Ass Kicker of the Month!

Sounds like you are all enjoying this...that's it great!

rwwald, I will talk to Jack about that but have a little more patience as he lives in Europe. (8hr time difference)

I have 2 maps almost done, just need the finishing touches, but be warned that I do not "go by the book" when it comes to my maps...I like to make them to be fun and to be something new...even at the expense of "realism". So if you are a stickler to..."that doesn't look like France, blah, blah" then vote NO custom maps.

I was very pleased that a lot of you have to do some hard street fighting, I know that most PBEMr's shy away from street fighting and always play the same ole thing. Well not around here! Hell, a couple of you got a map that was down right creepy...Large map, almost flat, hardly any trees, dark of Night and with a creeping fog...the first thing you hear when you open the file is the howling of the wind, and ominous shadows lurk in the distance through the fog. Is that a building or a steel monster creeping your way? hehe. Cool map. You two know who you are and know what I am talking about.

So anyway, so far everyone that has voted wants the custom maps, cool....soon there will only be twelve of you...who will it be?

Who is strong enough...brave enough...lucky enough to survive the First round of immanent Death!...which no man has ever crossed!...heheheheh! Sorry. smile.gif

------------------

One shot...One Kill

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a Wolverine with GI Joe as the gunner, it has fired two shots at my tank with both hitting, while my crack gunner can't hit the side of a barn. Maybe that crack means they're on crack!

As for voting put me down for a custom job.

------------------

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

I have nothing else to say. Ya, quote that you rat bastards.

-Meeks

Kollos vs Joeski.

Lt. Russo looks over the land in front of him, and thinks "What in Gods name did I do to deserve this".

Almost as flat as the eye can see. His orders "Take and hold the crossroads". On this beutiful May day, not a cloud in sight, and the grass damp from last nights rain, he moves forth.

A bit more detail for those that don't know what happened and so I can gloat a bit more.

It seems that on turn 3 the drugs wore off and my tank managed to score a gun hit on the Wolverine, which quickly withdrew. This was quickly followed up by my tank knocking out a second Tank Destroyer? which was located in the vicinity of the Wolverine.

Snoopy has vowed that the tank will die, I have recommended the TC for the Knights Cross.

End Communique

------------------

-Meeks

Custom maps for me please smile.gif In my fight with U8led I am taking screenshots from key turns, I will post a mini AAR on my website. I simply ask that if I should win this game, none of the other active players look at that AAR for Fog of War purposes smile.gif Fighing in Deep Mud is a very different experience wink.gif

Tom

Hmmm...

some of you are having real troubles getting this First Round even started. Please email me if you are still a "no-go" with the First Round.

rwwald...I emailed Jack and explained the situation, I am sure he will send you the right file.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

I'm proud to report the first final score of the first round: I have recently obtained a surrender from the valiant Clement. Our battlefield was a small city full of heavy buildings on top of a hill, in heavy fog and wet ground. It turns out we both had bought for an infantry/SPA battle. Luckily for me he got a gun bogged down, while all my assets made it to the town. After an armor exchange in my favor and a couple of buildings full of infantry demolished, it became clear that he could not continue.

Naturally I will be providing Clement an opportunity to avenge this defeat, outside the scope of this little tournament.

Thanks Duke for your effort in putting this together.

Myself and Splinty are off to a slow start.

Mainly because my parents have arrived in town and are visiting for thru the weekend.

At least we got the setup done.

Turns will speed up after they head home.

Have a good holiday everyone. smile.gif

------------------

The counter-revolution,

people smilling through their tears.

Who can give them back their lives, and all those wasted years.

Congradgulations TexasToast, you now reserve a spot in the Second Round and thank you Clement for participating in our tournament...see you in the Second Match!

Looks like things will slow down because of the American Holiday, but try and keep the updates coming if at all possible.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TexasToast:

I'm proud to report the first final score of the first round: I have recently obtained a surrender from the valiant Clement. Our battlefield was a small city full of heavy buildings on top of a hill, in heavy fog and wet ground. It turns out we both had bought for an infantry/SPA battle. Luckily for me he got a gun bogged down, while all my assets made it to the town. After an armor exchange in my favor and a couple of buildings full of infantry demolished, it became clear that he could not continue.

