Join the Shock Force 2 Tournament now!

1 hour ago, Lethaface said:

@BFCElvis not a poster on the matrix forums unfortunately, but I have a question :)

Do you know how the matchmaking will take place? I presume I will faceoff against @MeatEtr, which I look forward to :). 

Per Matrix/Slitherine’s Tournament Rules, the first round is totally random; after that, they match by scoring ladder position (1 vs. 2; 3 vs. 4; etc.).  The only exception to that is they will not match two players who have already faced one another in that particular tournament.

https://bit.ly/43g8FCy

Edited by MrSpkr
Bad link

A quick note on the importance of properly rested commanders in the field:  if you try and give orders when you are exhausted, you might accidentally tell several vehicles to move quickly to the enemy at the top of a ridge line rather than target the enemy units at the top of a ridge line.

This error might (theoretically) blow your entire plan, cost you a quarter of your troops, and completely screw your shot at winning.

My puir, puir pixeltruppen.

Sigh.

Edited by MrSpkr

On 5/18/2023 at 11:25 AM, BFCElvis said:No, this won't happen. The only time the in game score is ever used if when a battle is completed and the final score is pushed to Slitherine. If a battle isn't completed then the running score is what will become the final score. At least that's what I have been told and saw when testing.........But we'll see on May 26th. 

Ugh.  I think that is what happened to my second game against Cristi21.  We both agreed to call a ceasefire; he sent me the final file at 0715 UTC; unfortunately, I did not open it until this morning (around 1:30 UTC - five hours after the cutoff).  The result is we each had around 25 points for the second match rather than the 1300/600 points he and I had for it.

18 minutes ago, MrSpkr said:

Ugh.  I think that is what happened to my second game against Cristi21.  We both agreed to call a ceasefire; he sent me the final file at 0715 UTC; unfortunately, I did not open it until this morning (around 1:30 UTC - five hours after the cutoff).  The result is we each had around 25 points for the second match rather than the 1300/600 points he and I had for it.

If you didn't complete the ceasefire before the time had run out you will have whatever the running score was at the time the clock stopped.

we are at war elvis.  back to you.

this is an ugly start position for team america.  no worries though, imo, the US strategy here reminds me of the old internet quiz  'how many 5 year olds could you take in a fight' .  How many 5 year olds could you take in a fight? - Quiz | Quotev

i think if you stay on your feet, you could probably defeat several hundred.  so that will be my plan here.  don't get swarmed and overmatch whomever we locate.  

Screenshot (46).png

3 hours ago, ALBY said:

we are at war elvis.  back to you.

this is an ugly start position for team america.  no worries though, imo, the US strategy here reminds me of the old internet quiz  'how many 5 year olds could you take in a fight' .  How many 5 year olds could you take in a fight? - Quiz | Quotev

i think if you stay on your feet, you could probably defeat several hundred.  so that will be my plan here.  don't get swarmed and overmatch whomever we locate.  

Screenshot (46).png

You already got points. I haven't even seen a movie yet or heard a shot fired. That's how much I suck.

5 minutes ago, MrSpkr said:

If it isn't too much trouble, can someone post the briefing for the US side of Round 2? I have not gotten that file from my opponent and it would be nice to know what I am facing (given the nature of the tournament).  

I tried to copy/paste it but apparently I can't do that with the text in the game. I suppose that I can make a screenshot but the best thing is to open the scenario in CMSF2. It is one that shipped with the game. Ambush in al Fubar. That will give you more information than just the text would anyway.

1 minute ago, MrSpkr said:

Thanks, Elvis.

Just posted two challenges, one, Ill Met by Moonlight, has the password "TEST".  The other is a random QB with no password.  I'll be on and off today to play around with it.

You may have posted this in the wrong forum. 🙂