Initial 'All in One' modpack

37mm

Ok -Thanks @Lethaface I think I got that - I installed in the wrong place -  Thank you very much for helping me out here! I might not be a newbie to the game, but I am certainly a newbie with mods 🙂 

( I wish that somewhere on the forum was a fixed article on "using mods for dummies" - but it seems to be  lacking...)

Now next question: Can folders contain other folders - do they have to be renamed, or is it OK to place a folder named "Aris Hetzer FB" in the Z-folder, or do I need to put every file in that folder into the Z-folder?

Best regards 

Morten

Copenhagen

Edited by 6plus1SMC

2 hours ago, 6plus1SMC said:

Now next question: Can folders contain other folders - do they have to be renamed, or is it OK to place a folder named "Aris Hetzer FB" in the Z-folder, or do I need to put every file in that folder into the Z-folder?

You can have as many folders under the Z or Mods folder as you want - it helps to keep things organised ( when you end up with hundreds of mods like some of us 🤪 ).

I have an "Aris mods", "Juju's mods" folders, etc.

• 5 months later...

Hello 37MM,

Greatly appreciate the effort in curating these "All In One Mod Packs" - I am using them all for each Combat Mission Title available!

I added in the "CatTactical Icons" and "Juju's UI V6" instead of the V5, and everything looks great!

I just wanted to say thanks for posting your modpacks all together on your download link.

I was also wondering, if you have any experience or are interested in "Reshade 5.2.2" for Combat Mission; I have been using Reshade with all Combat Mission games and have a tweaked Reshade Profile (screenshots below) if you are interested in using for yourself, or if you wanted to integrate it into any modpacks. Reshade takes more technical steps to install and get running but it is not too hard.

Let me know if you are interested in my Reshade 5.2.2 profile, the Before and After screenshots are below.

Best,

aexis

75008345_BeforeReshade5.2.2.thumb.jpg.ce05ad01399823121c06f06fcacd03c0.jpgAfterReshade5.2.2.thumb.jpg.4e33707b7cd1b2153ff66efcf3ec2149.jpg

9 hours ago, aexis said:

I was also wondering, if you have any experience or are interested in "Reshade 5.2.2" for Combat Mission

I only recently updated to 5.1 and was unaware that there's already a new update.

Subscribers to my channel will be aware that I use reshade a lot, post my own reshade profiles & that my tastes have changed over time.

These days I tend to use a combination of Pirate-Bloom & HDR to help brighten the game up. I also have a few unique & interesting reshade profiles like 'Nightvision' (which relies on Arcane Bloom) & 'Desert' (which comes with a heathaze effect).

17 hours ago, aexis said:

Hello 37MM,

Greatly appreciate the effort in curating these "All In One Mod Packs" - I am using them all for each Combat Mission Title available!

I added in the "CatTactical Icons" and "Juju's UI V6" instead of the V5, and everything looks great!

I just wanted to say thanks for posting your modpacks all together on your download link.

I was also wondering, if you have any experience or are interested in "Reshade 5.2.2" for Combat Mission; I have been using Reshade with all Combat Mission games and have a tweaked Reshade Profile (screenshots below) if you are interested in using for yourself, or if you wanted to integrate it into any modpacks. Reshade takes more technical steps to install and get running but it is not too hard.

Let me know if you are interested in my Reshade 5.2.2 profile, the Before and After screenshots are below.

Best,

aexis

75008345_BeforeReshade5.2.2.thumb.jpg.ce05ad01399823121c06f06fcacd03c0.jpgAfterReshade5.2.2.thumb.jpg.4e33707b7cd1b2153ff66efcf3ec2149.jpg

The top one certainly looks better. Far more realistic.

21 hours ago, aexis said:

Hello 37MM,

Best,

aexis

Very nice Very realistic @aexisalso the videos we can created a lot of config but untill we arrive to the balance of reality and something playable there is a lot of manipulations in the config and some are sometimes very ugly, but this is the choice of the players, depend also of course to the PC card and personal use.

Some members have already beautiful config, but personly is for me difficult to find the correct one, I was following advices of( Mords) but the result is not the same...

I would be interested to know your config and your personally reshades files perhaps provide a link ?

Thanks in advance

JM

@JM StuffI havent explored reshade much. But I will always use AMD Fidelity in the options. It sharpens everything very noticably, and makes the vehicle textures "pop"/come to life. I also use CSAA(?), FXAA, SMAA. I have no clue what I'm doing with those. I dont see an improvement with them as much as the AMD effect. 

On 6/26/2022 at 11:55 AM, JM Stuff said:

Very nice Very realistic @aexisalso the videos we can created a lot of config but untill we arrive to the balance of reality and something playable there is a lot of manipulations in the config and some are sometimes very ugly, but this is the choice of the players, depend also of course to the PC card and personal use.

