Excellent Review from School of War

23 minutes ago, Erwin said:

It's always nice to read a positive review of CM.  But, it's nearly always the case that the reviewer is a newbie and has not played enough hours of the game(s) to properly evaluate the system's failings/weaknesses.  One gets a nice puff piece.

Well it was a short piece and the thrust of it was its utility as a training tool and the author's argument is well-stated.  It also mentions some of the micromanagement overheads so it wasn't entirely a puff piece.

41 minutes ago, Erwin said:

It's always nice to read a positive review of CM.  But, it's nearly always the case that the reviewer is a newbie and has not played enough hours of the game(s) to properly evaluate the system's failings/weaknesses.  One gets a nice puff piece.

I am pretty sure it goes the other way more often.  Someone does not put the hours in and we get a slag piece because of "graphics, UI and pricing" without properly evaluating the systems strengths and successes.  

Seriously, the reason I thought this review was so good was because of the TDG replacement angle for the professional... I don't care that the reviewer probably isn't the most comfortable in the game I love the approach he is taking.  I find it unique and refreshing.. and aligns with the intent we had for this game, as a tactical sandbox.

Bil

Edited by Bil Hardenberger

Why are we glorifying this poorly written article? These lame excuses for reviews are exactly why nobody reads PCmag articles anymore. Everything is so half assed nowadays. I would never take CM seriously after reading that.

Last article that was posted on these forums was the same way. The author actually wrote a post on here before publishing his "work".

You Tube is the platform to promote this game. The best is still word by mouth. To be a preacher for the converted doesn't make sense. On YT are too many good video editors but not brilliant BF players. Get a professional AAR which demonstrates how the game should be played. I don't think the article was bad but some websites go the way of traditional media they get out of fashion. 

Edited by chuckdyke