How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

9 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

That is a major change of attitude.  Putin probably needs to get more security for his foot taster and get some more body doubles.

That's probably the best typo we're going to see all week, and at current levels of activity there are going to be some good ones.

I'd say the LDPR forces are as thin and brittle, if not much more,  than the RUS as a whole.  Also, for the last four months the local populace has been enduring an elevated level of the Pushilin's regimes stupid brutality and incompetence. If the civilians see their "army corp"  collapsing will they really  go to the barricades for them?  How many women will be aching to put themselves in harms way for a regime that has stolen their husbands,  sons and brothers and thrown them into the human abbatoir on the front. 

Like the RUS army as a whole, the LDPR command seems to have emphasized the Attack over all else. They're thrown away thousands of men on useless, incremental attacks. The total focus on the front line must mean that rear areas are unprotected, inflexible and  vulnerable to rampaging columns.  There's probably no plan, no contingency, no thought in their heads of even the possibility of dealing with a  UKR breakthrough. Even if they start noodling ideas now they're way too late. 

It's impossible to put as much emphasis on Attack,  as LDPR has,  and yet also have a solid and adaptable defense in hand. 

So I'd posit the Donetsk front is hard but brittle, like elsewhere. The force emphasis  and command focus has been the same throughout the RUS/LDPR front -  the attack is supreme. The major exception is Kherson,of course. 

Still,  If UKR can punch through the front line defenses of Donetsk and advance into the rear areas then it could be Kharkiv/Izium (Romperstomper), Part Deux (The Second Part) and by Thursday we may be talkng about the Fall of Donetsk in the past tense...

Edited by Kinophile

12 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Try as you may, I am not worried.  Sunlight pounding on the screen and mistyping a word that passes the spell checker is a tough combo to beat!

Steve

Oh come on i have o edit every thing I paste to achieve some minimal legibility. The rest of you can't compete.

Edit: tree times

Edited by dan/california

Despite all attention now to Kharkiv offensive, Russian forces continue own advance in Donetsk oblast.

After several weeks of assaults and artillery bombardments enemy troops (mostly PMC and LDPR regulars) have seized fortified hill on the outskirts of Kodema village in 12 km SE from Bakhmut. The enemy try to attack now from there on Mykolaivka Druha and Zaytseve, but without success

Here is Kodema fortifications

Зображення

Зображення

Зображення

Зображення

Also DPR troops several times for last two days tried to assault Krasnohorivka town, but were repelled with losses of several light armor  

Ukraine would be wise to not try and engage the DLPR forces just yet.  Clear out the Russians from everywhere else, then worry ab out DLPR.  They have a reason to fight hard as opposed to the Russians who can just pack up and go home.  Plus, after Russia is fully defeated I'm not sure how much support it will be willing to, or even able to, provide to DLPR.  That could make them easier targets for conquest next year or perhaps even find them willing to negotiate.

Steve

7 minutes ago, Kraft said:

Oryx must be having an aneurysm

I know it is no different from scenes before, but in this "orderly" retreat nobody again took the time to sabotage x) 

Even if retreating RU forces wanted to turn and fight, what are they gonna fight with?  That is the single biggest haul of the entire war so far 😃

1 hour ago, Calamine Waffles said:

I think what happened was they put a significant portion of the mobilised men into the existing experienced brigades, which allowed them to benefit from experience from comabt seasoned troops and get them up to speed faster. You'll note that the reserve/TDF units that were also mobilised have not fared as well in Donbas and have encountered problems due to lack of experience and training.

Ok, so that may solve the soldiers problem in that window of time but pulling together a formation to the point it is ready to fight, particularly as we know they had to equip a large portion of it.  It is like saying “I got my fists in shape in 6 months”, great but what about the entire rest of the body?  I assume they had some existing staff structures to build off of but building a multi-Bde formation able of offensive ops is not something one normally whips off in a few months.  Unless you are Ukrainian apparently.

2 minutes ago, Grigb said:

New RU Nat copium - UKR do not understand that is their loss because NOW Putin will realise truth that was hidden from him all these time. 

Yes, now that Herr Putler sees this he'll take charge and win the war.  Uh huh.  And Kherson kessel is the next disaster waiting to happen.  I wonder what excuse RU nats will make up then?