Ass Kicker of the Month!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel I can trust my opponent, as I hope he can trust me. If we have to cheat to win, then what's the point? I play this game for the enjoyment, not because I feel the need to win at all costs... Who would know if we I took a peek, you ask? Well, I would! And that's good enough for me... Let's get it on!

Seeing as my opponent want's to start over and the patch seems to be just about here I vote we start over.

Also BigMac where's my turn?

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

[This message has been edited by Splinty (edited 11-20-2000).]

Just read the thread.I agree with my opponent Cheaters never prosper.Besides we can allways use the patch on the second round.We've invested serveral days on this allready lets Duke it out.

------------------

"NOW THE GENERAL WHO WINS A BATTLE MAKES MANY CALCULATIONS IN HIS TEMPLE ERE THE BATTLE IS FOUGHT. THE GENERAL WHO LOSES A BATTLE MAKES BUT FEW CALCULATIONS BEFOREHAND. THUS DO MANY CALCULATIONS LEAD TO VICTORY. AND FEW CALCULATIONS TO DEFEAT. HOW MUCH MORE NO CALCULATION AT ALL"

PEACOCKS PRINCIPLES OF WAR

Well,

almost all of you have replied to this issue either here on the forum or by email, and I am pleased to see that all of you, for the exception of Def "I want to start over and get some power converters....(whine)Bungis" biggrin.gif, choose to continue with the Honor system.

Honor.

Excellent.

As for the TCP/IP...we can have this first round knocked out by that time and continue to the Second Round with TCP/IP...so by popular Vote...WE CONTINUE! (This means you Sergeant Bungis)

Maybe BTS could shed some light on us and help us figure out a way that this type of battle setup could work without being compromised?! I think all we would need is a choice of whether or not to have Hot Seat functioning when I save the game in Tournament mode? And To allow ME to place the passwords before hand so absolutely no peeking is allowed? Or maybe "Freestyle" PBEM's where no limitations occur, such as the limitation of 400 points of Arty, etc... in a Combined Arms game for example?

Madmatt...what do you think? Is this feasible or is there a known solution?

------------------

One shot...One Kill

[This message has been edited by Iron Duke (edited 11-20-2000).]

Iron Duke: I emailed you to explain my computer problems this weekend. But I did get your emails. I just couldn't get to them. Unless yours were getting sent back. Sorry about the confusion. Hopefully I'll be back online this evening.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Good Morning Asskickers...

It looks like all the rest of you that I needed purchases from have responded. Excellent. I am off to work now (and play games for 8 hrs wink.gif ), but rest assured that when I get home, you will have a PBEM tonight.

Out.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Bigmac and Kain have begun their battle.

A small village with two roads. One leading north/south the other east/west.As befitting the season there is a lovely snow storm swirlling about and mud on the ground.Bigmac holds the high ground and his placement area extends to the edge of the village.Kain must advance across open ground and uphill in order to enter the village or achieve flanking positions.What a nightmare!!

------------------

"NOW THE GENERAL WHO WINS A BATTLE MAKES MANY CALCULATIONS IN HIS TEMPLE ERE THE BATTLE IS FOUGHT. THE GENERAL WHO LOSES A BATTLE MAKES BUT FEW CALCULATIONS BEFOREHAND. THUS DO MANY CALCULATIONS LEAD TO VICTORY. AND FEW CALCULATIONS TO DEFEAT. HOW MUCH MORE NO CALCULATION AT ALL"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>A small village with two roads. One leading north/south the other east/west.As befitting the season there is a lovely snow storm swirlling about and mud on the ground.Bigmac holds the high ground and his placement area extends to the edge of the village.Kain must advance across open ground and uphill in order to enter the village or achieve flanking positions.What a nightmare!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL...

I told you...some of you have some NASTY maps! Good Luck all...you'll need it!

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Ok,

10 of the 12 PBEM's are out the door.

Kollos

Joeski....you guys need to work out who is who and get back to me ASAP.

markk

chairman7w....you guys need to work out who is who and get back to me ASAP.

To the rest of you...

I know I am only the Ref, but if you could keep me posted on the highlights of your battles...your thoughts, impressions, etc...it would LOVE to hear them! (I did put some work in after all rolleyes.gif ) j/k

Thanks guys!

Out.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Hey Duke;

Your batting a thousand.

Here's an update.......

I don't have any freakn troops on the map!

This "ass kicker of the month" is gonna turn out to be "kick Dukes ass this month". smile.gif

------------------

The counter-revolution,

people smilling through their tears.

Who can give them back their lives, and all those wasted years.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hey Duke;

Your batting a thousand.

Here's an update.......

I don't have any freakn troops on the map!

This "ass kicker of the month" is gonna turn out to be "kick Dukes ass this month".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOLOLOL

Sergeant, sergeant...you REALLY want me to allow Splinty a couple of extra thousand points don't you!!! biggrin.gif

The file I sent you Splinty was the correct one...I just checked that very same file myself...Splinty must have accidentally setup on his purchases file that does not contain Def "If I don't shut up I'm gonna get fragged by Iron Duke" Bungis's units.

Splinty, please send the Sergeant his file.

Out.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

The flying circus has landed,and Def Bungis and I have settled in for battle. I just want to say that the screw ups were in no way Iron Dukes or Def Bungis' fault. They were entirely due to my semi-literacy on this magic box known as a computer.

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The flying circus has landed,and Def Bungis and I have settled in for battle. I just want to say that the screw ups were in no way Iron Dukes or Def Bungis' fault. They were entirely due to my semi-literacy on this magic box known as a computer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe...

Outstanding! Everyone is now a GO. I am sure, Splinty, that you where just playing mind games with Ole Bungis... wink.gif As you should!

I am starting work on custom maps for the Second Round so we can add some flavor to it. We'll see how it goes, unless of course, the rest of you WANT random maps like in this first round? You guys make the call.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Custom maps for sure! My random map is wide, wide, open! My only tactic up to this point is Civil War columns of men. Should have bought more canons.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Update for Iron Duke:

It's turn #3

Bigmac is in the village and has emplaced some troops in a two story building with a commanding view of my approach.Also taking fire from the high ground on my right flank but the smoke i just dropped should cover me.Arty is dropping on my heavy weapons emplacements.Greyhounds are moving in precision formations shooting at anything that moves.The only thing i have going is Bigmac hides his troops in buildings that explode.

Kain

------------------

Gramps:

Very enjoyable. There is no finer way to spend some free time,than to watch a company of troops being mauled by crossfire.Perhaps we shall have the opportunity to cross bayonets once again. That is if i survive this round.

------------------

I won't be around for round 2. My opponent went all infantry. Doh! I can maybe still win the field, but it's a little harder at this point. If I do it'll be my superior skill that wins the day smile.gif NOT!

But if I were to hang around, I would vote custom.

------------------

Jeff Abbott