How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

1 hour ago, panzermartin said:

I'm sorry but it seems miracles are expected from green crews straight from the NATO training centers in Europe, that probably haven't experienced combat before 

They are too bunched up. Too close together. Something is not quite right.

32 minutes ago, riptides said:

They are too bunched up. Too close together. Something is not quite right.

We don't know what caused this cluster duck of vehicles bunching up in such a small area. I guess the UKR is as aware as we are that everything more than three vehicles at the same place is a huge invitation for arty. Or as our old Spiess (Company Sergeant Major) said "Atomziel" "nuclear target".

35 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

I guess the UKR is as aware as we are that everything more than three vehicles at the same place is a huge invitation for arty. Or as our old Spiess (Company Sergeant Major) said "Atomziel" "nuclear target".

Oh, yes - I remember getting yelled at like that when two guys stood together :D

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/08/politics/ukraine-forces-resistance/index.html

Viacheslav Ratynskyi/Reuters
CNN
 — 
Ukrainian forces have suffered losses in heavy equipment and soldiers as they met greater than expected resistance from Russian forces in their first attempt to breach Russian lines in the east of the country in recent days, two senior US officials tell CNN.

One US official described the losses – which include US supplied MRAP armored personnel vehicles as “significant.”

Leopard 2 was oversold as some game-changing Überwaffe when its merely more MBTs to add to Ukraine's tank fleet. Leopard 2 is going to do as well and as poorly as any other tank in the arsenal when trying to breach Russian defenses. Leopard 2 comes with its own particular handicap in that is seen by the Russians as a 'prize' to focus their attention on, so it becomes a magnet for incoming fire.

Edited by MikeyD

3 hours ago, Kraft said:

Yes that is a Leo2A4, and lots of M113s. Its quite the **** show and definatively not just a probe or force in recon with the amount of vehicles (14 in camera shot) piling up and blowing in the same mine belt Id say its a high budget reenactment of the Russian winter offensive as of yet

https://t.me/WarZoneInc/47985

It was artillery strike, when column moves in grey zone. 

3 hours ago, panzermartin said:

I'm sorry but it seems miracles are expected from green crews straight from the NATO training centers in Europe, that probably haven't experienced combat before 

This is not a big problem. Much more danger problem is commanders of middle level, including the batallion level, who gave orders of such "Zhukov-style" maneuvers

2 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Be VERY alert to Deep Fakes.  We've already seen a recent mass use of a Putin Deep Fake, so my money is this is another one.  They are going to be increasingly common.

Steve

@dan/california This is real phrase of Putin, whicn he said in 2014 and it became a meme. 

Here is a news from 2014 of Russian media with these words: https://www.vedomosti.ru/politics/articles/2014/03/04/putin-nachal-press-konfernenciyu

2 hours ago, kraze said:

That's not a deep fake, that's Putin's comments during invasion of Crimea in early March of 2014

Well, that's what I get for giving a mass murdering fascist leader some benefit of the doubt!

That said, the video really posted out of context with current events.  So not deep fake, just another in massively long list of confused/deceptive postings.

Steve

UKR troops of 23rd mech. brigade with damaged and captured Russian BMP-2 w/KDZ kit. Brigade probably operates somewhere on left flank of souherm front (between Huliaypole and V.Novosilka)

Зображення

Зображення

Night mission of SOF in Robotyne village area (Orikhiv - Tokmak direction)