Naturally I will be providing Clement an opportunity to avenge this defeat, outside the scope of this little tournament.

Thanks Duke for your effort in putting this together.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beat me to the punch yet again. smile.gif

Kain, BigMac, watch out because you're next -- he literally blew me off the top of that hill/mountain. It was fast, powerful, and my blood ran freely and excessively. I will take pleasure in exacting revenge. smile.gif

I don't know if it's been decided but I'd like to vote NO to custom maps. A lot of the battles, it sounds, are different than the "norm" and it seems that the person to win the tournament will have encountered and defeated opponents in different and unusual situations as well as normal. He/she then would be most deserving of their victory, having overcome all thrown at him/her. It seems that people rarely choose to fight in deep mud or horrid conditions or with poor troops and now they are forced to. It takes two to tango and the best player will emerge.

Greg Clement

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I don't know if it's been decided but I'd like to vote NO to custom maps. A lot of the battles, it sounds, are different than the "norm" and it seems that the person to win the tournament will have encountered and defeated opponents in different and unusual situations as well as normal. He/she then would be most deserving of their victory, having overcome all thrown at him/her. It seems that people rarely choose to fight in deep mud or horrid conditions or with poor troops and now they are forced to. It takes two to tango and the best player will emerge.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Greg,

you took the words right out of my mouth...THAT is exactly why I really liked this first round. BECAUSE it had "dirty", small, huge, wide open, hard city fighting, heavy freakin fog, snow storms with mud!, pitch of mutha freakin Night maps! I loved it!

You are right, these types of maps force the combatants to use every trick they have learned from their "normal" battles, because now, they are out of their element...Welcome to Hell... wink.gif

Even though I now have 4 custom maps almost done (just need final touch-up) I personally vote NO. Not because I don't want to make maps mind you, Hell, I'm almost done, but because of what Herr Clement has brought up, may the Strong survive...(and the Lucky!)

But once again, I will leave it up to a vote...and so far, only Clement has voted NO...and me that is. smile.gif

Keep them coming!

------------------

One shot...One Kill

[This message has been edited by Iron Duke (edited 11-23-2000).]

Once again:

If anyone is still having problems please let me know either here or by email...I tend to forget! redface.gif

Once a couple more final reports come in I will repost the First Round Bracket with the updated Winners.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

[This message has been edited by Iron Duke (edited 11-23-2000).]

Another little update for the 'Duke'. Turn 4 and Speedy 'tank killer extroardinaire' strikes again, yes another of my tanks managed to ambush a Churchill VIII firing 3 shots the final one managed to penetrate the front turret knocking out the cigar chomping churchill.

Luck seems to be with me at the moment.

------------------

-Meeks

Gary and I have to occupy a small village at the centre of the map.

At first I thought a nice map with a clear line of sight and little cover.

But I had weather turned off frown.gif

When I put it on I saw fog everywhere fog.

I think this is going to be a very bloody fight.

#4 and I haven't lost troops jet smile.gif

But I am afraid this soon will change.

Man TexasToast, that was quick. At what turn was the surrender? I'm only on turn 2!

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Def Bungis and I have started things rolling,but it's a dark night out there and as of this post we have not made contact. However given the small size of the map and the location of the victory flag,I expect that to change very quickly.(and bloodily)

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

The surrender came somewhere around turn 9 or 10. At that point he had remnants of about 4 Sturmgruppe platoons and one Marder II facing a veteran Rifle company and 2 crack Engineer Platoons, plus a Sherman, Priest, M-10, and 2 Greyhounds. We managed to get through several turns per day to move the game along nicely.

Hey guys, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Now that the weekend is almost over, I was wondering if there were any more battle resolutions or updates?

I would like to hear from the rest of you concerning the custom maps vote...as of now we are going to have custom maps for the Second Round. I have 4 of them done and I have an idea for #5, still need to "come up" with #6, but I have time yet.

Anyway, I am assuming that everyone is indeed fighting a PBEM since I did not receive any emails contrary to that.

Keep the posts coming please so that I can get an estimate on how far along the First Round is.

------------------

One shot...One Kill