Initial 'All in One' modpack

37mm

19 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Be aware that the mod packs, while a great start for those who have jot yet collected many mods, they do not have many mods that I would say are essential for a better looking game. 

I went thru the CMFI "all in one modpack" and noticed that there are no vehicles.  However, between Aris and Umlaut and a few others, there are at least 74 vehicles available.  There also exist a large number of CMFI uniforms, sounds, UI and FX mods.  But, one would have to get those from CMMODS.

One thing that surprised me is how few Terrain mods (buildings, trees etc) there seem to be for CMFI compared to the other titles.  In case some other software like JSGME deleted em, I checked all my BU HD's and could find hardly anything.

AFAIK loading up on mods increases game start time considerably. It's already a drag with an audio mod

16 hours ago, 37mm said:

Funnily enough, that's the scenario I've been playing on & off these past few days... it definately has Soviets in it coz I am them!

It's a @Fredrock1957 scenario & features his "Major Nosov" character... presumably it was meant to be a teaser scenario for (or actually part of) his planned Nosov campaign.

However the campaign wasn't finished & Fred is no longer active.

Must have been an odd corruption in the download as the original .btt has nothing on the Soviet side.

But I grabbed the modpack again and this one has both sides. Going to discard everything from the original d/l.

4 hours ago, Artkin said:

AFAIK loading up on mods increases game start time considerably. It's already a drag with an audio mod

Yes, the more mods, the slower the loading and saving of games.  But, for newbies, I was just pointing out that there are hundreds, probably thousands of other visually game-changing mods available if they choose to seek them out.  

On 9/20/2021 at 3:51 AM, Ithikial_AU said:

Very nice. Yeah I did one of these many moons ago for CMBN before the MG module was released. Was sick of people asking me for a link to all my mods when I was youtubing. :PWonder if @Bootie would be interested in hosting as a separate section in CMMODSIV. Would help out the newbies as a starting point.

Yeah I could do this.  :)

Amazing pack, I decided to totally delete my old messy mod folder and replace it with yours I liked it so much, with some minor personal tweaks. "russian chatter 39.wav" through "russian chatter 49.wav" and "russian move quick 21.wav" through "russian move quick 50.wav" in "Subdued Red Army voices" seem to be bugged though, with the speed of the files being way higher than they should be making the soldiers sound like they've inhaled helium. There might be more, I haven't gone through all of them but those are the ones I noticed.

Edited by Codreanu

8 hours ago, Codreanu said:

And now I see that there is a quick fix for that in your Mediafire folder, but at least now I know how to edit sound files in Audacity 😅

Yeah I found the issue reasonably quickly* & re-uploaded the fixed modpack shortly after.

Only the first twenty downloaders will have the problematic Russian voices &, as thirteeen people have downloaded the quick fix, I'm hoping only seven more people are still currently effected.

*Irritatingly I would have found it pre-release had I not first mistaken the issue with something else entirely... I'm still not sure how those .wavs got so corrupted. Either way, thankfully, I began a russian Infantry battle shortly after my first upload.

8 hours ago, 37mm said:

Yeah I found the issue reasonably quickly* & re-uploaded the fixed modpack shortly after.

Only the first twenty downloaders will have the problematic Russian voices &, as thirteeen people have downloaded the quick fix, I'm hoping only seven more people are still currently effected.

*Irritatingly I would have found it pre-release had I not first mistaken the issue with something else entirely... I'm still not sure how those .wavs got so corrupted. Either way, thankfully, I began a russian Infantry battle shortly after my first upload.

So does this mean that if we downloaded the all in one pack when the patch was already available then we don't need the patch, I downloaded both at the same time, so can I discard the patch. ta

12 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

So does this mean that if we downloaded the all in one pack when the patch was already available then we don't need the patch

No you'll be fine without... the fixed modpack already has the patch integrated.

Agreed....

Whoever did the FX for this mod, BFC should consider hiring. Pause and look at the gunshots, they are actually extremely detailed. And the explosions are the most realistic looking explosions I've ever seen in a game. The flashes as violent and rapid as they should be.

The few friends that I distributed the mods to found it fantastic as well. Good pack, we appreciate it

7 hours ago, Codreanu said:

@Artkin @37mm Corrupted barn wall is from Tanks a Lot's CMRT Big Barn 1. Here's the uncorrupted version if you haven't grabbed it yet https://drive.google.com/file/d/19wwWHoLBQh2E8LQ_rqA7MnIAzvJKaOt-/view

You're right!

Big barn 1 "building200-right (00).bmp" is corrupted... although, if you wriggle the camera around a bit, the original .bmp sometimes loads up instead (might explain why I've never noticed it).

Added that to my fixed list.

Edited by 37mm

• 2 months later...

Now I have DL'ed the files in order to try out the mods.

It seems however that there are a lot of different files in the .zip file. Scenarios and stuff. The most are placed in the ( for FI ) zzzCMFI folder.

So...  and sorry for this newbie question:

which files to put where ? - I guess I have to make a folder named Z, same place as folders Scenarios, mastermaps etc are placed (?)

but I am at a loss which files from the download to put in the Z-folder.

Best regards

Morten

3 hours ago, 6plus1SMC said:

Now I have DL'ed the files in order to try out the mods.

It seems however that there are a lot of different files in the .zip file. Scenarios and stuff. The most are placed in the ( for FI ) zzzCMFI folder.

So...  and sorry for this newbie question:

which files to put where ? - I guess I have to make a folder named Z, same place as folders Scenarios, mastermaps etc are placed (?)

but I am at a loss which files from the download to put in the Z-folder.

Best regards

Morten

All mod files need to either be in the  \mods folder under

X:\user\documents\battlefront\combat mission\X\user data\mods\

(Although IIRC the above doesn't work for the steam versions, so the below is probably preferable)

OR

in the \Z folder in:

X:\Program Files\Battlefront\combat mission X\data\Z\

With regards to which files to move from the download: usually ALL files. But sometimes there are options, in which case you either need to choose between them or rename some of them.
IIRC with the modpacks by 37mm you can move all files from the download into the Z or mods folder.