A Simple Normandy Map Splash Screen

jamxo

Hello folks,

I was messing around in an image program earlier whilst editing some screenshots and decided to have a very quick go at a minimalistic splash/menu screen using a map of the Normandy invasions. Thought I'd share on the off chance anyone likes the look of it. There are two options:

A]

TXnDwPz.png

B]

QNQIGpL.png?1

And a dropbox link to download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/thquh9eho9moww8/AACz2okbQ1BxvHbfyBEPB1KCa?dl=0

Edited by jamxo

Cheers all, glad you like it.

One 3rd and final version added to the dropbox folder above, which is the green text version but with the map resized so you get the full image with borders, as well as the square rather than rounded menu box which I think I prefer. 

fVjRVPY.png

1 hour ago, rocketman said:

Looks great. I had an idea a while back to do one for Final Blitzkrieg but never got around to it. This reminds me to perhaps make one.

Added a version for CMFB, and will try to add the rest for the other games over the next week or two. Its really quick to make because I have all the templates set up...

tvsbqWL.png

Think it will look nice as a series across all the games:

L5CH6Ms.png

All in the dropbox folder here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/thquh9eho9moww8/AACz2okbQ1BxvHbfyBEPB1KCa?dl=0

Edited by jamxo

1 hour ago, rocketman said:

Looks real good. One minor thing though - make sure that the "Combat Mission" header and the game sub header are centered over the box. At least I think it looks better. I like the muted colors and the historical vibe with the maps.

Thanks for the spot, I eyeballed it whilst doing earlier but I think I got a bit carried away adjusting the text slightly over the map markings resulting in them being a bit off centre which I agree isn't great!

I have redone the CMBN and CMFB ones and centred the text as much as possible. Have also added CMFI and CMRT (the menu in these games seems to be lower placed so they have slightly different layouts.) Will do the modern titles another weekend B)

As above grab them all on on Dropbox here > https://www.dropbox.com/sh/thquh9eho9moww8/AACz2okbQ1BxvHbfyBEPB1KCa?dl=0

upFt7sd.jpg

Out of curiosity where is best to post the completed set? In the General CM Mod tips sub forum, or on the Mod Warehouse website? I also notice I can't edit my original post in this thread to change the preview images - is that something a Moderator can do for me or are the original posts locked forever after a certain time? (long long time lurker but only recent poster so apologies for being unsure how best things work here!)

Thanks all, enjoy your wargaming. 

Edited by jamxo

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 12:44 PM, jamxo said:

Added a version for CMFB, and will try to add the rest for the other games over the next week or two. Its really quick to make because I have all the templates set up...

tvsbqWL.png

Think it will look nice as a series across all the games:

L5CH6Ms.png

All in the dropbox folder here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/thquh9eho9moww8/AACz2okbQ1BxvHbfyBEPB1KCa?dl=0

It deviates a little from your plan to have one screen for each game, but I can imagine that a map of Market Garden would look good.

Or perhaps even split screens with 4 maps for each game.

There are many options for your concept.