new urban map under construction

Léopold

31 minutes ago, umlaut said:

Vous pouvez le voir en arrière-plan ici:

14462713043_624dc2551f_b.jpg

ho oui elle est dingue cette carte  !!!

it is a pure marvel ! to watch at all costs which gives a great impression of an urban Russian front. A Soviet Fallout with its industrial zone, its railway swing bridge, its shopping district, its residential zone and its city slum. Superb. does umlaut also exist in quick battle map? see also the map of Amongst the ruins of Steinfullrules

1 hour ago, umlaut said:

You can see it in the background here:

@umlaut you inspired me to load up the Bitvagorod map to have a look.  Of course as a new RT user I grabbed it earlier this year (and the mods) in the frenzy of 'grab everything', but never tried it.  Looks great and will try the battle soon.  Question, did you ever develop the battle more or have I got the latest one which was part of the mod download?

Anyway @Léopold's work is looking good and your input and others can only be a good thing.  Thanks to all!

8 hours ago, umlaut said:

Have you tried my Factory mod set? I contains a lot of damaged buildings mods.

I only have Final Blitzkrieg so won't be able to use that mod. But maybe one day someone will upload an RT-battle to Youtube where that mod has been used. That would be the only way for me to see what it looks like.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work ! 🙂

If anything....i'm not totaly convinced by the two roads crossing over the 4 track railyard...

It would make more sence to have such crossings before or after the railyard imo...

Maybe remove atleast one of them and if possible...give the remaining one a small bridge across it..

Maybe a road could be added between the river and the tracks to still allove for the 3 rivercrossings...?

Again...these are only small suggestions to perhaps considder...keep up the good work 😎...

19 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

A level crossing tile or rails embedded in road/tarmac/cobbles woud be a great feature.

I would...along with some more factory related stuff perhaps..😋

21 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Service roads for the racks themselves perhaps? 

From looking at the picture it seems like ordinarie city streets crossing it...

It no big deal...😁 but it kind of caught my eye..

I'm away from my computer again and using my phone...so the pictures are pretty small 🧐...

But as far as I can make out this will be an improvement imo...

I guess that one thing you might condidder could be to elevate a larger section of the town around atleast one of those bridges to the same level as the bridge...to get kind of a larger hill going...I would probably go with the right bridge area...the hill would start to the left of the road crossing the bridge and extend to the right map edge and then maybe 100-200 meters to the rear....whatever you feel appropiate..

If you should also elevate a section of the town on the other side of the bridge (closer to the river)...maybe...try it and see how it looks...it might not need to be equally as high but a small increase in elevation here to might work...as well as around the left bridge...but don'r over-do it...find something you are happy with...

Having some elevated areas around this/those bridges will help explain why the bridges have been placed where they are imo...and getting some elevationchanges into the map is overall dedirable imo to get away from the pooltable feel...

Again...this is just a small suggestion....I belive that the bridges will work just fine as is if that is what you prefer...

But one other thing i would do...like I think you mentioned....placing buildings close to the bridges...this applies especially to the small bridge across the river !...I would try to place some building right next to it to tty and 'hade those bridge walls extending a bit to far...either buildings or some other type of terrain that hides those walls somewhat...

Edited by RepsolCBR