Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMRT Romanian Mod

You find them on the scenario depot III. As I don't have Red Thunder I made them for Final Blitzkrieg. So you will be fighting US troops instead of Soviet ones although the US battalions and regiments have the Soviet numbers.

The scenarios are The Blue Hills, Auvere and Permisküla 1944.

The Blue Hills scenario is H2H only at the moment. If we get more AI-groups I'll make that one into a single player scenario.

They are not completely historical as I would have had to use both more troops and more US-artillery than is possible if I want to have them a bit more balanced.

When I get Red Thunder I will probably make them again so there are the Soviet troops, IS-tanks, T-34 tanks and SU-vehicles as there should be.

I'm making two other scenarios about fighting in Estonia at the moment but need to find some more info about the different armoured vehicles used by both sides before I can continue.

Edited by BornGinger

STATUS UPDATE FROM MY PREVIOUS LIST

Brainstorming Tasks:

Can someone please get us the Romanian voice files from CMBB? COMPLETED BY kohlenklau

Can someone please get the Romanian soldiers names file from CMBB? COMPLETED BY kohlenklau

I think we should/can get the French Adrian helmet from CMFI R2V. 

Maybe JM can blender mod us an M39 helmet? COMPLETED BY 3j2m7 (JM)

Uniform recolorings and tweakings IN PROGRESS BASED ON 42/43 TIMEFRAME

WWII Mess Kit Romania Kingdom ww2 Romanian Army | #523220606

Weapons swaps

Vehicle mods

Intro music?

Splash screens?

UI Mods  IN PROGRESS

CMBB Voice Wav Files Key:

30000 = Germans

40000 = Finns

50000 = Hungarians

60000 = Italians

70000 = Romanians

80000 = Soviets (Russian voices)

90000 = Polish

Any sound file experts out there? I have some "home made" voice files somebody made. Can they be edited in a sound program to reduce that huffy puffy sound? PM me if you want a job to assist the team effort or to guide/teach me to complete the task. Thanks.

Calling all armor modders!

The below is courtesy of https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/romanian-tanks-ww2.php

unknown-10.png

A Romanian Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf. G “Panzer 4” tank. Romania recieved 12 of these tanks, and called them T 4.

Romania in WWII

The 1st Romanian Armored Division, composed of two regiments, did not participate in Operation Barbarossa at first. However, these forces destroyed or captured entire Soviet divisions, making provisions of dozens of tanks and artillery pieces in the process. The front remained relatively static in June-July 1941, but was followed by Operation München (retaking Bessarabia and Northern Bucovina) in 1941, the Ukrainian campaign, and the thrust into Crimea with the 3rd Army.

From July to October, the 4th Army undertook the siege and battle of Odessa, one of the costliest and bloodiest affairs of the whole campaign. The Crimean campaign itself would last until July 1942. The 6th Corps (Corneliu Dragalina) soldiered from Kharkov to Stalingrad. Meanwhile, the 3rd Army (subordinated to the German 17th Army) fought in the Caucasus, reaching as far as Grozny in October-November 1942. However, with the rout of the forces near Stalingrad, communication lines were threatened and a general retreat was ordered. While the 2nd Mountain Division joined Rostov, the 17th Army was assigned to the Taman peninsula. The campaign stretched from February until September 1943 in the Kuban. The remaining forces were trapped in Crimea until February 1944 (operation “Festung”) and made a last stand until May 1944, but most troops were successfully evacuated with the help of the Romanian Navy (“Operation 60,000”), including 36.557 Romanians (4,262 wounded) and 58,486 Germans (12,027 wounded).

In the summer of 1942, the bulk of the Romanian armored forces were posted on the Don’s bend, covering the flanks of Paulus’ 6th army engaged in and around Stalingrad, along with other allies, Hungarians and Italians. At that time, however, the Romanian armored units had already suffered many losses (most occurred during the siege of Odessa), and the tanks in service then were no match for the T-34. The 1st Armored Division also operated in the Kuban, Crimea, Bessarabia and Caucasus.

Losses were compensated by German deliveries of 26 Pz.Kpfw.35(t) in 1942, 50 Pz.Kpfw.38(t), 11 Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.N and 142 Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G after 1942 and 118 StuG IIIs in 1944. Alongside these, Ateliere Leonida delivered 34 TACAM T-60 and 12 TACAM R-2 tank hunters, while the very promising Mareşal tank hunter was developed.

Production was cut short in August 1944, but it was to inspire the Czech-based German Hetzer in 1944, one of the best and more prolific tank hunters of the Axis. Romania also operated many captured Russian tanks, like the T-60 and a few T-34s, and operated armored cars as diverse as Skoda vz.25vz.27, Tatra vz. 29, Autoblinda 41BA-10 and BA-64.

Called “AB”, ten Sd.Kfz.222 (1942) and some Sd.Kfz.223s were also delivered by Germany. However, the most current vehicle used by the Romanian Army on the Eastern front was the German “Famo” halftrack, of which 2322 were delivered from 1939 to 1944.

After the near-annihilation of the 1st Armored Division in early 1943 and its retreat to Romania, the army was reorganized with the help of the German Army, with new tanks and the promising Mareşal, then scheduled for production in the summer of 1944. However, by March-April 1944 the Red Army resumed its offensive and Odessa fell, while the offensive crosses the Dniester. The rearguard (German and Romanian forces) retreated into Romania and took defensive lines between Răscăeți and Palanca, north of the XXIst division. The next offensive would prove critical, as Romania was invaded, the defenses crumbled, and in August an insurrection overthrew Marshal Antonescu and the fascist regime. A new provisional regime sympathetic to the USSR as established and, until the end of the war, Romanian Forces fought under control of the Red Army against German Armies to claim back its territory. After the war, Romania entered the Soviet sphere of influence and later joined the Warsaw pact.

On 3/4/2021 at 11:40 AM, BornGinger said:

As the scenarios I have made and uploaded, are battles which occured in Estonia, and as such on the Eastern Front, I should maybe convert them to be played in Red Thunder later on when I have bought that game.

Apologies Koh.  (I was responding to BornGinger.)

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Apologies Koh.  (I was responding to BornGinger.)

All is cool! 😇 I understand and appreciate the excitement to discuss any fascinating aspect of the game. I just suggested it is better to create a new thread because it could be mutual to many others and deserve better focus. 

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

I was responding to BornGinger

I checked the first page of this thread.

And yes. It wasn't me replying to @Erwin but him replying to what I had written as a reply to @Dan Dare, who in his turn replied to me and what I had written as a reply to @kohlenklau

So in the end it's Kohlenklau who is the guilty one to why this thread went off topic.

Edited by BornGinger

As the O.P. of this thread, I have granted myself a pardon for derailing the thread and the aforesaid execution is rescinded.

I think that a new thread is in order and will await anyone willing to make one and call it maybe the "CMRT Estonia Mod"...

This could reference the future availability of a CMRT F&R Estonian campaign by @BornGinger, with future loosely defined.

It could possibly be enhanced by some mods that would be discussed in the thread.  Not this thread! See you over THERE! 😄

Edited by kohlenklau

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone would like to playtest the CMRT Romanian Mod a bit, please PM me. I need a few guys to be eyes for us to help us make a good product. I will have a tiny scenario ready in about a week to show the playtesters some of what we have done. We = kohlenklau, @3j2m7 and @Juju with @Probus coming aboard just yesterday.

There is still work to do and iron out how stuff looks of course but a lot has been done.

bpzbHfR.png