How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

29 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

Britons beware...

Doesn't this moron realise that the Angles and Saxons were Germanic ... and genetically related to, oh, the Varangian Rus?

But, of course, it seems as if rising to high rank in the RuAF and being elected to the State Duma requires one to be a moron.

Reading over at the war zone that the RA might be having some success with attack choppers. (Ka-52) Any thoughts on if this a real and or major issue for the the ongoing offensive? If real counter measure have to be in progress and made a priority. 

4 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Maybe it would be worth attacking across the now much smaller river if it means being able to bypass all those defensive positions north of Tokmak?

Any advance in the vicinity of Nikopol would occur within < 2km of the cooling pool for the nuclear power plant, so there's one very large potential headache that makes a major crossing there not worth it.

17 minutes ago, paxromana said:

Doesn't this moron realise that the Angles and Saxons were Germanic ... and genetically related to, oh, the Varangian Rus?

But, of course, it seems as if rising to high rank in the RuAF and being elected to the State Duma requires one to be a moron.

If you euthanize your brain cells for decades with ethanol of dubious quality, it takes a toll...

7 minutes ago, Harmon Rabb said:

A clip from the RU side, filmed with a low quality camera. 

Idiot w camera nearly shot two of his comrades in back of the head.  Hopefully there's more like him in RU army, will save UKR a lot of effort.

5 minutes ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

So this is Moscow stating it is ok for Ukrainian planes to operate out of NATO airfields?

Even Moscow is trying to get the West to realize it has absolute escalation dominance 

Sounds like it.

Moscow has backed down on every single "red line" that it has drawn when NATO has pushed the issue.  The only strategy they have left that is even slightly plausible is to de-escalate, drag things out for as long as possible, and hope that NATO countries get tired of supporting Ukraine (obviously coupled with stirring up the western tankie contingent to go on about Russia being willing to talk about peace,  and Ukraine being belligerent).

19 minutes ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

So this is Moscow stating it is ok for Ukrainian planes to operate out of NATO airfields?

Even Moscow is trying to get the West to realize it has absolute escalation dominance 

Bleep me, they just INVITED NATO's air force to join the war. How can such an invitation be refused? Three thousand sorties days will wrap thus thing up by the fourth of July

1 hour ago, kevinkin said:

Reading over at the war zone that the RA might be having some success with attack choppers. (Ka-52) Any thoughts on if this a real and or major issue for the the ongoing offensive? If real counter measure have to be in progress and made a priority. 

Another somewhat concerning thing is all the mention (ISW) of RA "counterattacks". This does not seem to be the behavior of a demoralized / defeated armed force. Sure, the attacks might just be hit and run spoiling shots. But the RA is to some degree is leaving their protection to engage the UA at times. Too early to tell if this is out of desperation, just blind doctrine or the result of on the spot planning. I am betting it's blind doctrine. 

7 minutes ago, Harmon Rabb said:

What am I watching? This is filmed at the 2023 St Petersburg Economic Forum apparently. 😁

I can picture the excellent marketing bullet points given to potential investors.  "Invest in Russia!  Why invest here?  Because we're like N Korea but with lots of oil!  How can you resist?  Also, we have no real rule of law!  And we might kidnap you if you visit or just kill you where you live.  And your family!  Or maybe just blackmail you based on what you did here during your visit.  Or we blackmail you on something we just made up.  That's why you should invest here!"

I saw above someone said UKR tried a pontoon across Dnieper but was shelled by RU, according to RU blogger.  Interesting.  Maybe UKR simply wants the threat of crossing to fix at least some RU troops & arty along the river.  Good idea as long as cost of feint is much less than RU has to spend.

23 minutes ago, Harmon Rabb said:

What am I watching? This is filmed at the 2023 St Petersburg Economic Forum apparently. 😁

Big men make big targets ! Between the videos of non-respect of the shooting zones and that.... Don't change anything above all... Keep it up Russians you are on the right track... 🤦‍♂️

On the next video, they will put a bullet in through their mouth and out somewhere else... 🤣

Edited by Taranis

21 minutes ago, Harmon Rabb said:

The only conceivable utility of this silliness is that it gives these three guys an excuse not to go to Bakmuht and get killed. I am sure they are very enthusiastic, anybody else...

can anyone explain why Kerch br. is still standing if Ukr had Storm Shadow and its not part of logistics? 

are the shadows not getting through air defence? or is it strategically important to still keep it standing?

1 minute ago, Yet said:

can anyone explain why Kerch br. is still standing if Ukr had Storm Shadow and its not part of logistics? 

are the shadows not getting through air defence? or is it strategically important to still keep it standing?

Could be they had to promise not to do that? It probably is the best defended site in Russia/Ukraine. It could be the storm shadows are easier to hit over water? A lot of possibilities, I doubt they will tell us which one.