new urban map under construction

Léopold

15 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

And perhaps I should give the editor more of a try than 'let's test various weapons'...

Reckon so!  ;)

Once you start, you'll find the intricacies of the editor are every bit as addictive (& frustrating) as actually playing CM.....I reckon I spend ten to twenty hours in the editor for each one that I spend playing.

On 12/14/2020 at 7:05 PM, Vacilllator said:

One of the things I usually love about @George MC's maps (as I think I've told him 😉) is the use of elevation changes, which may not be so much of an option for the city map.

On 12/14/2020 at 8:16 PM, RepsolCBR said:

I most certainly agree...this is another part of map making that he exels in imo...

Missed this.....Agree totally, also he makes very realistic use of watercourses, which really adds to realism as they are one of the strongest forces shaping any given terrain.

If I had to guess, @George MC's climbing background might well be a factor in this,  I suspect he's spent quite a bit of time studying exactly how these things work, so that he doesn't fall off anything!  ;)

2 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Missed this.....Agree totally, also he makes very realistic use of watercourses, which really adds to realism as they are one of the strongest forces shaping any given terrain.

If I had to guess, @George MC's climbing background might well be a factor in this,  I suspect he's spent quite a bit of time studying exactly how these things work, so that he doesn't fall off anything!  ;)

Years spent using maps and navigating in zero vis...! But aye all to stop stepping over a cliff/cornice.

That's not a good thing to do... ;) 

• 1 year later...