Ass Kicker of the Month!

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in participating in a tournament that is set up like basketball, with a seed chart and such. Everyone would get seeded and depending on how many people are involved would determine how many PBEM's you would have to survive to reach the sweet 16, then the Big 8, Final 4, and finally the Championship Match.

This is how it could work. I will be the umpire/referee who will generate a random map with random weather and time. I will send the map to each player and they will have 1 day to pick their units. I want to stay away from CM generated PBEM's because of the limitations it puts on purchasing Armor with a Combined Arms force for example. I say if you have the points...spend it how you wish.

Then, both players send me back their maps with their purchased units which I will strictly transfer (purchase) in the real PBEM. Then I will send it to the first player for the placement phase. In this way no one can cheat, and we bypass the limitations of a CM generated PBEM. What do you guys think?

I envision 2000 points for the Germans and as an incentive to play the Allies, 2500 points for them in a meeting engagement. The battles will be short and bloody...say 20 to 25 turns. This will ensure quick games and bloody fights. There will be only 1 victory flag (so no flag rush is possible except by BOTH sides)

The Championship Match will be the best 2 out of 3 PBEM's.

The prize?

1. Bragging Rights

2. I would be willing to look into a trophy of sorts that I will mail to the participant. (More on that later)

3. At the end, and if BTS will allow, I will post a CM picture representing the Winner and write a small essay with lavish embellishment on his/her prowess for all to see and admire. (lol)

First I need to find out if anyone would even be interested?

------------------

One shot...One Kill

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke,

Why more points for the Allies in a meeting engagment?

And I wouldn't put any time stipulations for the tourney. Lots of people signed up for Von shrads "not so super bowl" tourney and it went way past the desiganted time.

People just get busy ya know.

Any way, sign me up. Either side is fine.

------------------

The counter-revolution,

people smilling through their tears.

Who can give them back their lives, and all those wasted years.

I'm in. But I have some suggestions.

First, forget about sending out maps until after each side purchases his/her forces. Just let us know the parameters (map size, type of battle, weather conditions, time of day, time of year, tree coverage, hill size, and countryside (e.g., rural, farm, village, town)). Tell us how many points we have and how many turns (20-25 is a good number for the reasons you gave). Tell us which side we're playing (probably won't know that until you get a bracket together). Then let us email you our force alignments so that you can purchase. Once you buy the forces for each side, email the scenario back to us and let her rip. You have to put a time limitation otherwise there will be no incentive to complete in a timely manner. That leaves the rest of us hanging around waiting for one or two slack asses to finish smile.gif.

Furthermore, you'll have to figure out what do you do in the case of a draw. I'm in a tournament right now at theblitz.org (called Road to St. Lo). It is run similarly except there are 4 custom made scenarios for each round and points awarded to the victor. If you lose, you're out. If a draw, both continue on (not sure how that works yet). The two players with the highest point total after 4 rounds then duke it out for the tournament champ.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

I am glad too see that some of you are interested.

What do you guys think about the points?

i.e. 2000 Germans/2500 Allies

I will leave it to a vote:

Yes = 2000 Germans/2500 Allies

No = 2000 both sides

Juardis,

the reason I would send out the map beforehand is that typically you want to see the terrain before purchasing your units. What do the rest of you think?

If you have any suggestions please feel free, my work email is hguerrero@activision.com during the day. I check it constantly so let em rip.

Anyway, I will wait the weekend to allow other people to join in.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

I think you'll find most people will choose the equal point combo (unless they're the Allies of course smile.gif). I vote no.

Oh, and I was just trying to save you time by not having to send the maps out. I think you'll find that that will get old very very quickly. Think about it, by the time you open your 10th map you'll be sick of it. Just open one map, populate it with both sides, save it, then delete everything and start again with the next pair. Just trying to save you time brother.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

[This message has been edited by Juardis (edited 11-16-2000).]

Keep your Jock strapp on Sergeant!

Def Bungins said:

"Crawl out of your loaders hatch and lets get on with it already!"

Smile when you say that! biggrin.gif And thats drivers hatch thank you...sheesh, I guess they let anyone be an E7 eh Bungis? lol

Ok, seeing as most people here vote no, then it is no.

2000 points all around.

It will not begin until Saturday, I want to leave the post open for at least 1 full day, more people may want to join, plus, the more people the better anyway.

------------------

One shot...One Kill