Initial 'All in One' modpack

37mm

1 hour ago, 37mm said:

The 'ME Soundscape', I package a custom version with each 'All in One' and regularly post WIP sound updates on my channel.

Way to go. 😎 I as well make my own dedicated sound mod sets, with sources collected mostly from YT. There´s some nice YT to audio downloaders available making that happen. Edit and convert stuff in Audacity and there you go. Most sound mods I found at FGM/GAJ are either too bassy and/or a wild mix of different audio formats and quality. With few exceptions maybe. Even started adding my own voice to some german sets. 😅 German voice audio file sets are the worst in all games incl. CMX1 times, where most of these still originate. 🙄

Edit: Cool! 😎 Just found some your (CMFB) sound and Reshade file links on your channel.

Just watching this one. 🙂

Edited by RockinHarry

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, 37mm said:

The 'All in One' update is almost finished & thanks to @Ithikial_AU, @umlaut , @t34577685 & @Kuli will feature a new look to the Soviet Infantry... including snowy uniforms.

Here I try out a wintery version of the @rocketman scenario "Last Resort"...

A good pack of mixed uniforms, as well  some vehicles signs, a nice choice,

Just one thing, is a detail but the bridge seem to be without snow !

But all the rest is nice waiting for it 

Cheers

Edited by JM Stuff

15 hours ago, 37mm said:

The 'All in One' update is almost finished & thanks to @Ithikial_AU, @umlaut , @t34577685 & @Kuli will feature a new look to the Soviet Infantry... including snowy uniforms.

Here I try out a wintery version of the @rocketman scenario "Last Resort"...

That was fun :)

Never seen anyone make a video from one of my scenarios and I least of all thought this one in winter setting would be the first one. Looks like you played it well. IIRC there was more reinforcements from the German side, did they cause any problems?

On 1/4/2023 at 6:34 PM, rocketman said:

IIRC there was more reinforcements from the German side, did they cause any problems?

Not really, some Germans did cross the second bridge to try & reinforce the defenders but didn't really do much.

Saying that, the known presence of German vehicles and reinforcements did cause me to end the battle as soon as I had contested the second objective.

I had no desire to carry on & clear out what I assumed was a hornets nest.

• 1 month later...

Since I am downloading the updated mod (February 2023) right now, I want to ask the following:

There are campaigns like Dragonwynns "Cross of Iron" or "The Last Panzer" which have a lot of campaign-related mods attached to them, e.g. from PanzerMike. Are they already included and tagged into your All-in-One or do I still have to drop the attached mods into an extra "z"-folder whenever I want to play them?

Also, how do the winter mods work now that we have an "official" winter implementation with Fire and Rubble? Are they conflicting in such a campaign like "The Last Panzer" or are they consolidated?

I hope I make sense, my head is not fit for English today.

15 hours ago, Sunbather said:

Since I am downloading the updated mod (February 2023) right now, I want to ask the following:

There are campaigns like Dragonwynns "Cross of Iron" or "The Last Panzer" which have a lot of campaign-related mods attached to them, e.g. from PanzerMike. Are they already included and tagged into your All-in-One or do I still have to drop the attached mods into an extra "z"-folder whenever I want to play them?

Also, how do the winter mods work now that we have an "official" winter implementation with Fire and Rubble? Are they conflicting in such a campaign like "The Last Panzer" or are they consolidated?

I hope I make sense, my head is not fit for English today.

I keep meaning to post about the update so thanks for giving me the opportunity.

One of the focus points of this update was indeed to try & get the old campaign mods to stop clashing with F&R.

Users of the old mods would see the new German (often M44) uniforms popping up in unexpected locations or have autumn terrain/foilage overiding their snow terrain* or, in the case of @umlaut's building mod, leave scores of pitch black trucks littered all across BFC's Berlin maps!

The task was complicated by the numerous tags scenario & content creators decided to use over the years. For example, there were, at least, five different tags for Stalingrad battles (stalin, stal, stal+, umlauts_building & 24pd)... plus many more if you start counting up the uniform & snow tags also used in Stalingrad scenarios & campaigns.

Scenarios can be retagged easily enough but campaigns are another matter.

So all of these mods had to be sorted, pruned & reworked.

This task has now, for the most part, been done.

I'm sure there's errors here & there, perhaps some German voices bleeding into the Finnish scenarios, things like that. Often I had to leave things out just as a space saving measure (normal bitmaps were pruned especially heavily) but, overall, the mods should now work & stop clashing.

However, you mentioned "The Last Panzer" mods & I immediately grew confused.

Did you mean "The Last Bridge", I thought? I had spent quite a bit of time on the mods for that campaign.

Nope, I've just done a search & sure enough "The Last Panzer" is a campaign chock full of mods. I have absolutely no memory of ever reading that campaigns thread!

I'm not even sure how I have the .cam file!

It looks like a very complex campaign &, IIRC, @dragonwynn has lost all of his old campaign & core files.

As such, I'm pretty sure the mods for that particular campaign will NOT work as intended nowadays and this updated 'All in One' will likely NOT help with that campaign.

An oversight that I'm sure will be corrected one day but I'm not in any rush to return to the Eastern Front right now, as I've already spent much of my 2021 & 2022 hobby time on CMRT & CMBS.

*The reason for this is that September was originally a Summer month (untagged) in the base game but, since F&R, is now considered an Autumn month.

