how though?

As for the general question, I looked at the Battle Pack and one scenario definitely confirms the use of the Vehicle Pack - it's called Hobart's Funnies.

21 hours ago, ASL Veteran said:

I just want to correct some of the above.

The Battle Pack does include vehicles from the Vehicle Pack.  In fact, I think it might even be necessary to have the Vehicle Pack in order for the scenarios in the Battle Pack to be played.  If I recall correctly, the whole point of the Battle Pack was to create scenarios using the Vehicle Pack.

I also made two scenarios specifically for the Steam Release of CMBN that included vehicles from the Vehicle Pack.  I redid Colossal Crack and Surrender Invites Death - although I'm not sure where those two scenarios are included exactly in the Steam Release.  All I do is put them on the internal server file location thing and BFC Elvis takes them from there.  I believe they are named Colossal Crack SR and Surrender Invites Death SR or at least that's how I named them.  BFC Elvis would have to say where those remakes were included and perhaps even indicate whether my memory is correct or not - he's the one who does all of that sort of stuff.

I don’t plan to get the steam version but I do have the vehicle pack so it would be good to get a link to the versions if that is possible 🙂

As I have both the Steam and BFC version, I downloaded both to test this out, and neither the Steam version of Colossal Crack or Surrender Invites Death requiere the Vehicle Pack. Also I opened Colossal Crack with the editor to look under the hood and it (or so it seems) does not use any of the VP units. Also, on the  Designer Notes there was no mention of any rework by ASL Veteran, or any other editor, only the credits of the original creator, Jon Martina.

So, it seems that the reworked scenarios did not make it to the final release. Maybe @BFCElvis can come in and confirm this (And maybe upload the reworked scenarios as well 😁).

5 hours ago, AlexUK said:

I don’t plan to get the steam version but I do have the vehicle pack so it would be good to get a link to the versions if that is possible 🙂

When they are released they will not be exclusive to the Steam version. Heck, they'll probably be available for the Battlefront version before the Steam version.

@CHEqTRO I can confirm that they have not been released.