CMRT Romanian Mod

@Double Deuce

I just tested it. Unfortunately NO. It needs some tweaks based on F&R now being in the mix. I read that F&R added some uniform slots for M44 pattern tunics so we need to go back and copy and paste some more modded files to account for that. Maybe even rename another set of mdr's. But I will also try a workaround in the settings in the scenario editor. Standby.

1 hour ago, umlaut said:

Oh, and the R35 (though it is actually from CMBN and luckily not my headache how to get in CMRT😉)

R35.jpg?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lspzik65iiz7rq1/R35.zip?dl=1

Umlaut, maybe you should grab this one from CMFI since it has the proper cupola.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k0ebijt171pjcu8/r-35.rar/file

Edited by Frenchy56

1 hour ago, umlaut said:

Here are the the first vehicles. Pz IV, StuG IIIG, PSW 222 and 223

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkcapvfyl3zm5hy/Romania.zip?dl=1

Did you want others @kohlenklau?

And by the way, did you notice this little beaut amongst all the F&R goodies?

pzIIIG.jpg?dl=1

That IIIG brings a tear to my eye from remembering the glory days of CMAK.

I wish there were L/42 and L/60 versions of the IIIJ, but the G and M late give a lot of possibiities.

@kohlenklau
I couldnt resist trying to get the R35 into Red Thunder - and here it is, fighting a couple of BA64. 😁

In the menu in the last seconds you can see that it is actually a disguised psw 222. I´ve tried a lot of other vehicles, but this one is the only vehicle I found with a comparable strength - where the crew isnt too much out of the place. At least when it isn´t open:

Combat%20Mission%20Red%20Thunder%20Scree

@umlaut

That is cool! Hey, again, my sincere thanks for your kindness in making the armor mods for CMRT Romania Mod. Maybe I can try to pay you back in "CM Currency" by writing a scenario and we play a PBEM and duke it out? 

R-35 as 222: 

Yes, I understand the issue. If you have an apple, you can bring in something that is like that apple...and maybe the substitution/disguise "works" within tolerances.

I happened to use the Lynx II for my mod last month. The R35 was actually respected at Odessa by the Romanians for somewhat better armor than most vehicles...

IF only BFC would give us a variety of these early war apples in each title, then we can slide in other apples and have fun.

Apple 1: a relatively slow, lightly armored, low rate of fire, small caliber gun.

Apple 2: something somewhat better armored, maybe gun is not much better.

The R-35 IS in the game in CMFI (and CMBN) so it stands as the apple so we can bring other stuff into those games and "pretend" to be early war Soviet tanks.

Thanks.
But did I misunderstand the use of the R35 - is it supposed to be a soviet tank? I thought it was meant to be romanian.

I also started out with the Lynx myself - but the crew positions (when open) were...
...interesting :😂

44 minutes ago, umlaut said:

Thanks.
But did I misunderstand the use of the R35 - is it supposed to be a soviet tank? I thought it was meant to be romanian.

I also started out with the Lynx myself - but the crew positions (when open) were...
...interesting :😂

I am accidentally confusing you. Yes, Romanian!. An R-35 as used by the axis Romanians.

I guess I was going on "in general" that you can swap and replace things around if the "host" is somewhat similar to the "incoming replacement"...and thyen I confused you when I rattled on that if we had on the allied side, something weak, undergunned and slow, we can mod in early war stuff. 

I have a fix for that animation issue with the R-35 commander and here it is...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/89fb60v4u9qmwve/unarmed-standing-in-hatch [romania].ani?dl=0

On 5/1/2021 at 4:44 AM, umlaut said:

Wunderbar! Is that your own magic?

I had also used an R-35 mdr swap for the Stuart tank mdr for a Tobruk mod. I somehow discovered back then in 2015 or so or learned how to swap the animation for how the tank commander sits.

14 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I had also used an R-35 mdr swap for the Stuart tank mdr for a Tobruk mod. I somehow discovered back then in 2015 or so or learned how to swap the animation for how the tank commander sits.

Great discovery. Perhaps I´d like to learn sometime (though not right now).

Here´s the new R35 - ready for Red Thunder
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/upfw533fiv4ur2j/AADW5Jnn0hEoaHv8VpZdR77Ya?dl=1

• 1 year later...

I just made greatcoats for the Romanian soldiers using a bunch of different greatcoats. GiMP layers and alpha layers and masking. Romanians don't seem to have y-straps in the winter. They have plain collars. double-breasted buttons. Similar brown to Hungarians. Then I gotta do the nco's and the officer sets (junior, mid and senior). 

2 great youtube videos on the action of 19-20 November 1942. Operation Uranus and the Romanians...