Join the Shock Force 2 Tournament now!

21 hours ago, MrSpkr said:

Is there any possibility of a way to have the game automatically send a reminder to an opponent after X number of days, or to PM them through the game itself?  Or even to automatically send the final "victory screen" automatically when time for tournament play has expired? 

Just trying to think outside the box for a way to address the problem of a non-responsive player to either remind them to send a turn (or at least get that sweet AAR screen so you can see how your pixeltruppen fare).

I have asked about the reminder emails. If it's possible it would be great.

The other things aren't gonna happen. In game PM ain't gonna happen. The Slitherine servers aren't able to complete a CM game, so that ain't gonna happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

@ALBY and I just finished Round 2. That may have been the most fun that I've ever had with Shock Force (1 or 2). It really was a hoot. And super fun to see how he was handling the same situation differently than I was. I'm also thankful for his play and commentary while we were going at it. A real pleasure to play against him. 

Congratulations @BFCElvis for besting me in overall points in our games. You were an excellent opponent in every way and both of these games were fantastic. 

my uncons just couldn’t get it done. I know some folks like playing with frustratingly underarmed and incompetent pixeltruppen, but that’s not my style.  The match began with a nice massacre ambush as your guys materialized on my gun sites in turn 1. But, then as things moved on,  My IED gunner was lit up trying to light the IED, and that was disappointing. He had two strykers in front of his IED.  I tried my luck with long range rpg shots and using a technical blockade on the bridge to slow your advance and that did not work out very well. Uncons have sh*t marksmanship. Once the rpg gunners were out of ammo it was time to run and hide the points. And run and hide we did. I was backed up into the last hidey holes on the back of the map. 

once I realized how fragile the uncons truly are, my US strategy was to kill them all, and I nearly did, leaving only two alive. But only after Elvis used his uncons to brilliantly overrun my scouts, killing almost all of them. When the rescue platoon arrived, I was seeing red and we decided to ‘do the whole village’ and despite heavy losses we went house to house and killed almost every damn dirty uncon we could lay our gunsites on.  

I did not think I would like this scenario but ended up enjoying it immensely. 

@BFCElvis did a great job commanding those uncons. 

On 6/19/2023 at 4:35 PM, BFCElvis said:

I have asked about the reminder emails. If it's possible it would be great.

The other things aren't gonna happen. In game PM ain't gonna happen. The Slitherine servers aren't able to complete a CM game, so that ain't gonna happen. 

My oppo has gone dark on me, so aye be good IMO to have a wee nudge sent to players.

Cheery!

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder and heads up........There is just under a week left to wrap up your battles! If you're getting close to next Saturday morning's deadline (8:30am UTC) try to at least get ceasefires. That will give you the in game Combat Mission scores which will be much higher than what you see displayed now. 

Right now I am, somehow, in second place, both for the round and overall. We can't let that happen, can we?

Ah! Ah ! I have the gold cup for one day (I have one or 2 turns left on the American side)! 🏆

I was really less of a tactician than my opponent Anodai. On the Syrian side I didn't know how to detonate the IED when the Strykers had gathered on it... I read the manual too late 😫 While Anodai managed to destroy one of my vehicles with his IED 😥 From the start he eliminated all my trapped Gi's in 2 turns😭. He managed to keep a squad alive that harassed me for the rest of the game. For round 3, would it be possible to send a court order prohibiting him from approaching a computer, and a summons from the International Criminal Tribunal for war crimes (prisoners shot, I have evidence)🏛️  and no i'm not a bad loser.

Edited by laurent 22

21 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Reminder and heads up........There is just under a week left to wrap up your battles! If you're getting close to next Monday morning's deadline (*:30am UTC) try to at least get ceasefires. That will give you the in game Combat Mission scores which will be much higher than what you see displayed now. 

Elvis:

Matrix site says Round 3 starts on Saturday July 15 at 0830 (Greenwich Mean Time? (4:30 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time)).  If pairings are based on  rankings, how can Round 2 end on Monday July 17th?

1 hour ago, Andrew Kulin said:

Elvis:

Matrix site says Round 3 starts on Saturday July 15 at 0830 (Greenwich Mean Time? (4:30 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time)).  If pairings are based on  rankings, how can Round 2 end on Monday July 17th?

NUTS!!!!! My bad!!!! Saturday the 15th. Not Monday.

Finished off the two games with Alwaysfish this morning.  Big shout out to him for some good fights and for cranking out the turns from across the pond with me over the past 2.5 days as we were at about 30 minutes left on the game clocks on Monday afternoon.  I'm retired so I have the time but he might be fired because I think he has a job!

Had some fun with these little scraps as well, we too were behind schedule mainly due to my agenda but we managed to finish the games just before the bell. 

The oppo matching is more advanced than I was expecting ;-), given the positions I assumed a rematch against @MeatEtr but we have now been paired with the #3 and #4. Good for variety I guess.

I have been coupled to Dawg327, not sure if he is on this forum. First file send and GL & HF!

Anodai was my opponent in round 2. Our pbem started late. Then he would send several turns/day, and sometimes he would go a week without giving any news.

He is a good player, tactically aggressive. Beware he is without morale: I saw his guys take money and watches from the corpses of my poor murdered pixeltruppen, I have proof.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2023 at 7:14 PM, Teufelshund said:

@Lethaface Yes, I (aka Dawg327) am here on this forum.  Looking forward to our round 3 match up.  Turns have been submitted, hopefully you are receiving the Slitherine PBEM notifications.  GL & HF!

Sorry I have been very busy but catching up now!