Cold War Holiday Tournament!!!

BFCElvis

FWIW feedback on the scenario: while I get it's a tournament and so that calls for more 'balanced' games, I'm not really a fan of maps where you start in LOS/LOF of the enemy. 

I'll still enjoy the battle and there are some tactical options available in the of the valley center ;-), it feels a bit more like gambling than tactical warfare. Some more covered paths to the valley would have been nice imo.

1 hour ago, ALBY said:

My files are not saving !  I’ve redone the turns several times, hit the OK and they just won’t upload or close.   :(

Try disabling your firewall and antivirus software while processing the turns. One of them may be blocking the files being sent to the server.

5 hours ago, Lethaface said:

FWIW feedback on the scenario: while I get it's a tournament and so that calls for more 'balanced' games, I'm not really a fan of maps where you start in LOS/LOF of the enemy. 

I'll still enjoy the battle and there are some tactical options available in the of the valley center ;-), it feels a bit more like gambling than tactical warfare. Some more covered paths to the valley would have been nice imo.

At least the us player has one covered aproach into the valley. But agreed this isnt the best designed battle.

6 hours ago, ALBY said:

My files are not saving !  I’ve redone the turns several times, hit the OK and they just won’t upload or close.   :(

If memory serves I had this same problem during the beta test. It was because I had 2 accounts. Contact Matrix support and they will merge the accounts for you and it should fix this.

You can find your opponent by the Matrix forum (you can connect to the forum with your pseudo matrix):

Matrix Games Forums - Members

Next to the letters of the alphabet you can click on "Find a member ". A new tab opens, where you can write the name of the desired member. If the search gives a result you can then send him a PM if you are already connected. Without doing research by betting on the fact that he is here, you can send a private message from your profile connected to the forum by writing the exact name of the recipient.

I sent a message to my opponent, still no response for two days.

On 12/24/2022 at 8:52 PM, Chibot Mk IX said:

Or gambling on one wing. Zergling rush!  

To be honest I'm having quite some fun with the battle, getting to the point where my gambling tactics have paid off :D

My opponent in his USSR game didn't bet on the zergling rush and is now facing my hulldown TOW front.

2 hours ago, Suzuya said:

On my first turn i lost a BTR and the burning wreck was hit 5 seconds later by a TOW, a nearby passing BTR was so scared by the loud flash and bang that it sneezed and blew its own ammo rack up killing everyone on board.

That must of been one helluva sneeze.... how do you spell Gesungheit! 😁

My battles vs @cargol are rolling along smoothly! As in alot of sh!t has been blowing up! 🤪

1 hour ago, jheinrichk said:

where can i see how scoring works for ranking pacifically for captured objectives at battle's end?

I want to know too. The scoring set in the scenario doesn't match what I see on the scoreboard. Even stranger is that I have a lot of points despite only being less than 10 turns into either match.