Join the Shock Force 2 Tournament now!

Combat Mission: Shock Force 2

Beta Tournament

Join the first tournament for Combat Mission: Shock Force 2. Due to this being the first one, we are classifying this as ‘Beta Tournament’, so please bear with us if there are any issues.

The Tournament will begin March 16th and you can join now.

This Tournament will feature the new Tournament scoring system. So, unlike the current Cold War Tournament, you'll want to finish each battle. 

This Tournament will feature 3 rounds with 3 different scenarios.

Round 1: Matrix Tournament #1: A 25 minute battle of a US patrol against a Syrian ambush.

Round 2: Ambush in al Fubar: A 50 minute battle. Stryker platoon is stopped by an ambush. Rescue is on its way, but will it be too late?.

Round 3: Wadi Scouts: A 45 minute battle. Stryker cavalry unit is tasked with scouting out defenses along a Wadi.

Before joining the tournament, please take a moment and carefully read these instructions that are specific to all Combat Mission Tournaments!!!

-          Because of the way that Combat Mission’s original “play by email” system works, both game files have an in-game field for password protection of the file. This field should be left blank. For the US side the password has been selected before the battles were sent and that field is to be left blank. You can use a password for the Russian side but it isn’t needed because the Tournament feature handles protection from cheating without using the in game system.

-          The Tournament will have you playing 2 individual battles where you are playing both sides of the same battle. If you get into the game before your opponent, you will see 1 game turn to play. If your opponent has gotten there first then you will see 2 turn files and each turn thereafter should have 2 files.

- Once a tournament begins you will receive the files in the "Saved Game and PBEM" drop menu under Automated PBEM++ In Progress. You will receive email notifications when your opponent has sent you turns. 

- You will need a Matrix user name and password to play any tournament (or PBEM++ battle). If you don't have one already you can get one here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/login

1 hour ago, Lethaface said:

:) thanks, was wondering about the required turn rate but that sounds good 👍

I was really on the fence because 50 days is a loooooooonnnnnnnnngggg time per round. I wanted to make sure that everyone had enough time. If people finish early then they sit back and wait for Round 2 to start.

11 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I was really on the fence because 50 days is a loooooooonnnnnnnnngggg time per round. I wanted to make sure that everyone had enough time. If people finish early then they sit back and wait for Round 2 to start.

Yeah I think this is a good amount of time. Current tourney feels a bit short on time but I think this new one will be just right. 👍

By the way, I'm seeing two CMSF2 tourneys now. One says Beta with 54 players with Rd time of 27 days. The other shows Beta 2 with 3 players with Rd time of 50 days. Same start date of April 6th. Im guessing these will be merged into a single tourney?

Edited by MeatEtr

14 hours ago, MeatEtr said:

By the way, I'm seeing two CMSF2 tourneys now. One says Beta with 54 players with Rd time of 27 days. The other shows Beta 2 with 3 players with Rd time of 50 days. Same start date of April 6th. Im guessing these will be merged into a single tourney?

Yes, in a bit you'll be asked to re-join the tournament using Beta 2. @ratdeath found somefink that required that we reset it up.

3 hours ago, Andrew Kulin said:

Thanks.  I am up north for the week so I will load game on my laptop.  If I download full game, I presume the download is patched up to include PBEM  right?

Yes. The download is an all-in-one full game installer. 

People can join the tournament right up until the moment it starts.

• 3 weeks later...

The match has begun.

I have 2 files: one of 10 turns and another of 25. I launched the 2 files. The one with 25 turns allows me to do the setup for the US but once finished and sent the turn remains displayed in "PBEM in progress". I have to log in again although I did not leave the game. I redid the setup for the 25 turns US, and send the turn again but it stays there. I can't delete the file with 10 turns.

4 hours ago, laurent 22 said:

The match has begun.

I have 2 files: one of 10 turns and another of 25. I launched the 2 files. The one with 25 turns allows me to do the setup for the US but once finished and sent the turn remains displayed in "PBEM in progress". I have to log in again although I did not leave the game. I redid the setup for the 25 turns US, and send the turn again but it stays there. I can't delete the file with 10 turns.

3 minutes ago, jheinrichk said:

i seemingly complete my first two turns but they are still in the list of games and both still have the option to click continue.  i hope my two turns have been received by the other player.

Hey guys is this your first tourney? If so this problem MIGHT be from having two different accounts conflicting with one another. I had this problem and created a Matrix support ticket. They got me fixed up in a few days.

If not, maybe your opponent has this issue. But again Im not 100% sure about this, just wanted to share my problem/solution from back when we were testing this stuff. Good luck!

Thank you for your reply.
I didn't write my email address during the first attempts. This time it's gone, it's no longer displayed in my "PBEM in progress" window, but I didn't take the time to give any orders.... The file with 10 rounds is still there, I can't delete it.

It's my 3rd tournament since CW in which I only played against 2 opponents, the others were ghost players.

I gotta opponent by the name "Shilod". Didn't find a player here by that name. Not sure if he's played in other tournys. I've been lucky so far with good turn rate players.

Edit to add, checked out his Slitherine profile and he's played plenty of FoG tournys, appears to be pretty good at that game. This looks to be his first CM tourney.

Edited by MeatEtr