Combat photography: Photos from the front..

14 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

Here my Puma advances to the heavy bridge VP location

Just to prove how anally retentive some people are - that's not a Puma 😉.  The 20mm gun and open turret suggests it's a Sd. Kfz. 234/1, whereas the Puma was a Sd. Kfz. 234/2.

Unless my eyes are playing up 😵‍💫.

Some more retentive than me say Puma was not an official designation or even a nickname, but I quite like it.

Edited by Vacillator

6 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Just to prove how anally retentive some people are - that's not a Puma 😉.  The 20mm gun and open turret suggests it's a Sd. Kfz. 234/1, whereas the Puma was a Sd. Kfz. 234/2.

Unless my eyes are playing up 😵‍💫.

Some more retentive than me say Puma was not an official designation or even a nickname, but I quite like it.

Haha!  Thanks!  I knew, as soon as I posted it, that someone would call me out for that.  You are right, of course, it's an Sd. Kfz. 234/1 with the 20mm cannon. 

But, let's just say that to me, all 8 wheeled German ACs with turrets are Pumas!

Edited by Phantom Captain

Victory!  My battle with @FlammenwerferX is over.  After much struggle and brutal fighting my troops have won the victory taking all but one final VP location!  My opponent put up a fierce defense as usual but my armor and mechanized troops proved to be the difference.

Final photos from the frontlines...

I just love the battle damaged building on this one.  

901.png

The panzergrenadiers were integral to my victory.

902.png

904.png

905.png

My armor and recon sit atop the last VP I was able to seize.

906.png

907.png

My infantry rests after taking a farm overlooking the stream crossing and bridge.

908.png

909.png

8 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

That reminds me of some absolutely bad-*** panzergrenadiers I had in CMFB 'A Muddy Affair'.  They had some mighty kahoonas...

Anyway great pictures as always, even if they take forever to appear even on a 700 Mbps download.

And congratulations!

9 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

Victory!  My battle with @FlammenwerferX is over.  After much struggle and brutal fighting my troops have won the victory taking all but one final VP location!  My opponent put up a fierce defense as usual but my armor and mechanized troops proved to be the difference.

Final photos from the frontlines...

I just love the battle damaged building on this one.  

901.png

902.png

904.png

905.png

My armor and recon sit atop the last VP I was able to seize.

906.png

907.png

My infantry rests after taking a farm overlooking the stream crossing and bridge.

908.png

909.png

Wow, you've outdone yourself with this pics, thanks for sharing.  

3 hours ago, Vacillator said:

That reminds me of some absolutely bad-*** panzergrenadiers I had in CMFB 'A Muddy Affair'.  They had some mighty kahoonas...

Anyway great pictures as always, even if they take forever to appear even on a 700 Mbps download.

And congratulations!

Thank you thank you!  A Muddy Affair was a really good battle but I played as the Americans!  CMFB was the last one I bought and I put it off for a long time for some reason.  Once I got it though, it's SO GOOD!  It jumped right up to top 3.  Although, honestly they are all really hard to rank.  

My regular PBEM opponent @Fizou and I just finished The Battle for Chaumont in CMFB and it was absolutely disgustingly brutal.  We fought to a complete Draw with horrendous losses all around.  I had remarked that I felt it was one of our most violent, stubborn, fight to death battles we have ever played.  It felt as if we were paying in blood for every...single...meter.  I could probably write a 100 page essay just on everything that occurred in the battle and how it unfolded.  Those Falschirmjagers fight like demons.

Now, we are just about to start The Battle for Chaumont Pt. 2.  The German counterattack!  I am the Americans, he is the Germans.  For both battles...

Just take a look at this madness...  I'll have nightmares about his hidden ATGs taking out my Shermans left and right for the rest of my life... 

910.png

Most of these men were KIA and WIA.  I always feel horrid when I get my pixeltruppen slaughtered.

Combat-Mission-Final-Blitzkrieg-Screensh

5.png

14.png

911.png

2 hours ago, danfrodo said:

Wow, you've outdone yourself with this pics, thanks for sharing.  