Edited by 37mm

On 3/6/2023 at 7:08 AM, 37mm said:

I keep meaning to post about the update so thanks for giving me the opportunity.

Thank you very much for the detailed answer!

Scenarios can be retagged easily enough but campaigns are another matter.

So all of these mods had to be sorted, pruned & reworked.

This task has now, for the most part, been done.

Thank you so much for your work. Of course, all the contributing modders are greatly appreciated as well, and I try to keep up or read up on who published what, just out of courtesy. However, for me one of the biggest tasks with mods is to bring them all together, try them out, detect potential conflicts, and especially figure out which mods I like and which not. That is, of course, the work of a curator. And with other games, e.g. Arma 3, I've spent so much time curating mods for myself that in the end, I didn't even want to play the game anymore. So it is simply great that you do this work for us.

That being said, I do know that you are not "just" a curator but you also mod yourself and make big efforts to get people together to accomplish such madness like the "Heaven & Earth" mod.

So all in all, thank you, thank you, thank you!

*The reason for this is that September was originally a Summer month (untagged) in the base game but, since F&R, is now considered an Autumn month.

Things like that would drive me absolutely mad. I would spent weeks to find the conflicting files. One more reason to be grateful you've sorted it out!

An oversight that I'm sure will be corrected one day but I'm not in any rush to return to the Eastern Front right now, as I've already spent much of my 2021 & 2022 hobby time on CMRT & CMBS.

You've really earned some time off! Rest assured, I had so far zero problems with your All in One packs, even the ones that are or were considered "initial" AiOs.

So it is high time, I install your updated mod pack for Red Thunder and finally start digging into the Budapest campaign since despite inital hopes for Spring it is freezing and snowy outside. Perfect time for some Operation Konrad action!

Edited by Sunbather

Nope, I've just done a search & sure enough "The Last Panzer" is a campaign chock full of mods. I have absolutely no memory of ever reading that campaigns thread!

I'm not even sure how I have the .cam file!

It looks like a very complex campaign &, IIRC, @dragonwynn has lost all of his old campaign & core files.

Ok, now I know that when I want to play that campaign, I have to swap in the mod files that Dragonwynn provided.

I do have the complete mod files btw, so if you or anyone else or @dragonwynn himself wants them, I could upload them sowhere. They are a whopping 3 gigs, however, if I remember correctly.

• 2 months later...

Amazing work, thank you!

Is the link in the original post always the latest version, or does one have to search through this thread to find it?

Again, many thanks for doing this - mods for CM can be a bit of a minefield, so an all-in-one is a godsend...

9 hours ago, Russkly said:

Is the link in the original post always the latest version, or does one have to search through this thread to find it?

Nowadays, the links should never change (but I do mess up occasionally)

Either way, the VERY FIRST link in the OP is a link to all the compilations & will never change.

Also subscribers to my channel will have a pretty good idea of what I'm currently working on & (roughly) when it'll be ready for release.

15 minutes ago, 37mm said:

Nowadays, the links should never change (but I do mess up occasionally)

Either way, the VERY FIRST link in the OP is a link to all the compilations & will never change.

Also subscribers to my channel will have a pretty good idea of what I'm currently working on & (roughly) when it'll be ready for release.

What channel's that then?

4 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

Can someone help with making my tracers look right?  They are multi-colored rainbows right now. 

I've not changed the effects & certainly not the tracers I use* for many years now so there shouldnt be any issues.

Have you an untagged night effects option active somewhere perhaps? I find they can be occasionally quite colourful.

*@Vein's v4 tracers during they day & @Ithikial_AU's versions at [night]

19 hours ago, 37mm said:

I've not changed the effects & certainly not the tracers I use* for many years now so there shouldnt be any issues.

Have you an untagged night effects option active somewhere perhaps? I find they can be occasionally quite colourful.

*@Vein's v4 tracers during they day & @Ithikial_AU's versions at [night]

It actually was for CMSF2 and it was a night battle!  I haven't played modern in awhile and I think jumping over to all that automatic fire and it being night just completely overwhelmed my old eyes, haha!

I remember tweaking and lengthening the tracers quite a few years ago now. I use them across all my CM2 titles. Trying to avoid the default laser beam look while some of the other mods made them far to small to be useful to inform the player of what is going on. Realism is fine and all but this is a game and I want to know what's going on and who is shooting who. :)

The addition of a hard coded "night" modtag meant you can swap out any texture you want to show up at night and it will show up in all appropriate scenarios without any messing around in the editor. Also have different faces in my install with NATO forces running around with black face paint / balaclavas etc. Just a cosmetic touch. Back to tracers. I tweaked the tracer to be a bit brighter and longer as you'd expect them to pop out a bit more in darkness compared to daylight.

If you don't like it, no hard feelings, just delete the tracer folder from your mod folder. Or just the ones with "[night]" in the file name. :) 

• 1 month later...

I recently played the AiO version of @kevinkin's "A Lot too Late"...

On 6/18/2023 at 10:09 PM, Maddin said:

So with the new patch 2.13 containing this fix

i think i can delete the folder "Pz IIIg fixed turret" from this AIO package, right?

Yeah should be fine to delete, harmless either way I'd imagine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Nice work. 

I need some advice.
How do I preserve the original sounds in the game ? I'm not talking about the music. I don't want only all the sounds from the mod or the dubbing from Red Orchestra.

Just how to turn off these sounds and bring back the original ones.👌

Edited by AdamPraha