How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

There is rumour that the 47th Mechanized Brigade (known for its Bradleys) is pulled back. @Haiduk, could you confirm this ?

The kill zone Ukrainians entered south of Orichiv, which comprised ATGM crews, artillery, minefields, and aviation, also stopped Kyiv’s advances as the Bradkey- and Leopard-equipped 47th Mechanised Brigades suffered losses and was pulled back. But at the same time, there is a striking difference in the number of units committed to both axes. In the latter axis, Ukrainians employed only five brigades supported by one artillery brigade, a force 50% smaller than what was sent to battle Velyka Novosilka.

Source :
https://rochanconsulting.substack.com/p/ukraine-conflict-monitor-12-june

Edited by Taranis

35 minutes ago, pintere said:

These photos with the map and text boxes, where are they from?

From me. I am making them based on content inside of the boxes. Basically I read post, I make map, mark settlements, mark actions (directions of attacks) then put text boxes with descriptions at close to location as possible. 

1 hour ago, Grigb said:

From me. I am making them based on content inside of the boxes. Basically I read post, I make map, mark settlements, mark actions (directions of attacks) then put text boxes with descriptions at close to location as possible. 

Well that’s some top notch work!

1 hour ago, Grigb said:

Highly appreciated! 👍

3 hours ago, Taranis said:

There is rumour that the 47th Mechanized Brigade (known for its Bradleys) is pulled back. @Haiduk, could you confirm this ?

Source :

I can imagine that they are rotating units. 47th MechBrig was in 1st line since 5th of June. I guess they are given some well deserved rest as Divisional Reserve now.

3 hours ago, Taranis said:

Source :

This again about their first attack on 7-8th of June. Now they fight very hard, but have some gains on Robotyne direction.

Edited by Haiduk

Just now, Haiduk said:

Reportedly Russians are increasing the density of battle orders there at the expense of different LPR troops. 

They have to. If they don't stop AFU at Berkhievka, Soledar will be next. And AFAIR, Kleshiivka is the last vital stronghold guarding RU communication routes south of Bakhmut. The brilliance of UKR offensive plans is RU must respond by thickening the line and counter-attacking brining reserves to UKR arty party.

I do not care whether AFU encircles Bakhmut or not. What is important though the more RU bring troops to stabilize Bakhmut the more will die and the less will be elsewhere to defend against main UKR strike. 

On the one of front sections 47th brigade fights against 1430th motor-rifle regiment of Territorial troops. After one of clashes UKR soldiers hve taken a prisoner - wounded mobik from Moscow. He told he from third company, the company had 120 men, but after the fight at least half were killed or wounded. One man, who watch in thermal camera was teared apart by direct hit from Bradley gun. When they no more could stand and run he was hit in the leg. He told they spent many time in tree-plants, the command continuosly regroup them. They hadn't normal houshold conditions during months, couldn's wash themselves and their uniform properly. Their commanders don't go into the fight with them.

Edited by Haiduk

UKR troops, repelling desperate Russian counter-attacks on Makarivka could expand zone of control to the east from the village toward Novodonetske

Also UKR troops after two days of fierce fighting, according to reports of Russian milbloggers could enter to Pyatykhatky village on western Zaporozhian front. There are rumors that UKR forces seized the village and attacking on neighbour Zherebyache, but it's not confirmed yet. Reportedly Russians transferred to this area units of 34th motor-rifle brigade of 49th CAA, withdrew them from Kherson oblast. 

Зображення

Edited by Haiduk

1 minute ago, DesertFox said:

Ah, sorry. You can't get that 90s NATO structure out of me. 😉 What´s the next level command unit above the Brigades then?

Should be the high command, I don't know of anything higher level than brigades. Then again finding out Ukrainian TOE is like pulling teeth, not much if anything is public. 

11 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

Ah, sorry. You can't get that 90s NATO structure out of me. 😉 What´s the next level command unit above the Brigades then?

In peace time its were Operative Commands (OC). But now  Operative-Strategical Groupings are appeared between brigade and OC levels. 

Edited by Haiduk

8 hours ago, JonS said:

I'll also note that even the US has training facilities for it's own use spread right across CONUS and across the world

All good points. Do you think the immediate needs of Ukraine still fit a peace time training model? The effort is probably more concentrated compared the the number of bases and countries cited in the news conference. But maybe not. 

Interesting situation in Pyatykhatky... Several hours ago Russian milblogger claimed small number of UKR troops still hold several houses in western part of village (yesterday they told about one tank and one BMP with assault group), but Russian command is doing nothing to push them off there! Only artilelry works on UKR positions. He says if nothing change and UKR brimg more reinforcements, they will be forced to abandon this village  

Russians havn't any free reserves to deal with less platoon-size unit %)

Edited by Haiduk

Video of trench firefight, followed by UKR troops gathering booty & such.  One thing I've been noticing in videos is how nice it is for UKR forces to be constantly resupplied as they advance.  One video showed a bounty of mortar shells.  This one a grenade launcher, lots of very nice looking rifles. 

12 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

Video of trench firefight, followed by UKR troops gathering booty & such.  One thing I've been noticing in videos is how nice it is for UKR forces to be constantly resupplied as they advance.  One video showed a bounty of mortar shells.  This one a grenade launcher, lots of very nice looking rifles. 

Was just going to post this. 😁

Those guys serving in the 3rd separate assault brigade are definitely not camera-shy. Lots of videos coming from them.