Ass Kicker of the Month!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Splinty;

Sorry it's moving along so slowly dude.

I'm usually good for at least 2 turns a day.

Looks like I will be able to pick it up a little after the 28th.

------------------

The counter-revolution,

people smilling through their tears.

Who can give them back their lives, and all those wasted years.

Me and kollos are currently in the midst of a knockout, ricohet, Brewup, armor battle. Not to mention bogging every couple of turns. smile.gif Not postive, but IIRC we are at turn 9. Also no clear winner here.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Asskickers,

I am pleased to announce that TBlaster has triumphed over the valiant U8led. TBlaster now moves to the Second Round.

I am updating the First Round Bracket, please see below for details.

Also peeps, keep those PBEM's moving along and please, if you can, post on what turn your battles are on so that I can get an idea where we are at.

First Round Bracket: Terrible 24

TBlaster

vs.-----------------TBlaster

U8led

1)

Kunzler

vs.-----------------Winner

Juardis

==============================

Def Bungis

Splinty

2)

Jeff Heidman

Teutonic

GuzzleBock

SuperSlug

3)

Stoffel

Capt. Ayers

=============================

Jack Hughes

rwwald

4)

Kollos

Joeski

Texastoast

vs.-----------------Texastoast

Clement

5)

Bigmac

Kain

=============================

Speedy

Snoop

6)

markk

Chairman7w

That is all.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

[This message has been edited by Iron Duke (edited 11-28-2000).]

**********UPDATE***********

It's turn 8 and the evil englander, Snoopy, has knocked out my MarderIII, elsewhere on the map his infantry have begun attempts to dislodge me from buildings around the VL.

This game could still go either way, although I believe ( wish ) I have the upper hand.

------------------

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

I have nothing else to say. Ya, quote that you rat bastards.

-Meeks

Juardis vs. Kunzler. Turn 6 of 20. Kunzler seems to have the upper hand at the moment since he has the one VL. However, it seems he forgot to purchase armor, so I have that going for me smile.gif. Otherwise, it's too close to call (boy am I tired of hearing that saying).

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Quick update on the fight between Def Bungis and myself, after a bloody first contact between our forces, it looked like my boys were in some trouble. The shock of night contact at close range caused a couple of my squads to panic,but their officers have got them back under control and I am now manuvering for advantage and have a few suprises in store for the Allies.

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

[This message has been edited by Splinty (edited 11-29-2000).]

Ya, it looks like Splinty has stabalized a bit.

I had some panic attacks too, but it's always nice to have those Elite platoons hold their ground when others haul ass.

Cmon Splinty, bring those panthers back into bazooka range.

They all ran off like some little girl driving a scout car!

------------------

The counter-revolution,

They didn't run they moved back to better positions like intellegent tankers (intellegent tankers? I don't beleive I just said that!)do when they need better firing points. Where are your tanks BTW? tongue.gif

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

Update......

It looks like we will have to finish round one under the old CM version.

Splinty is still probing around the objective that I seem to hold firmly.

But his artillery is just starting to fall in my sector so lets see what happens.

------------------

The counter-revolution,

Well it looks like I made it to the 2nd round. Kollos sent his surrender last night. It was a good armor battle. I lost one Panther A right from the start it got bogged then immobolized. I had another panther A, 2 Hetzers, and a couple of Puma's. I had the high ground and picked off his Sherm's, jacksons, and HT's. It could have went either way. Also it would have been much different if Kollos had better terrain to work with. But War is a bitch. smile.gif

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

DEF- Snoopy and I have manage to upgrade our game to the 1.1 Beta. Process used was to load up the file in 1.05 then when in an orders phase save the game using Alt-S. Now boot up the 1.1 version go to play scenario, select the game you saved and choose e-mail.

Hope it works for you.

------------------

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

I have nothing else to say. Ya, quote that you rat bastards.

-Meeks

Hey there,

Kollos hangs head in disgrace.

Battle hinged on 2 factors. ( WIDE open terrain. 2) wet ground. Could not even help as all the american mobility advantage gets bogged down.

Battle went like this. Original group moves out. 2 shermans m4's 2 chaffes, 1 M10 TD, and 2 greyhounds, with 2 platoons of riflemen and 1 of engineers monuted on Ht. Also in suppot a 105 howitzer.

The tracks and inf move out. 1 track boggs on turn 2. 1 sherman and the TD bog on turn 3. The other sherman and 1 chafee bog turn 5. Hoitzer lays smoke for 2 rounds before spotting a panther (FOW is great). The 3rd shot towords the howitzer kills it. Meanwhile, the bogged tanks are getting picket off 1 by 1. After of course getting gun hits on the td, 1 sherman and 1 chaffee. Of course it did not matter, as they were brewed up less than a minute later.

Bottom line, if terrain is open, and the us armor has to deal with attacking over wet ground, it is pretty much hammer time for them.

Congrats to Joeski.

Def Bungis and I have reached Turn 7 with out too many changes,he holds the VL while I'm pounding the crap out of it with arty, I managed to chase his troops out of one building while he broke up a flanking attack by some of my infantry.

On the 1.1 switch,I have it DB so if you want to try to change versions go ahead.

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

Speedy and I have just finished our game by TCP/IP.

It was the closest battle I have ever fought.

It was a dead even TIE. 45 to 45

His German Tanks gained the upper hand against my British tanks, but my British Airborne held their ground.A toast to the English Airborne !!

Speedy and I await our orders from Iron Duke.