Some members have already beautiful config, but personly is for me difficult to find the correct one, I was following advices of( Mords) but the result is not the same...

I would be interested to know your config and your personally reshades files perhaps provide a link ?

Thanks in advance

JM

Hello JM,

I have attached my own reshade 5.2.2 profile below - simply copy/paste them to your combat mission main directory where the .exe is, after installing reshade.

https://reshade.me/

I also recommend updating or clean installing reshade 5.2.2 (just released this June) and clicking the "Select All Shaders to Download" when installing reshade itself, with OpenGL settings.

I am myself still tweaking the profile - to edit it turn "performance mode" off

Shift F2 brings up the reshade menu

Shift F3 turns it on/off - I have also checked "pass on all input" in the settings so that it doesn't spin in circles when configuring reshade.

Lastly, I have been tweaking the first option, "Levels" to lighten/darken the profile overall;

You can adjust the "Levels"

black point and white points values,

to darken/brighten the overall profile

When first starting a game, the colours will look neon, but look more realistic after pressing the "Start round" button

If anyone tweaks this and finds a better result, please share with me/the community also I would be happy to try new configs!

Best,

aexis

aex.ini ReShade.ini ReShadePreset.ini

Edited by aexis

20 hours ago, Artkin said:

@JM StuffI havent explored reshade much. But I will always use AMD Fidelity in the options. It sharpens everything very noticably, and makes the vehicle textures "pop"/come to life. I also use CSAA(?), FXAA, SMAA. I have no clue what I'm doing with those. I dont see an improvement with them as much as the AMD effect. 

Thank you very much @Artkin for all these advices I had no knowledge of this driver and this update for AMD and even less of the abbreviations of CFAA FXAA SMAA, but by searching on the web I discovered more information that I hurry to install and run.

For info I have a fairly basic PC config I did not think to change it for the moment I have other priorities than PC games, I am happy that the CM series work on my machine, and that they do not require a greedy memory but of course I try to get the best of my config for the pleasure of the eyes... thanks again for your help.

I know my config is for sure not the best but I give an overview about...

Windows 10 64-bit

Mother Card 

MSI

P67A-G45 (MS-7673) (SOCKET 0)

Processor

Heart                    4

Intel Core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz

Graph

HP 24o (1920x1080@60Hz)

LCD 24-1 Wide (1920x1080@60Hz)

1024 MoATI AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)

When somebody can guide me to make better performance with  changing some compatible config and hardware, I am all ears about !

Thanks a lot in advance 

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

22 minutes ago, aexis said:

Hello JM,

I have attached my own reshade 5.2.2 profile below - simply copy/paste them to your combat mission main directory where the .exe is, after installing reshade.

https://reshade.me/

I also recommend updating or clean installing reshade 5.2.2 (just released this June) and clicking the "Select All Shaders to Download" when installing reshade itself, with OpenGL settings.

I am myself still tweaking the profile - to edit it turn "performance mode" off

Shift F2 brings up the reshade menu

Shift F3 turns it on/off - I have also checked "pass on all input" in the settings so that it doesn't spin in circles when configuring reshade.

Lastly, I have been tweaking the first option, "Levels" to lighten/darken the profile overall;

You can adjust the "Levels"

black point and white points values,

to darken/brighten the overall profile

When first starting a game, the colours will look neon, but look more realistic after pressing the "Start round" button

If anyone tweaks this and finds a better result, please share with me/the community also I would be happy to try new configs!

Best,

aexis

aex.ini 35.94 kB · 0 downloads ReShade.ini 2.21 kB · 0 downloads ReShadePreset.ini 20.4 kB · 0 downloads

Oh thanks very much @aexis I dont saw your reply !

I will check this config and let you know !

JM

Sorry @JM Stuff when you install Reshade you are given options of what to install. I just pressed install default.

When you have Reshade set up correctly then you will be able to press the "Home" key while you are playing CMRT (for instance). This will open up a list of effects that you can choose which will instantly affect your screen. All of the effects I previously mentioned are included in that list.

@HerrTom is good with Reshade and has his own preset that he made available to the public, but I was unable to get his configuration file to work with my version of Reshade.

1 hour ago, Artkin said:

Sorry @JM Stuff when you install Reshade you are given options of what to install. I just pressed install default.

When you have Reshade set up correctly then you will be able to press the "Home" key while you are playing CMRT (for instance). This will open up a list of effects that you can choose which will instantly affect your screen. All of the effects I previously mentioned are included in that list.

