How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

4 hours ago, kraze said:

Admittedly it's hard not to feel happy seeing insane genocidal trash turn into a sunflower fertilizer.

Admittedly it's hard not to feel disgusted by such statements. Really, I don't mean this to be inflamatory and I admit it's easy to say while sitting in my warm home far away from war. Still, the others are humans, too, even if you have good reasons to hate them.

4 hours ago, kraze said:

Every soldier has a choice to not follow criminal orders, to not be a soldier

True, but not everyone is a saint and willingly dies for disobeying orders. Orders to shoot at enemies about which propaganda told them for years that they are all a bunch of Nazis and a puppet of NATO.

Edited by Butschi

19 minutes ago, dan/california said:

Any word on what they hit his headquarters with?

No, but it was likely a part of the Ukrainian counter offensive on March 8th that took out about 400 Russian soldiers and obligated the Russians to withdraw the 25th Motorized Rifle Brigade back to Belgorod for rebuilding. 

11 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

This is either wonderful and true, or a very clever lie.  But either way it's gonna get FSB folks scared and non-FSB folks wanting some purges.  Either way, it's making me happy.

This has been rumored for a few days and isn't too surprising.  The FSB *HATES* Kadyrov.

Steve

15 minutes ago, Butschi said:

Admittedly it's hard not to feel disgusted by such statements. Really, I don't mean this to be inflamatory and I admit it's easy to say while sitting in my warm home far away from war. Still, the others are humans, too, even if you have good reasons to hate them.

True, but not everyone is a saint and willingly dies for disobeying orders. Orders to shoot at enemies about which propaganda told them for years that they are all a bunch of Nazis and a puppet of NATO.

I'm more disgusted by what the Russians are ACTUALLY DOING than a poster wishing death on the invaders.  In fact, I pretty much feel they are getting what they deserve too, human beings or not.  

At some point, those that are killing innocents deserve killing themselves.  I really don't feel bad for them, sorry.  Human beings make decisions and those decisions have consequences.

Edited by Phantom Captain

5 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

I'm more disgusted by what the Russians are ACTUALLY DOING than a poster wishing death on the invaders.  In fact, I pretty much feel they are getting what they deserve too, human beings or not.  

At some point, those that are killing innocents deserve killing themselves.  I really don't feel bad for them, sorry.  Human beings make decisions and those decisions have consequences.

yeah regardless of what you might have been told, there is a moment where you fire your weapon, drop that bomb, fire that rocket where you KNOW you are hitting a non combatant.  At that moment if you haven't realized you have committed a war crime, someone needs to point it out to you.  Hopefully permanently.

Just now, sburke said:

yeah regardless of what you might have been told, there is a moment where you fire your weapon, drop that bomb, fire that rocket where you KNOW you are hitting a non combatant.  At that moment if you haven't realized you have committed a war crime, someone needs to point it out to you.  Hopefully permanently.

Nazi is as Nazi does.

The MiGs - why doesn't UKR buy them from Poland? On the credit card perhaps, but who cares given the advantage that 2 squadrons would make to UKRs war effort. 

This is a perfectly feasible work around and surely would have been considered if the reasons provided against are genuine. That's why I strongly suspect that there's some other reason that underpins the ostensible objections. 

Edited by The Steppenwulf

All these captured Russian soldier talking ill of the invasion and Putin, some saying they want to overthrow him. Now you have to wonder if Putin will have a batch of sarin cupcakes for these soldiers when they return.

Feel bad for them. Talk about caught between a rock and a hard space, especially if any ceasefire agreement Ptuin demands they be sent back to Russia for "processing".

I’m in no way condoning Russian attacks on civilians or civilian targets but the way the Russians control information and the fact that many troops below the rank of officers are issued maps, it’s possible that grunts operating weapons like artillery are just given coordinates to fire at and have no idea of what’s on the receiving end.

It’s appears many are making judgments based on their western mindset where information is free, open and accurate.

In many places information is highly controlled and restricted.

2 minutes ago, db_zero said:

I’m in no way condoning Russian attacks on civilians or civilian targets but the way the Russians control information and the fact that many troops below the rank of officers are issued maps, it’s possible that grunts operating weapons like artillery are just given coordinates to fire at and have no idea of what’s on the receiving end.

It’s appears many are making judgments based on their western mindset where information is free, open and accurate.

In many places information is highly controlled and restricted.

those guys shelling Mariupol and dropping bombs on Kharkov know they are hitting civilian areas.

6 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

This could get even more ugly than it already is:

Seems to me Biden should make it clear in advance to Putin that if he does that NATO planes will give killing every Russian soldier in Ukraine their level best shot. Personally I would even argue for bombing the retreating ones if the Russians use gas or intentionally wreck a nuclear plant. Let Putin explain 80 or a hundred thousand casualties.

Added as an edit, And sink every Russian warship in the black sea.

Edited by dan/california

Just now, dan/california said:

Seems to me Biden should make it clear in advance to Putin that if he does that NATO planes will give killing every Russian soldier in Ukraine their level best shot. Personally I would even argue for bombing the retreating ones if the Russians use gas or intentionally wreck a nuclear plant. Let Putin explain 80 or a hundred thousand casualties.

My personal judgement is, if that happens the gloves are off and NATO will begin bombing the crap out of these bastards. But lets see what actually will happen.

Just now, sburke said:

1 NV is unnecessary when you have that many burning vehicles. :D  

2 Interesting that there is nothing left of a Russian presence, or this driver is crazy.

1 they werent burning before they attacked

2 not crazy enough to make a vid before and during the attack, but after they had finished the job

6 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

My personal judgement is, if that happens the gloves are off and NATO will begin bombing the crap out of these bastards. But lets see what actually will happen.

Yeah - I seriously doubt it . The West/NATO  will twist and turn and do everything in its power to get off the fishhook prepared by Putin . They'll suffer/allow  a radiological incident or the like   to occur and do nothing except more sanctions and lots of stern tellings off in the media . The Ukrainians really are on their own  here it seems to me . We are happy to  feed them  certain categories of weapons and look after the refugees  ... buts that's it . I would be happy to be proven wrong .

2 minutes ago, sburke said:

1 NV is unnecessary when you have that many burning vehicles. :D  

2 Interesting that there is nothing left of a Russian presence, or this driver is crazy.

Driving along with the lights on in the immediate aftermath of a firefight would imply that it was isolated outpost that got 100% wiped.