Ass Kicker of the Month!

A quick update on the tiebreaker between myself and Snoopy.

The first turn has been played and in an engagement between my Hellcat and 2 Hetzers and 1 PzIV/70 at a range of about 900 metres, my Hellcat knocked out both Hetzers before withdrawing behind a crest.

------------------

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

I have nothing else to say. Ya, quote that you rat bastards.

-Meeks

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn 2 of the tiebreaker and a slightly less enthusistic update.

My original Hellcat wasted the turn bouncing tungsten and ap rounds off the front of a IV/70. My other Hellcat was ambushed by yet another Hetzer!!! managed to bounce one rd of it before suffering a gun hit, and latter turn being immobilized.

Looks like Snoopy has the upperhand now.

One more thing:

Please remember that Sunday, December 10th is the DUE DATE for the First Round. If any of you will not make that date, please contact me by email and let me know so that something can be worked out. I feel bad pushing the date, I know people get busy, but I am trying to be fair to everyone else and attempt to keep this tournament moving. (Hell...I bought a Trophy people! rolleyes.gif )

So...Move out! Voward Marsch! ...and all that Jazz.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

[This message has been edited by Iron Duke (edited 12-05-2000).]

Hey Iron Duke,

Once everyone is finished with round 1 are you going to re-seed the brackets? Or leave them as they are now?

Thanks,

Joeski

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Joeski,

the brackets will work themselves out now. Your next opponent is Jack Hughes, then, depending on if you win that battle, you will be fighting the Second Round winner from the #3 bracket and so on...understand?

If everyone comes back for the next AKOTM, then true seeding will take place, as I will know everyone's ability level, or at least have a better idea.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Thoughts on the Tiebreaker

Well Its just a death match between 400pts worth of tanks. So at first I did not like it. Its a hard decision between experienced tankers and regular ones. Speedy is doing very well with his 2 elite Hellcats. I had 3 hetzers and one IV/70 all at regular, and have lost the 3 hetzers to his one Hellcat.

Now its just down to my IV/70 witch has bounced 4 or 5 Tungsten rounds and missed every time it has shot. If the gunner survives I will replace him. smile.gif

I do like the no tree, hilly map a lot. Its different.

It would be nice if it was 1000pt instead of 400, because at just 400pts I think the lucky player will win, and not the skilled.

But if you go with 1000pts the game will take longer and the Asskicker tournament will never end. smile.gif

So overall I think its ok.

Turn 3 of the tiebreaker has been played and the action continues unabated.

Tragedy strikes this turn with my crippled Hellcat being knocked out early in the turn by that damned 3rd Hetzer. However at the end of the turn I exacted my revenge by knocking out the Hetzer with my other Hellcat.

As I see the game Snoopy has 1 pz IV/70 left, I have 1 Hellcat left, with 7 turns to go.

So Iron Duke, what happens if the tiebreaker ends in a tie?

------------------

-Meeks

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Its a hard decision between experienced tankers and regular ones.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly why I chose 400 points rather than 1000. With 1000 points everyone would have Elite King Tigers and Elite Jumbo 76's and Pershing's all the time. This way you can have 1 Elite "big" tank (or 2 Elite TD's) but your opponent may have up to 4 Regulars or 3 Vets. So it balances out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I do like the no tree, hilly map a lot. Its different<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tank country my friend...gotta luv it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It would be nice if it was 1000pt instead of 400, because at just 400pts I think the lucky player will win, and not the skilled.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh I disagree with that. You said yourself that it was a hard decision on how you bought, so it takes first-hand knowledge of all the Vehicles available to you for your choices...therefore skill is involved. Now, the way I setup the map (setup zones) you'd better have some skill in maneuver or you will get waxed right off the bat! I think maneuvering and fighting a section or platoon sized Armored force takes a LOT more skill than maneuvering and fighting a company sized Armored force, you cannot afford ANY mistakes. Each of your orders can have DIRE consequences for your men, there can be no gamey "scout with a jeep" tactics in the Tiebreaker...unless you WANT to throw away 50 or so points (1/8th of your total).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>So overall I think its ok<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you liked it.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Speedy,

well unless BOTH of you knock each other out right at the same time (highly unlikely) then you will have to do an unheard of Tie-TieBreaker! smile.gif

It could happen I guess, but chances are one of you will get a kill sooner or later.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

[This message has been edited by Iron Duke (edited 12-06-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snoop:

Thoughts on the Tiebreaker

I do like the no tree, hilly map a lot. Its different.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey speedy, only a tanker would think up some **** like this! He's brain washed.

Update on Splinty and I:

Splinty is feeling the pressure of my Crack and Elite Glider Battalion (-).

I'm keeping his troops far at bay from the objective despite severe punishment from his Arty and Armor.

I think when my elite bazooka took out his second Panther, it hurt him pretty hard.

However, he is not giving up.

It should go to the very end.

Turn #14

The snowstorm continues to vent it's fury on the small village at the crossroads.Underfoot the ground has been fertilized with the blood of heroes.As i gaze upon the carnage men do to pay homage to the gods of war my mind drifts back..back to where it all began......

