WW II German military marches

If your ears are bleeding from hearing Panzer Lied too many times, and you don't care any more about Lilli Marlene and meeting her under a lamppost, here's the antidote, in a record of dazzling audio clarity. Besides, where are you ever going to find  find the great song title Mit Bomben und granaten for a martial topic? Here's music to listen to while playing CM or maybe build into a scenario to share with your fellow addicts. Found this while trying to find the PG Lied.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Lucky_Strike,

No joy so far in IDing the film/s "Erika" is in, but I did learn the title is both a common German female name and means heather, specifically, its flower. Lyrics follow in German and English. Belly drum, eh? Good one!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erika_(song)

Warts 'n' all,

Who are Charlie and his Orchestra?

theforger,

That first title seems suspiciously English.

Regards,

John Kettler

34 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

Lucky_Strike,

No joy so far in IDing the film/s "Erika" is in, but I did learn the title is both a common German female name and means heather, specifically, its flower. Lyrics follow in German and English. Belly drum, eh? Good one!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erika_(song)

Thanks John.

Oh no, you mean I’m going to have to rewatch all my war movies until I find Erika! He says out loud so as to distract Mrs Lucky_Strike form her latest Netflix binge watch. Who's Erika? She snaps back. Just some flower ... He mutters whilst firing up the Plex media server ...

See you all in about a year when I finished the War category on my media server, maybe with the answer to Erika ...

I did actually manage a bit of marching up and down the other night despite the late hour, shook the furniture a bit, but did it in my socks so not too noisy.

9 hours ago, Erwin said:

Didn 't realize there is a new Das Boot:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Das_Boot_(TV_series)

One more to add to the watchlist, shame it’s taken so long to make a sequel of sorts, sadly Jürgen Prochnow is a bit too old to reprise his role. Oh well, any excuse to watch the fantastic original ...

8 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Erika is also in The Mackenzie Break.

I didn’t recognise the title, but realised I’ve seen this one many years ago, will have to hunt it down to rewatch.

2 hours ago, fireship4 said:

You could try the 6 part "Original Uncut Version", released in 2004 on DVD and 2014 on BluRay if you've seen the original or directors cut.

Good heads up 👍 - I think I only have the Director’s Cut at the moment. I remember seeing the full series when it was originally shown on the BBC back in the 80’s - my Dad let me stay up extra late to watch it (gave him an excuse to watch it as well!). Doing a quick Wikipedia search I can see there is a kind of ultimate version disc set with just about everything on it, that should do nicely ...