Join the Shock Force 2 Tournament now!

On 7/18/2023 at 4:36 AM, laurent 22 said:

Anodai was my opponent in round 2. Our pbem started late. Then he would send several turns/day, and sometimes he would go a week without giving any news.

How did you receive news from him? We're currently a turn into overtime with my Syrian side game. Also wiped out his Syrian forces with 10 mins to spare but he's not cease firing anything. Only 2 mins left in that one. I guess he doesnt know how to cease fire.

Really love these tourneys but they definitely show a need for an in-game chat system.

On 9/1/2023 at 3:37 AM, ratdeath said:

Two of my opponents were MIA. 

That sucks my friend. It’s the luck of the draw. Hopefully we can get some etiquette established around ghosting tourney oppos and ruining their chances.

i saw that some of the top games did not finish and I find that a little weird. 

Better luck next time. If u are needing some CM,  I’ll offer you a PBEM. :)

2 hours ago, ALBY said:

Congratulations to @MeatEtr for whoopin azz in another tournament. Good work commander!!

Great job!!!! Congrats!!

I had three good tourney oppo and I appreciate all of them  but we do need a way to message during the game.  

That would be nice but I think that it is going to need to happen outside the game. Perhaps the best thing to do is to try and communicate through the Matrix forum. Not everyone that joins a tournament is is registered on the Battlefront forum but ALL players are registered on the Matrix site. 

Also, I've been working with the Matrix/Slitherine about trying to create friendly reminder "poke" emails to remind people that they'd signed up for the torunament.

@BFCElvis these tournaments are excellent!  Thank you for all your hard work  

Thanks. I do think that we having the scoring down to somefink that is livable. The best would be if it pumped out realtime CM scores but the game wasn't built for that and too much would have to be rebuilt for it to happen.

I agree and think the tournaments are excellent too. The biggest drag is when people go MIA. When they don't it's good fun. 

I echo ALBY's comment.  Great work by @BFCElvis and everyone involved in putting the tournament together!

These were my first CM PBEM games and I thoroughly enjoyed the first two rounds.  Disappointed my third round opponent was unable to play, would have been fun to see how I would have stacked up against a veteran of these tournaments. 

Thanks again and hope there are plans for another CM tournament in the near future!?!

21 minutes ago, Teufelshund said:

Thanks again and hope there are plans for another CM tournament in the near future!?!

Yes. We should be announcing a "Special" tournament in the next few days. The rounds will be shorter and we have a special twist in mind. The tournament is so ready that the rounds have been set up for a couple of weeks now. Slitherine's marketing guys are working on the announcement. 

3 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Great job!!!! Congrats!!
That would be nice but I think that it is going to need to happen outside the game. Perhaps the best thing to do is to try and communicate through the Matrix forum. Not everyone that joins a tournament is is registered on the Battlefront forum but ALL players are registered on the Matrix site. 

Also, I've been working with the Matrix/Slitherine about trying to create friendly reminder "poke" emails to remind people that they'd signed up for the torunament.

Thanks. I do think that we having the scoring down to somefink that is livable. The best would be if it pumped out realtime CM scores but the game wasn't built for that and too much would have to be rebuilt for it to happen.

I agree and think the tournaments are excellent too. The biggest drag is when people go MIA. When they don't it's good fun. 

Thanks guys, some good hard fought battles. Shout out to all my opponents. I got lucky by having active players for all 3 rounds.

Edited by MeatEtr