@HerrTom is good with Reshade and has his own preset that he made available to the public, but I was unable to get his configuration file to work with my version of Reshade.

Don't worry @Artkin I can do my way alone, that already very kind of you to take time to explain in details there are already lot of infos on the forum from differents members to take the appropriated infos that we need, I know also about @HerrTomhe made already good things specialy with explosions effects and have always a good result.

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

3 hours ago, JM Stuff said:
When somebody can guide me to make better performance with  changing some compatible config and hardware, I am all ears about !

You can always better your graphics card since the slot they insert into never changed. You have a 6800? That is from a long time ago when AMD was at their peak. Now we've seen them crash and come back to life again. It's been that long. 

Ive had the i5 2500k processor as you too. Its fantastic. I recommend you overclock it to 4.7 ghz at least. You can do that in bios. That chip was able to run CM almost as fast as the i5 9600k I replaced it with. 

The only way you will get more processing speed in CM is to replace your motherboard and processor altogether. Theoretically you can upgrade to an i7 2700k because they share the same socket they insert into (LGA 1155). You wouldnt benefit much from this setup though. I recommend buying a new processor with the highest single core performance. My go-to website for processor and graphics performance is:

cpubenchmark.net 

If you dont want to spend the cash I dont blame you. If your computer has a good cooler on your processor then feel free to overclock it. The i5 2500k loves it. Just keep it cool. 

1 hour ago, JM Stuff said:

Don't worry @Artkin I can do my way alone, that already very kind of you to take time to explain in details there are already lot of infos on the forum from differents members to take the appropriated infos that we need, I know also about @HerrTomhe made already good things specialy with explosions effects and have always a good result.

I agree his explosions look spectacular. :)

43 minutes ago, Artkin said:

You can always better your graphics card since the slot they insert into never changed. You have a 6800? That is from a long time ago when AMD was at their peak. Now we've seen them crash and come back to life again. It's been that long. 

Ive had the i5 2500k processor as you too. Its fantastic. I recommend you overclock it to 4.7 ghz at least. You can do that in bios. That chip was able to run CM almost as fast as the i5 9600k I replaced it with. 

The only way you will get more processing speed in CM is to replace your motherboard and processor altogether. Theoretically you can upgrade to an i7 2700k because they share the same socket they insert into (LGA 1155). You wouldnt benefit much from this setup though. I recommend buying a new processor with the highest single core performance. My go-to website for processor and graphics performance is:

cpubenchmark.net 

If you dont want to spend the cash I dont blame you. If your computer has a good cooler on your processor then feel free to overclock it. The i5 2500k loves it. Just keep it cool. 

Nice infos I was on the heat point to overlokking the processor via bios from month ago, but some notices on the net, was telling me there is a high risk to burn my motherboard, if I do something wrong, I think thi  this is a hard decision and I want to be sure to do it correctly this is why I didn t untill now.

just forgot to say the memory with 12 gb.

I take in good mind yours advices and perhaps I will make the big jump in the bios with some gloves...

Just keep it cool.  I just added more fans from a couple of years, and untill now he got well.

I know this is  the wrong place to talk about on this thread, this can be also anoyed for others members but I need for sure more infos about the procedure, is too hot and sad to loose a motherboard and perhaps more.

I will try to post in the correct place on the forum, or if you dont mind let you soon a pm, but first, I will check the cpubenchmark webside !

Thanks in advance 

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

Last time I overclocked was a long long while ago with this setup (including the improved cooling):

• Core2Duo E6750 2.66GHz OC@ 3.2GHz

• Arctic Freezer 7 Pro CPU cooler

• ASUS EN8800 GT 512MB OC@ 700Mhz / 2000MHz

• Thermaltake DuoOrb VGA cooler

Things have of course moved on a lot since then, but I had no issues whatsoever with that setup (in fact it's still in my loft, its place taken by a gaming laptop these days).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 37mm said:

Continuing to work on upgrading the "All in One", here I've used small portions of @NPye's mammoth Berlin mod project to help bring to life 'Fire & Rubbles' content...

Awesome video bud and thanks for using some of the Berlin Mod. V2 is soon out...

1hupge.png

On 10/28/2022 at 4:10 PM, 37mm said:

Continuing to work on upgrading the "All in One", here I've used small portions of @NPye's mammoth Berlin mod project to help bring to life 'Fire & Rubbles' content...

Those sounds are fantastic. Which mod is it? I have HQS 5.0 but the sounds aren't as good as yours

1 hour ago, Artkin said:

Those sounds are fantastic. Which mod is it? I have HQS 5.0 but the sounds aren't as good as yours

The 'ME Soundscape', I package a custom version with each 'All in One' and regularly post WIP sound updates on my channel.