List of all the latest versions?

4 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Am checking that I have the latest versions of all the CM2 games.  I couldn't find a list of all the latest version numbers for each game.  Anyone have that, or know where it's listed?  Thanks...

Ditto. We probably need a thread dedicated to that and pinned.

18 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Can't understand why that's not listed on the BF site in clear English like the "PATCHES" are.

I think and it is also my personal experience. If you first uninstall the game on your computer and still have your license key you can download the game again from their website. The game available for download is the latest version. Uninstall with their uninstall app don't use the Microsoft uninstall feature. 

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Also, I do a full reinstall of the latest full "All in One" versions so rarely that I can never remember where to find those files.  Can't understand why that's not listed on the BF site in clear English like the "PATCHES" are.

Plz remind me where to locate...

I have spoken up about the lack of links to the All-in-One installers several times.  If the "My Orders" page actually listed the name of the product ordered, a player could sort it themselves.  Just another little thing to frustrate players trying to reinstall.

btw, just to answer your question, unless someone posts the links to all the installers, the only way is to go through all your previous orders by clicking on them until you find the installer.  But you have know a little about versions and game engines to make sure you get the full one and not an old one.

Go to www.Battlefront.com and log in. From here go to the My Account section and then to My Orders. I am going to assume you will have bought the Engine 4 Big Bundle Upgrade, find it in your orders, click on the download link and here you will find the Full installers for CMBS, CMRT, CMFI, CMFB and CMBN. You will then need to find your order for CMSF2 and CMCW and those download links will also bring you to a full installer page. Each of these full installers will give the most current version of each game.

23 hours ago, Erwin said:

Yeah, but we need all that info in one easy to find location.  Have now done that.  Hope it's made into a sticky.  (We do not all use Steam.)

But you haven't. A new player coming from Steam would be needlessly confused and likely to try patching from your list. I don't use Steam myself but don't wish to add more issues for the help desk to address.

Wouldn't it make more sense to 'pin' a more comprehensive list rather than risk corrupting someone's install?

Existing forums already have relevant patches pinned and the installers are already present. I'm not seeing the value-add other than post count bloat...

Hi@Howler

Folks on Steam will have their games updated automatically.  That's one of the good things about Steam.  You can also revert to earlier versions if you need to. So I say this to just clarify that this topic would only be useful to folks who don't use Steam.

Personally I would love a single thread updated by the moderators that I could refer to.  I keep a copy of all my installers on a flash drive so I would like a thread I could follow that is an easy reference and would email me with the release of an update since I'm following that thread. That sounds reasonable to me.

On 9/11/2021 at 7:29 AM, Heirloom_Tomato said:

Go to www.Battlefront.com and log in. From here go to the My Account section and then to My Orders. I am going to assume you will have bought the Engine 4 Big Bundle Upgrade, find it in your orders, click on the download link and here you will find the Full installers for CMBS, CMRT, CMFI, CMFB and CMBN. You will then need to find your order for CMSF2 and CMCW and those download links will also bring you to a full installer page. Each of these full installers will give the most current version of each game.

That is how I currently check for updates @Heirloom_Tomato. It does take a bit of work though. I'm often very good at finding the hardest way to do things.

BTW, I still have our epic battle saved 😄. I think I was on the verge of making a comeback after your comeback, that was after my comeback. 🤣

All I am doing is providing a useful reference for those who want to reinstall, or ensure they have the latest versions. 

In addition it points to where to locate the files for d/l.  It's something that one does so rarely, that I had a hard time remembering all this stuff and BF site is remarkably unhelpful/uninformative/non-intuitive.  So, am making my own self-help notes available to others to ease their frustration.   

I like buying direct from BF as they get 100% of the money.  It's not hard to update from the BF site - once one knows where to look.

Why support a middleman like STEAM? 

I haven't bothered yet, but I probably will at some point.

Does a Steam install share the folder in Documents with a Battlefront install of the same game, or does it create a sub-directory with a fresh folder? 

If it's the latter I'll be installing all the games via Steam sooner rather than later.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Does a Steam install share the folder in Documents with a Battlefront install of the same game, or does it create a sub-directory with a fresh folder?

I tried it once. The steam CMSF2 has the 'Game Files' folders as a subfolder of the Game folder, where the executable is. Same goes for the Slitherine version of CMBS. They do not use the My Documents folder like the Battlefront versions.

EDIT: As for Erwin's initial question. This page seems like a good reference for all the latest version numbers:

https://www.battlefront.com/patches

Edited by Kevin2k

44 minutes ago, Kevin2k said:

I tried it once. The steam CMSF2 has the 'Game Files' folders as a subfolder of the Game folder, where the executable is. Same goes for the Slitherine version of CMBS. They do not use the My Documents folder like the Battlefront versions.

EDIT: As for Erwin's initial question. This page seems like a good reference for all the latest version numbers:

https://www.battlefront.com/patches

Very interresting to know !

the restriction from "my documents" is for me always a loosing time and this for all that I want to install on PC, and personly I find this, sometimes not really usefull, and annoying,  only usefull for certains programs with code or personly infos, and when you have to reinstall OMG...but... is only me !

JM

48 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

the restriction from "my documents" is for me always a loosing time and this for all that I want to install on PC, and personly I find this, sometimes not really usefull, and annoying,  only usefull for certains programs with code or personly infos, and when you have to reinstall OMG...but... is only me !

Not only you, I am with you there. I remember it was a Microsoft recommendation for developers to use the 'My Documents' for such, introduced at the time of Windows Vista.