Cold War Holiday Tournament!!!

BFCElvis

Hi , I am not very familiar with how the CM games work in PBEM++ server.

Last night I opened the turn 1 file, spend some time to deploy the 1st platoon and plot the waypoints for them. Hit save, go to bed.

This morning I loaded the save file, all my work on deployment and waypoints are gone.

So PBEM++ doesn't support save game?

Thank you

Ahhh, crap, that hurts. 

I usually play CM on a laptop. That laptop is a very popular item in my family during holiday season. My wife and kids love to use that laptop to watch movie and TV show.

And it is very hard to find 4 continuous hours to finish the planning and deployment. Party, friends and family are going to occupy most of the time. 

On the bright side, these are relatively small size scenarios, company size battles. But the first couple turns still need a lot of time 😐

Looks like I got to run the CM on a low-end desktop in the basement. Keep the game running all day. Issue order to one squad at a time, whenever I can spare time in the basement. Hopefully kids don't press the power button when I am away from the desk     :) 

I took half day off, spent 3 hours at home and finished my US game first turn.  Hopefully I can finish my mirror game's first turn tomorrow.

Edited by Chibot Mk IX

15 minutes ago, Chibot Mk IX said:

Ahhh, crap, that hurts. 

I usually play CM on a laptop. That laptop is a very popular item in my family during holiday season. My wife and kids love to use that laptop to watch movie and TV show.

And it is very hard to find 4 continuous hours to finish the planning and deployment. Party, friends and family are going to occupy most of the time. 

On the bright side, these are relatively small size scenarios, company size battles. But the first couple turns still need a lot of time 😐

Looks like I got to run the CM on a low-end desktop in the basement. Keep the game running all day. Issue order to one squad at a time, whenever I can spare time in the basement. Hopefully kids don't press the power button when I am away from the desk     :) 

I took half day off, spent 3 hours at home and finished my US game first turn.  Hopefully I can finish my mirror game's first turn tomorrow.

People like you are who I am scared to death to get matched up with. Imma gonna guess that you would slaughter me. I think that I may have spent 10 minutes on each battle setting up. 🙂 

57 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

People like you are who I am scared to death to get matched up with. Imma gonna guess that you would slaughter me. I think that I may have spent 10 minutes on each battle setting up. 🙂 

Ten minutes?! Ten minutes?! I spent an hour working out my opening Soviet moves and you shot em to hell in two minutes… 

I might cry… 😂

Ten minutes…mumble…shakes head…

1 hour ago, George MC said:

Ten minutes?! Ten minutes?! I spent an hour working out my opening Soviet moves and you shot em to hell in two minutes… 

I might cry… 😂

Ten minutes…mumble…shakes head…

We're far enough in where it isn't a secret............I unloaded almost everyone and set them up watching across the valley. After a couple of turns of that I started moving men forward. But there wasn't much I did in setup.

I am only seeing turns on 1/2 my mirror ?  Is that normal ?  I thought this match was mirrored and I actually left the Ivan password blank as instructed 

I am on US turn 5.  I have not yet deployed the rooskies  

I don’t think my opponent is on the forum here. 

Edited by ALBY

8 minutes ago, ALBY said:

I am only seeing turns on 1/2 my mirror ?  Is that normal ?  I thought this match was mirrored and I actually left the Ivan password blank as instructed 

I am on US turn 5.  I have not yet deployed the rooskies  

I don’t think my opponent is on the forum here. 

It sounds like your opponent didn't read the instructions and play their initial Red turn. 

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

We're far enough in where it isn't a secret............I unloaded almost everyone and set them up watching across the valley. After a couple of turns of that I started moving men forward. But there wasn't much I did in setup.

I’m happier now 😁Ive gone into reverse ferret mode! 

The same, my opponent started the game before me, wednesday 21, and I don't even have a 1st round of anything, only a mail from Matrix telling me to wait my turn 😑.

I know RooksAndKingz 's other opponent. He will tell me by email if he has received any news, for the moment their game seems not to have started either. RooksAndKingparticipated in the CW beta tournament and his score is 0 as if he had not participated in fact.

5 hours ago, laurent 22 said:

The same, my opponent started the game before me, wednesday 21, and I don't even have a 1st round of anything, only a mail from Matrix telling me to wait my turn 😑.

I know RooksAndKingz 's other opponent. He will tell me by email if he has received any news, for the moment their game seems not to have started either. RooksAndKingparticipated in the CW beta tournament and his score is 0 as if he had not participated in fact.

@BFCElvis could there be an issue with some files?

Like others here I'm only playing one side of the mirror. After the tournament started there was 1 turn for me (red), which I returned without setting pwd. Since then I got it back two times, but no trace of the other game. I tried mentioning my oppo here but seems like he isn't a regular visitor.

It is a downside to the Matrix tournaments. If you look at other tournaments you'll see that there is always a number of players who don't show up after signing on (this is the one right next to our: https://www.matrixgames.com/tournaments/scores/857). The back end system allows for use to award points automatically if someone drops out. So, everyone should receive some points when the round is over. Not as much fun but it's somefink. Hopefully the 2nd round will get you a more accurate opponent. 

1 minute ago, Lethaface said:

@BFCElvis could there be an issue with some files?

Like others here I'm only playing one side of the mirror. After the tournament started there was 1 turn for me (red), which I returned without setting pwd. Since then I got it back two times, but no trace of the other game. I tried mentioning my oppo here but seems like he isn't a regular visitor.

I suppose that it's possible but my guess is that your opponent doesn't realize it. Have you sent a PM? I saw that you look at their profile a few hours ago. 

7 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I suppose that it's possible but my guess is that your opponent doesn't realize it. Have you sent a PM? I saw that you look at their profile a few hours ago. 

Good idea (just did as well), maybe he'll see the email notification. I don't understand how someone would see and play file X but not file Y, but then I often don't understand why people do/don't do something so there's that. 

Guess it would come in handy if we could send messages on the Matrix tournament website. I tried looking in the forum there as well, but didn't find him.

I'm paired with the KingZ, and didn't get anything from him yet.

Any chance the scenario could be made publicly available? Because I'd be happy to invite another lonely heart for this dance, even for peanuts. Maybe we could then pretend we were there too...

Edited by Stimo