I Can't Wait For The East And West Germans To Arrive

I know you gentlemen are very busy, but any hints on when the next module will come out??? I would really like to see the Leopard I next to a M-60a1. Another tracked vehicle I am excited about is the Gepard and the Marder. You Gentlemen did a great job putting together CMCW, now we just need the next module. Thank You Much Lukas

53 minutes ago, Gary R Lukas said:

I know you gentlemen are very busy, but any hints on when the next module will come out??? I would really like to see the Leopard I next to a M-60a1. Another tracked vehicle I am excited about is the Gepard and the Marder. You Gentlemen did a great job putting together CMCW, now we just need the next module. Thank You Much Lukas

Agreed playing a western faction with an actual IFV back in Cold War would be fun.

53 minutes ago, Simcoe said:

How different would the East Germans be? Wouldn't it all be the same Soviet hardware?

Not much difference to the soviets there with East Germany. West-Germany, BAOR, Netherlands and Belgians of NORTHAG offer more new gear to the game.

4 hours ago, Simcoe said:

How different would the East Germans be? Wouldn't it all be the same Soviet hardware?

As far as vehicles go, for the most part yes it was all Soviet hardware. Though there were a few vehicles that were unique to Warsaw Pact nations that they would operate. Soldier equipment was different, everyone knows about the infamous helmets they used for example. 

The East Germans were also part of the Soviet main effort on the ground in Germany, as opposed to a lot of the other Warsaw Pact nations that had more secondary roles. 

12 hours ago, Gary R Lukas said:

I'm ready for the Leopard I series of tanks, then the Leopard II, Marder's, HOT AT Missiles and much much more. I almost forgot the KOOL Fleck-Pattern Camo

I like also very much western german vehicles, don’t forget the excellent Spähpanzer Luchs, very quiet engine perfect to be close of the eni two drivers I would like to see it in CM…

Here a link about (sorry only german version) interresting moment video beginn by about 50 time sec of the movie !

https://www.facebook.com/tanksbeingtanks/videos/spähpanzer-luchs/505349369935795/

Personly I think the next addons for CMCW will be British BAOR, until now every first addon for CM series was British, but I can be wrong.

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

I am eager to see West Germans, British, and French (in that order) forces added in. I would love to the Leo 1, Chieftain, and AMX 30 in action. And I'm particularly interested to see how the battle rifle armed German (G3) and British (L1A1) infantry fair against the assault rifle armed Soviets. I'm certainly anticipating that the Germans and British infantry will be at a severe firepower disadvantage at close range (assaulting through forests and buildings), but I expect they should do fine at medium and long range. Of course the Brits and the Germans do have excellent machineguns in the L7 and MG3, which may make them the equals of Soviet infantry despite having (presumably) inferior rifles. I'm eager to see the rest of NATO included as well (I think the Dutch and Belgians both held sectors of the border that were plausible points for the Soviet main effort), but I believe the Americans, West Germans, British, and French account for most of the unique equipment.

23 hours ago, Centurian52 said:

I am eager to see West Germans, British, and French (in that order) forces added in. I would love to the Leo 1, Chieftain, and AMX 30 in action. And I'm particularly interested to see how the battle rifle armed German (G3) and British (L1A1) infantry fair against the assault rifle armed Soviets. I'm certainly anticipating that the Germans and British infantry will be at a severe firepower disadvantage at close range (assaulting through forests and buildings), but I expect they should do fine at medium and long range. Of course the Brits and the Germans do have excellent machineguns in the L7 and MG3, which may make them the equals of Soviet infantry despite having (presumably) inferior rifles. I'm eager to see the rest of NATO included as well (I think the Dutch and Belgians both held sectors of the border that were plausible points for the Soviet main effort), but I believe the Americans, West Germans, British, and French account for most of the unique equipment.

What do non US forces have for explosives? The RPG is a serious force multiplier for Soviet infantry. 

5 minutes ago, Simcoe said:

What do non US forces have for explosives? The RPG is a serious force multiplier for Soviet infantry. 

The West Germans had the Panzerfaust 44, which seems to have similar performance to the RPG 7 (similar range, slightly better penetration (depending on warhead)). I believe the British were mostly stuck with American M72 LAWs. Not sure about the French or other NATO members.

Wikipedia says the Brits used the Carl G 84mm until it was replaced by the LAW80 in the 80s, along with the LAW. 

I would be happy to get either the Brits* or the West Germans. Both have some interesting kit and using Marders to kill BMPs in Shock Force just isn't the same thing as a central Europe throw down. 

H

*Although going up against T64s with Chieftains is not a prospect I'm really looking forward to. I'm kinda expecting the Chieftain to be like a heavier, slower version** of the M60 series when facing the T64/T72. Pretty much anything can kill a M60 from any aspect and all the armor does is make the tank slower. 

**At least CM doesn't model engine reliability...

4 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

The Brits came up with Chobham Armor and I don't think the M60 had laminated armor yet. 

The Chieftain was all steel. I'm recalling the Brits developed a 'special' armor package for the Chieftain but decided not to field it because it would be too expensive and the Chieftain's cast turret wasn't amenable to the flat plates of the special armor package. 

It would be interesting to game out if the German's were on to something with the Leopard 1. Since steel armor can't keep out HEAT anyway keep the armor light and the tank fast. I'm thinking 70's era fire control would make that a losing proposition but it'd be fun to try it. 

H

12 minutes ago, Halmbarte said:

I'm thinking 70's era fire control would make that a losing proposition

Going earlier than that is the .50 aiming gun on the Centurion. It was effective up to a mile for first shot hit probability. It outgunned the T55 and was roughly on par with the T62. I would love a game from that period. 

6 hours ago, Halmbarte said:

It would be interesting to game out if the German's were on to something with the Leopard 1. Since steel armor can't keep out HEAT anyway keep the armor light and the tank fast. I'm thinking 70's era fire control would make that a losing proposition but it'd be fun to try it. 

H

I have yet to bounce anything with m60s so leo1 having the same gun performance (no idea about the fcs) but being smaller and faster should if anything be an improvement.

1 hour ago, holoween said:

I have yet to bounce anything with m60s so leo1 having the same gun performance (no idea about the fcs) but being smaller and faster should if anything be an improvement.

I doubt that in all of history anyone has ever snuck up on anyone in a M60. 

8 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

Going earlier than that is the .50 aiming gun on the Centurion. It was effective up to a mile for first shot hit probability. It outgunned the T55 and was roughly on par with the T62. I would love a game from that period. 

If I'm remembering right the early marks of Chieftain also used a spotting rifle. 

And I was wrong earlier, Chieftain did have a composite armor package available that was deployed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stillbrew_armour

H

2 hours ago, holoween said:

That’s interesting, in a PBEM I finished recently I was using the Soviets with T-64’s and absolutely ran through my opponents M60’s. One of my tanks sustained four to five hits frontally from 500-800 meters and was not penetrated. 

3 hours ago, zmoney said:

That’s interesting, in a PBEM I finished recently I was using the Soviets with T-64’s and absolutely ran through my opponents M60’s. One of my tanks sustained four to five hits frontally from 500-800 meters and was not penetrated. 

Think you misread. He's saying when he is commanding M60s he's never had their armour defeat Soviet rounds; so in that case he might as well get the same firepower in a nimbler package.