Thanks!!  I really thought a few of those did come out pretty good!

Ok then, any of you now want a go at a PBEM?  @Vacillator @danfrodo @FlammenwerferX @chuckdyke??

Ha!  The gauntlet has been thrown.  And remember this thread is all encompassing so it can be any theater.

I mean, me and @Fizou always have 3 different battles going at any time (currently CMBN, CMRT, CMFB), I'm playtesting a campaign for Mr. X and always starting campaigns or saves or new solo battles against the AI so why not take on another??  

43 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

Thanks!!  I really thought a few of those did come out pretty good!

Ok then, any of you now want a go at a PBEM?  @Vacillator @danfrodo @FlammenwerferX @chuckdyke??

Ha!  The gauntlet has been thrown.  And remember this thread is all encompassing so it can be any theater.

I mean, me and @Fizou always have 3 different battles going at any time (currently CMBN, CMRT, CMFB), I'm playtesting a campaign for Mr. X and always starting campaigns or saves or new solo battles against the AI so why not take on another??  

Day job killing me, you'd be waiting forever, sorry.  But you at least would get an easy victory!

12 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

always have 3 different battles going at any time (currently CMBN, CMRT, CMFB), I'm playtesting a campaign for Mr. X and always starting campaigns

I have two already going, just down from three, plus testing (also for Mr X - great stuff) plus another couple due to start in the coming days.  Would be happy to play you but perhaps not just now unless I want to keep everyone waiting.  Maybe in a week or two?

Just had a random thought, let's copy in @Mr.X and give some credit for great work in his upcoming campaigns.  I've just played some of the Five Bridges campaign and I would happily pay money for it even though I won't have to.  Perhaps a donation to a charity of Frank's choice will be an appropriate gesture.  Or to Ukraine, whatever works...

But that wasn't the random thought - that was that you might wish to change your username Frank, now that Elon has become Mr X.

Okay it's a Friday night 😵‍💫...

3 hours ago, Vacillator said:

😂 of course.

And back to the 'serious' stuff, Five Bridges is going well, so far... 👍

So is Tiger Trail!  @Mr.X Last message from you received and I will do so!

Agree with you Vacillator, Frank's stuff is REALLY REALLY good!  Can't wait until others get to see the completed versions of these and how amazingly different some of the interspersed missions in these campaigns are!

I need to get back to posting sneak peek pics from the campaign.  Shhhh, right now my guys have to attempt a river crossing in the dark!  And not just some 10 meter wide stream or creek or anything, we're talking The Niemen River, a nice 200 or so meters across.  IN THE DARK.  Ha!

11 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

The first photos come trickling in from our brave and intrepid embedded photographer to document the heroics of our boys as the beat back the fascist invaders.

920.png

921.png

922.png

923.png

924.png

Great pics, once again.  I do love the T34/85.  Yeah, it aint a panther but it works and there's lots of them and only weighs ~35 tons.  With a powerful gun, again, not as good as the german guns & optics, but cheap and plentiful and reasonably reliable relative to intended life.  I never play russians in modern or CW but I really enjoy playing them in WW2.  

3 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

Great pics, once again.  I do love the T34/85.  Yeah, it aint a panther but it works and there's lots of them and only weighs ~35 tons.  With a powerful gun, again, not as good as the german guns & optics, but cheap and plentiful and reasonably reliable relative to intended life.  I never play russians in modern or CW but I really enjoy playing them in WW2.  

Exactly!  One of my favorite tanks of the war.  It's just excellent all around!

I honestly really like playing the Soviets in WWII as well!  Use them as a hammer, not a scalpel.  

1 minute ago, Phantom Captain said:

Exactly!  One of my favorite tanks of the war.  It's just excellent all around!

I honestly really like playing the Soviets in WWII as well!  Use them as a hammer, not a scalpel.  

Like I said before, I really really really hate being on the pointy end of a squad of PPSH fire.  but I do love being on the trigger side of that.  Indeed, hammer away.  It's meatball surgery not brain surgery, as I once heard said.