Bigmac penetrates the village and emplaces heavy weapons in a two story building with commanding views of Kains approach. simutaneously heavy MG and arty take the high ground overlooking the village. Fierce fighting erupts as Kain brings his 75mm guns into play and secures the village.Bigmac rallies at the stone church and begins dropping some 155mm vt which reduces the town to rubble.Kains well oiled war machine of three full strengh axis infantry companies can only cower in the buildings and pray Bigmac runs out of arty soon.Bigmac runs out of arty and feels really bad about scaring Kains troopers so he surrenders.

------------------

"NOW THE GENERAL WHO WINS A BATTLE MAKES MANY CALCULATIONS IN HIS TEMPLE ERE THE BATTLE IS FOUGHT. THE GENERAL WHO LOSES A BATTLE MAKES BUT FEW CALCULATIONS BEFOREHAND. THUS DO MANY CALCULATIONS LEAD TO VICTORY. AND FEW CALCULATIONS TO DEFEAT. HOW MUCH MORE NO CALCULATION AT ALL"

PEACOCKS PRINCIPLES OF WAR

Sing O Goddess the Wrath of Kain, son of someoneorother. The ruinous Wrath that fell upon the house of Mac and the village at the crossroads... smile.gif

Congratulations Kain, your victory over "Le Bigmac" secures you a position in the Second Round. See below for details on the updated bracket.

First Round Bracket: Terrible 24

TBlaster

vs.-----------------TBlaster

U8led

1)

Kunzler

vs.-----------------Winner

Juardis

==============================

Def Bungis

Splinty

2)

Jeff Heidman

Teutonic

GuzzleBock

vs.----------------SuperSlug

SuperSlug

3)

Stoffel

vs.-----------------Stoffel

Capt. Ayers

=============================

Jack Hughes

vs.-----------------Jack Hughes

rwwald

4)

Kollos

vs.-----------------Joeski

Joeski

Texastoast

vs.-----------------Texastoast

Clement

5)

Bigmac

vs.-----------------Kain

Kain

Speedy

Snoop

6)

markk

Chairman7w

Keep the updates coming! Remember, Sunday, December the 10th is the deadline. If you cannot make that date, e-mail me ASAP!

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Ok guys, it is now Friday, Dec 8th and I still haven't heard from:

Kunzler

Juardis

Def Bunion

Splinty

Heidman

Teutonic

Speedy

Snoop

markk

Chairman7w

Are you guys going to make the Sunday deadline?

Please let me know as soon as you can.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Dunno whether Snoop and myself will manage the deadline, all depends on whether we can meet up for a tcp sesh tomorrow.

------------------

-Meeks

Kunzler and Juardis. We're on turn 13 or so. His freakin' troops have ko'd 2 or my 3 remaining armor assets. He holds the flag and is reverse slope to me. I cannot see him, he cannot see me. This will obviously have to change and I'm going to have to make it so. Won't be long before the outcome is decided. He has to return my move first though.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Jeff,

Honestly, do you think you will be availible for the Second Round? When was the last time you heard from Teutonic? If I advance you to the Second Round, I will expect you to play. If you cannot, no big deal but I need to know this right now.

Your thoughts?

------------------

One shot...One Kill

I am absolutely available to continue playing. I am very interested, and dissapointed by the unfortuante result of the match set up with Teutonic.

I would be willing to either play the 2nd round, or even crank out an abbreviated first round fight with a stand-in who can do TCP/IP tonight or tomorrow night.

Jeff Heidman

Ok Jeff,

I just sent you an email explaining the situation.

Stevetherat will be taking over for Teutonicc, please see updated bracket for details.

First Round Bracket: Terrible 24

TBlaster

vs.-----------------TBlaster

U8led

1)

Kunzler

Juardis

Def Bungis

Splinty

2)

Jeff Heidman

Stevetherat

GuzzleBock

vs.----------------SuperSlug

SuperSlug

3)

Stoffel

vs.-----------------Stoffel

Capt. Ayers

Jack Hughes

vs.-----------------Jack Hughes

rwwald

4)

Kollos

vs.-----------------Joeski

Joeski

Texastoast

vs.-----------------Texastoast

Clement

5)

Bigmac

vs.-----------------Kain

Kain

Speedy

Snoop

6)

markk

Chairman7w

Keep the updates coming! Remember, Sunday, December the 10th is the deadline. If you cannot make that date, e-mail me ASAP!

NOTE: Anyone else out there that wants to sub please let me know. I need you!

------------------

One shot...One Kill

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iron Duke:

Ok guys, it is now Friday, Dec 8th and I still haven't heard from:

Kunzler

Juardis

Def Bunion

Splinty

Heidman

Teutonic

Speedy

Snoop

markk

Chairman7w

Are you guys going to make the Sunday deadline?

Please let me know as soon as you can.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Iron Duck;

Splinty and I are almost finished.

2 turns to go, and I don't think he has enough time to get anything on the objective

that I still hold with some elite forces.

By the way, thanks for the letter dude.