Ass Kicker of the Month!

Definitely count me in.Sounds like big time fun!!

I vote NO.

------------------

"NOW THE GENERAL WHO WINS A BATTLE MAKES MANY CALCULATIONS IN HIS TEMPLE ERE THE BATTLE IS FOUGHT. THE GENERAL WHO LOSES A BATTLE MAKES BUT FEW CALCULATIONS BEFOREHAND. THUS DO MANY CALCULATIONS LEAD TO VICTORY. AND FEW CALCULATIONS TO DEFEAT. HOW MUCH MORE NO CALCULATION AT ALL"

PEACOCKS PRINCIPLES OF WAR

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to be squished also. I mean I want to play. Thanks.

Iron: What/who determines which side each player gets?

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Joeski,

I have been thinking about that and this is what I have come up with:

If anyone has a preference then I will consider it as long as the other player doesn't mind. I.E.

Player 1 says " I like both sides, either for me"

and

Player 2 says " I like the Germans"

Then Player 2 gets the Germans.

If BOTH players want the same side, I propose a best 2 out of 3 Rock, Paper, Scissors PBEM match! biggrin.gif I will send each player an email and they will reply with either Rock, Paper or Scissors...in this way we will decide who gets who.

Sound fair to you all?

On another note:

TO ALL PARTICIPANTS:

Please send me by email, I repeat, BY EMAIL, an "honest" evaluation of your PBEM skill. If this is your first PBEM, indicate so. If you wipe your arse with Ghengis Khan, indicate so...in this way I can get a (very) rough guesstimate on everyone's skills for the seeds. OTHERWISE I will randomize the seeding for this first match.

iron_duke@mindspring.com

hguerrero@activision.com

ATTENTION:

Kgreatape

von Lucke

I need an email address from the both of ya please.

I will not give it to anyone I assure you.

Also,

I will be posting up a small "rules and regs" post later today (if I have time at work) or tonight after work. (7pm PST)

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Ok guys here are some rules governing play:

First off, I found an automatic dice roller on the net and will use it exclusively.

Maps: Roll this type of "Dice"

Map Type d4

Tree Coverage d4

Hilliness d4

Parameters:

Date d12

Time d6 (2 points each)

Weather d6 (May be altered according to date. ie...snow in June)

Ground Cond. d9 or d18 (2 points each, also may be altered according to date)

?Map Contours d6 (1-4 is 2.5 meter, 5-6 is 5 meter) I put a question mark infront of this one because I am not sure if anyone would care to play with 5 meter elevation. You guys let me know.

Map Sizes: d20

These will range from:

560 X 560 meters and up in even, 80 meter increments. NOTE: The maps will allways be perfect squares to ensure equality.

So the smallest will be 560 X 560 and the largest will be a whopping 2080 X 2080 meters! But rest assured that with only 1 Victory Flag, there will be no problems finding each other, the large maps will allow for great maneuver games and put great emphasis on the number of turns element.

Number of Turns:

Maps up to and including 1600 meters will be 20 turns.

Maps over 1600 meters will be 25 turns.

Draws:

In case of a draw, I propose a second battle but this one will render a victor.

Second "Tie Breaker":

Turns: 10

Map: Small

Weather, Ground Conditions: Clear and Very Dry or Dry

Time: May 45

Victory Flags: 1 small

Units Allowed: ONLY Armor and Vehicles...NO infantry of ANY TYPE. (ie. no sharpshooters, FO's, etc.)

The May 45 date will equal out the German Armor with the Allied armor of that time.

Let me know what you guys think.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

We are up to 26 so far. I think I will leave the post open until tommorow morning, as I have asked Fionn Kelly to join us but since he lives in Ireland, he hasn't had a chance to respond.

I still need email evaluations from the following:

markk

speedy

Def Bungis....get the lead out Sergeant! biggrin.gif

chairman7w

kgreatape

von Lucke

I also need email addresses from the following:

kgreatape

von Lucke

Everyone else, great job...thanks a million. I am preparing the seeds tonight, but rest assured that if you get seeded "low", that doesn't mean anything. This is the first time around so real seeds wont be known until the next match.

There is a small trophy store about 6 blocks from here and I will check on the trophy tomorrow, I think I will have it engraved

"Combat Mission"

"Asskicker of the Month"

December, 2000

I was thinking if you were interested, we could get a pool going of say 1 or 2 bucks each and get a real nice trophy for the second time...thus everyone will have an incentive to kick arse! Let me know what you guys think about that.

Someone had a question: Can brits be used? Absolutely. If you are the Allies, you can pick any Allied force you want. Though no mix and matching please. (i.e. American Infantry with British Armor...although I have done this myself! wink.gif )

------------------

One shot...One Kill

This sounds great. I can't wait.

I can almost feel my ass getting kicked now!

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

NOTICE: THE ENTRIES ARE CLOSED

Beckman...I am sorry but I don't think you will be able to participate. The reason being is as it stands now...there are 24 players at the moment which makes 12 First round PBEM's. This leads to 12 players in 6 PBEM's for the Second Round. Here is where it gets tricky. For the semi-finals, there will be 6 players in 3 PBEM's which leaves 3 players for the Finals, which in turn leads to a Round Robin for the Championship of 2 players in 1 PBEM.

If you work out the brackets...there will have to be 8 (7 less yourself) new players join up in order to get another full bracket and no Round Robin. So unless 7 more show up by tomorrow morning...Would you be interested in being an alternate? I am sure someone will drop out or not respond and have to be dropped? Let me know.

First Round Bracket: Terrible 24

TBlaster

vs.-----------------Winner

U8led

1)

Kunzler

Juardis

==============================

Def Bungis

Splinty

2)

Kollos

Teutonic

Guzzle Rock

SuperSlug

3)

Stoffel

Capt. Ayers

=============================

Jeff Heidman

rwwald

4)

Sniperscope

Joeski

Texastoast

Clement

5)

Bigmac

Kain

=============================

Speedy

Snoop

6)

markk

Chairman7w

Thats the First Round Gents!

Expect maps in your email boxes by the morning. You will have until Sunday to look over the map and purchase your units, although you do not have to wait until Sunday to do so. The earlier the better.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

[This message has been edited by Iron Duke (edited 11-18-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Iron Duke (edited 11-18-2000).]

NOTICE TO ALL ASSKICKERS

If you did not recieve a battle last night then please contact me right away. I was up late setting everything up so I am sure I screwed something up! smile.gif

ALSO:

The Vote we had earlier is in effect:

ALLIES GET 2000 POINTS, SAME FOR THE AXIS

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SIGN YOU EMAILS WITH YOUR NICKNAME SO I CAN KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! smile.gif

Good Hunting!

------------------

One shot...One Kill

One more thing:

Just to clarify what will happen.

Once you pick your 2000 pnts, you will send the file back to me. Once I have BOTH sides files', I will transfer the unit selections over to the Master File which I will then save in Tournament mode. Then I will send it to the appropriate player for the Setup Turn.

And Viola! Carnage ensues. biggrin.gif

P.S. Some of you have some NASTY maps! Whew! I wouldn't want to fight there! cool.gif

------------------

One shot...One Kill