New "02" patches for Game Engine 4 are now available

Without enemy fire their behaviour appears to be precisely as the designer intended (fathoming that is always tricky with someone else's work).

I could re-script them slightly, see if that will bake whatever it is back out again?

PS - Interesting to note that the problem team are in the tile adjacent to a bocage-gap tile in Plan #2.....I seem to recall that being mentioned as a feature of the Roadblock scenario too.

PPS - If the MG Team is starting on your right, that makes it Plan #2, if they are just right of your centre it's Plan #1.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

51 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Without enemy fire their behaviour appears to be precisely as the designer intended (fathoming that is always tricky with someone else's work).

I could re-script them slightly, see if that will bake whatever it is back out again?

PS - Interesting to note that the problem team are in the tile adjacent to a bocage-gap tile in Plan #2.....I seem to recall that being mentioned as a feature of the Roadblock scenario too.

PPS - If the MG Team is starting on your right, that makes it Plan #2, if they are just right of your centre it's Plan #1.

I set plan 1 to not used.  I tried re-scripting, no dice.  Have another experiment going on using my own map now.

my head hurts.  I DL'd Elvis scenarios and tested them.  Sure enough nothing like what I am seeing.  So then I decided to see if I can induce the behavior in his by altering it to look like one I am using where I can induce the behavior (and it is brand new).  No dice.  2 scenarios, both new, very similar.  One I can induce the behavior, one I can not.  Even in the same scenario where I can induce the behavior it is not uniform.  The inconsistency is a problem. There isn't anything to point at and say fix that if one unit reacts wrong and another doesn't...what are you fixing?

grrrrrrrrr

REPRODUCIBLE BUG - file attached  for @BFCElvis and other interested parties

So I replaced part of Elvis's test file low hedgerow with tall hedgerow.

8 out of 8 replays later, there were dead Germans in front of the hedgerows, having charged through the tall hedgerow gaps by the end of the first turn.

I hope others will see what I am seeing!

Foliage Runners Flat Map_PIATpunk.btt

5 hours ago, PIATpunk said:

REPRODUCIBLE BUG - file attached  for @BFCElvis and other interested parties

So I replaced part of Elvis's test file low hedgerow with tall hedgerow.

8 out of 8 replays later, there were dead Germans in front of the hedgerows, having charged through the tall hedgerow gaps by the end of the first turn.

I hope others will see what I am seeing!

Foliage Runners Flat Map_PIATpunk.btt 10.04 kB · 6 downloads

Attaboy. There ya go. Now we've got something to take a serious look at and see if we can file a bug report. Thank you!

(P.S. Next time you do Armed Forces and I'll do Imperial Bedroom, ok?)

8 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

I did not get it at all in the first file that you posted but I did in the second.  

Happened in both of those for me. Ran right out into the open. First one looked like they went through the small gap and were headed for the large gap to run back behind but they all died first. Second one they ran farther into the open and milled around, dying in place.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, IanL said:

I have a feeling he is actually playing mine craft and mistaking it for CM. Just based on some of the off the wall stuff that he get quoted here. Pun not intended - OK it was :D

Be glad you are getting bug reports in any form, I don't write exactly write picture books about them..

1 hour ago, user1000 said:

Be glad you are getting bug reports in any form, I don't write exactly write picture books about them..

We definitely appreciate your input. I'm not clear on what you mean by bullets sticking to walls? What it conjures up is images of walls with multitudes of bullets hanging on them. I'm having a hard time visualizing that. Or even thinking it may be a bug. Does a bullet that doesn't go over a wall imbed itself in a wall? Sure.

5 hours ago, user1000 said:

Once again a save file indicating the behavior would save time. I am still waiting for one from your report on another thread. I for one am not going to spend even a moment on the description given trying to figure out what you mean. I’d love to help with this but if you aren’t willing to make a save I am not willing to figure it out. No I am not glad to have bug reports in just any form. 

• 2 weeks later...

I played a two-player, live quick battle today with CMBN and both sections of a squad I had split in half (Germans)
panicked and ran (on their own) through an opening in tall bocage directly into a wide open field -TOWARDS-
the enemy. (U.S.) 

So it is obvious to me that the same bug which has been previously discussed has indeed, not been fixed.

Flames, replies which find my post offensive/repulsive or which smack of grognardian elitism, shall be
entertained.

Odd