New "02" patches for Game Engine 4 are now available

24 minutes ago, Oddball-47 said:

<snipped>

So it is obvious to me that the same bug which has been previously discussed has indeed, not been fixed.

<snipped>

Your experience corroborates the observations of others and is noted in several active threads.  The 4.02 patch seems to have resolved this problem in other titles but it remains an issue in the bocage of CMBN.  Cautious optimism hopes for remedy sometime soon . . .   :ph34r:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PIATpunk said:

Yes you sure did @BFCElvis.  Please see below.  What happened to the lodged bug report, was it not looked at? 

If you read comments on the forum a lot of people have stopped playing CMBN because of this game breaker.

Please fix or do sumfink!

@Battlefront.com @Battlefront Charles

Thanks. I'll check out the status of the bug report. The last coupla/few months have had my testing eyes (and brain) pretty focused on R2V.

As a peek behind the curtain,  it isn't unusual to post a report and then lose track of it's status unless 1 of 2 things happen...1) I'm asked a follow up question. 2) a new beta patch is available to be tested and you review posted bugs to see if the patch took care of them. 

Right.  This is the "run towards the enemy" bug.  Here a two threads mentioning it but there are other places it's been noted too; Irrational Behaviour and Annoying withdrawal towards the enemy behaviour.  As I best recollect, it was fixed in all the titles except CMBN and has something to do with the TacAI in bocage terrain.

2 hours ago, Badger73 said:

Right.  This is the "run towards the enemy" bug.  Here a two threads mentioning it but there are other places it's been noted too; Irrational Behaviour and Annoying withdrawal towards the enemy behaviour.  As I best recollect, it was fixed in all the titles except CMBN and has something to do with the TacAI in bocage terrain.

That is spot on. Sadly, I haven't heard anything new about the possibility of a hedgerow fix since July.

ok thanks Elvis.

For other players out there that find this bug annoying/show stopping, can you please post here with a quick one-liner? 

I'd really like to get Battlefront's attention and get this one fixed so we can continue playing CMBN.  cheers!

Edited by PIATpunk

1 hour ago, PIATpunk said:

ok thanks Elvis.

For other players out there that find this bug annoying/show stopping, can you please post here with a quick one-liner? 

I'd really like to get Battlefront's attention and get this one fixed so we can continue playing CMBN.  cheers!

This bug ruins bocage scenario's.  It made @Holdit's beautifully crafted Ad Hoc at Chef-du-Pont unplayable for the Germans

A bit surprised and disappointed that this bug, which I thought was received and acknowledged by BF months ago, apparently fell through the cracks and, as a result, nothing has been done about it.

Yeah, it's not as bad as it was with the "01" patch, but play any CMBN scenario that has bocage and you'll probably still see this very undesirable TacAI behavior with the 02 patch.  (I'm playing a CMBN campaign right now and I've run into it a number of times already.)

So, I'm joining the chorus: Please fix....

1 hour ago, Myles Keogh said:

A bit surprised and disappointed that this bug, which I thought was received and acknowledged by BF months ago, apparently fell through the cracks and, as a result, nothing has been done about it.

I am seriously hoping this doesn't come as insulting because that is the furthest from what I am saying.  

No one here has any idea how much or how little work has been done on this, right? As a point of conversation.....based on what was said in the R2V AAR threads, how long did it take to fix the the Sihk greatcoat issue? And that wasn't even recoding the TacAI.

Thanks to everyone for resurrecting this topic, as well as to @Elvis for being present and hopefully bumping it closer to the top of the internal Please Fix or Do Sumfink List.  I know the R2V module took on a developmental life of it's own over the last months!

CMBN is my favorite title and I too have held off starting any new games due to the counter logical infantry/bocage behavior.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 9:26 PM, Peter Panzer said:

@JoMc67 - interesting, I've never heard of that line.  Advanced Squad Leader is as far back as I go - the notion of tiny cardboard StuG III's still brings joy to my soul.  As I see it, ASL lives on as Combat Mission - how fortunate we are!

As a result of the Ad Hoc at Chef du Pont experience, and for other reasons, I've rediscovered ASL. ASL does live on, independently of CM.

• 4 weeks later...