Join the Shock Force 2 Tournament now!

4 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Yes. And, if I understand correctly, that is the case for all Matrix tournaments 

I don't like mirror matches in general ,I don't want to know exactly what forces he has and vice versa , stings the whole FOG concept..........a Mirror QB is different 

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

The best would be if the game was capable of pushing out the score you would see in a ceasefire each turn.

Agreed.

Without passwords there might be a 'dirty' way to automate a ceasefire for games not finished by the cut off time? I mean in theory the 'only thing' needed is a couple of ceasefire and end turn clicks. 
@Butschi managed to automate 'some' UI clicking in the editor, maybe something similar could be achieved in the backend for a tournament? 
Maybe just wishful thinking but I'd be willing to help with that if there would be a lead there :)

1 hour ago, weapon2010 said:

I don't like mirror matches in general ,I don't want to know exactly what forces he has and vice versa , stings the whole FOG concept..........a Mirror QB is different 

Well you just signed up for a 3 battle mirror tournament. Not that mirrored games are my favorite.

3 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

I totally agree.  I want to be surprised.

But it is what it is.

1 hour ago, Lethaface said:

@BFCElvis fyi there is/was something strange with the scoring, I noticed both me and my oppo had 700 points but both games are still ongoing.
After I done my turns, there's only one game with 700 points so maybe the issue repairs itself.

Somefink similar happed to @Probus and @George MC toward the end of the last Cold War tournament. Like yours, it righted itself. We'll keep an eye on it to make sure that both battles correct.

I unrelated news....I'm being stood up by my opponent. Does anyone know Bellhuey?

10 minutes ago, George MC said:

@BFCElvis Hi John I've just started getting this error message when trying to sign into CMSF2 PBEM +++ Any ideas what's up? I can log into my Slitherine account no probs using the same Username and P/W.

cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2023_04.10-22_13_15_09.png.5d4ef68bdeb73362d36559495f3e6b6d.png

Funny you should say that. My guy at Slitherine just sent me a message with the same screenshot. I was able to duplicate it by trying to log in through the game.

Our best guess is that the servers are down. They are checking into it.

35 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Funny you should say that. My guy at Slitherine just sent me a message with the same screenshot. I was able to duplicate it by trying to log in through the game.

Our best guess is that the servers are down. They are checking into it.

Ah grand ta. Cheers fir the update. It’s late here so will check in again in the morning. 

Cheery!

52 minutes ago, George MC said:

Ah grand ta. Cheers fir the update. It’s late here so will check in again in the morning. 

Cheery!

Worked for me just now. Edit: although the file I had already played and send at 21:00 was there again. I guess it didn't register or something, I played it around 21:00 my time (4 hours ago). 

Edited by Lethaface

2 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Coolio!!! I'm out of position for checking it.

Just edited my previous post: I can login although the file I had already played and send at 21:00 (4 hours ago) was there again. I guess it didn't register or something, I didn't get no error message after saving it. 

53 minutes ago, weapon2010 said:

[T] beta 2 tournament (Turn 1)

this has been sitting in my  "Join automated PBEM++ Tournaments"  for days now, no sign of the other "mirror game" , so I have no clue whats going on

You played it? Or tried to play it already?

I'm back in....the servers are up. My opponent still hasn't played their turn.

7 hours ago, Richi said:

ah, anyone have missing files?

I've played 5 turns, got a notification my opponent sent his turn, i logged in, but now only have turn 0 in there 😕

I have found PBEM+ to be a bit quirky with CM Games (mostly playing CMCW so far with it).  As in playing a turn, plotting moves and sending off turn with no apparent errors, and then seeing my same turn (playable by me) still in the "inbox".  Asking opponent, they did not get turn, so redoing it, up to 3 or 4 times before opponent gets turn at his end.  and then sometimes the same thing, so I redo my turns, and then I get auto e-mail notification from Slitherine pointing out I have resent the turn more than once.  When turn finally goes through the turn number on my screen changes +1 and I can see the turn, but no longer play it.  That is my experience with normal PBEM games, but my limited experience with the tournaments is the turn disappears altogether from your view once you send it. 

1 hour ago, Andrew Kulin said:

I have found PBEM+ to be a bit quirky with CM Games (mostly playing CMCW so far with it).  As in playing a turn, plotting moves and sending off turn with no apparent errors, and then seeing my same turn (playable by me) still in the "inbox".  Asking opponent, they did not get turn, so redoing it, up to 3 or 4 times before opponent gets turn at his end.  and then sometimes the same thing, so I redo my turns, and then I get auto e-mail notification from Slitherine pointing out I have resent the turn more than once.  When turn finally goes through the turn number on my screen changes +1 and I can see the turn, but no longer play it.  That is my experience with normal PBEM games, but my limited experience with the tournaments is the turn disappears altogether from your view once you send it. 

I have only experienced PBEM++ with tournaments. The file always disappears after I send it, afaik that's how it's supposed to work? 
I had an issue once when other people got the login problem this week, probably there was some server issue when I send in my turn (although I didn't get an error message) as it was still there next time I logged in. But after that things went back to normal.