New "02" patches for Game Engine 4 are now available

9 hours ago, PIATpunk said:

Still seeing same behaviour as 4.01  - I started a fresh Scottish corridor campaign with 4.02 and once the bullets fly the AI German outposts are running towards my positions... (see western edge of map for behaviour)  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gta5hjdn9abpofk/The Scottish Corridor 003.bts?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mb6a5awjxpwwuhg/The Scottish Corridor 004.bts?dl=0

ps do you need more testers.  Happy to help.

Interesting. I replayed your saved turns and see the fleeing toward the enemy behavior.

I started my own Scottish Corridor campaign 5 times and did not get this behavior. So far the only German soldier I've found in that part of the map ran backwards from the hedgerow when fired at.  There were not the 4 or 5 guys that are in your save - no idea if there are different German setups for the scenario and we randomly got different ones. That's why I ran it 5 times and seemed to see the same setup each time. The campaigns weren't changed in the updates/patches.  I'll post this in the beta testing and see what happens with someone else.

One other point. I'm on a Mac. I don't *think* that would make a difference but there are both Mac and PC testers.

[edit] there WAS quite a bit of testing and there was a concentration on exactly this type of situation and it appeared to be fixed. I ran a dozen scenarios just in BN alone and did not see this, so I'm not sure what happened here.

Dave

Edited by Ultradave

2 hours ago, Ultradave said:

Interesting. I replayed your saved turns and see the fleeing toward the enemy behavior.

I started my own Scottish Corridor campaign 5 times and did not get this behavior. So far the only German soldier I've found in that part of the map ran backwards from the hedgerow when fired at.  There were not the 4 or 5 guys that are in your save - no idea if there are different German setups for the scenario and we randomly got different ones. That's why I ran it 5 times and seemed to see the same setup each time. The campaigns weren't changed in the updates/patches.  I'll post this in the beta testing and see what happens with someone else.

One other point. I'm on a Mac. I don't *think* that would make a difference but there are both Mac and PC testers.

[edit] there WAS quite a bit of testing and there was a concentration on exactly this type of situation and it appeared to be fixed. I ran a dozen scenarios just in BN alone and did not see this, so I'm not sure what happened here.

Dave

thank for your time on this @Ultradave most appreciated!

I'm on win10  if it matters but I understand this is one just instance.  I'll have a look at other CMBN bocage scenarios in 4.02 and see how things play out.  I was expecting an improved response to the same situation with 4.02 compared to 4.01.  Glad at least you saw the same issue!  Just to confirm, I started the campaign fresh under 4.02.

cheers Chris

Edited by PIATpunk

On 6/14/2019 at 1:39 PM, BFCElvis said:

I like to call this the "Aught 2" (02) patch. I call it the "02" patch because each version ends with 02,  except for Black Sea. It is up and ready for everyone. Grab the one(s) that you need right here: Aught 2 Patches

This is almost a "hotfix" patch and mainly addresses 3 issues:

- Quick Battle Play by Email crashes for CMBN, CMFI and CMRT (but the fix was applied to all games) has been fixed

- AI Infantry running toward enemy fire rather than away from the firing unit. Particularly inn bocage.

- TO&E changes, particularly wrong uniforms being used in CMFI

What does it fix in the modern (BS/SF2) titles? TOE? Faulty evasion? QB or PBEM?

Do my eyes decieve me or does the once "mythical" Parachute Battalion now exist within CMBN Quick Battles. :D

4n8N6MW.png

Need to investigate some more though at the moment appears the Airborne Infantry category on the force selection screen now matches between Quick Battles and Scenario Designer. 👍

More hot fixes please. :lol:

Edited by Oliver_88

21 hours ago, Falaise said:

maybe it should have been less fast and make a patch of patch that works
for the players of bn nothing is solved, it remains unplayable !🙄

Nothing?  So far most of us seem to be having difficulty duplicating some of the issues it is meant to fix. Can you be more explicit on what wasn’t fixed and maybe provide a save file?  As far as I know the poem issue is fixed. The TAC AI behavior is hoped to be but is harder to code for. 

6 hours ago, sburke said:

So far most of us seem to be having difficulty duplicating some of the issues it is meant to fix.

All I'm asking is what are these issues as they relate to CMBS and CMSF2.

If we knew what they were - we could help you try to duplicate them.

On 6/15/2019 at 5:30 AM, Falaise said:

maybe it should have been less fast and make a patch of patch that works
for the players of bn nothing is solved, it remains unplayable !🙄

What specifically is your issue (or issues), so that it can be checked?  And a saved game file if possible.  If not, some good screen shots showing the unplayable issues.

What specifically is your issue (or issues), so that it can be checked?  And a saved game file if possible.  If not, some good screen shots showing the unplayable issues.

This should bring you up to speed. I believe it will include most of the other threads discussing the same problem...

I'm a little surprised that no one has provided any save games showing this faulty behavior. I sent one to @IanL last month. I'd assumed others had done the same.

There's even a step by step description on how to replicate this problem playing the 'Roadblock' scenario.

What exactly does this hotfix correct if we're still trying to collect test cases?

9 hours ago, sburke said:

Nothing?  So far most of us seem to be having difficulty duplicating some of the issues it is meant to fix. Can you be more explicit on what wasn’t fixed and maybe provide a save file?  As far as I know the poem issue is fixed. The TAC AI behavior is hoped to be but is harder to code for. 

or in the thread

1 hour ago, Howler said:

I'm a little surprised that no one has provided any save games showing this faulty behavior. I sent one to @IanL last month. I'd assumed others had done the same.

Saves were provided and tested. As well as new games with the patch applied by multiple beta testers. One of them said so at the top of this page of this thread:

On 6/15/2019 at 4:25 AM, Ultradave said:

5 hours ago, Howler said:

All I'm asking is what are these issues as they relate to CMBS and CMSF2.

If we knew what they were - we could help you try to duplicate them.

Honestly I don't know that CMSF or CMBS have exhibited the behavior.  I suspect some of the items in the patch are family specific and whatever tweaks that were added to the TAC AI for CMBN were also added for the modern titles even though I don't know that anyone has specifically cited it in those titles.

FWIW, having patched CMBN and played my goto save game many times - the green team (my test case) no longer rushes forward and towards known contacts.

Previously, all I needed to do was hit the red button, sometimes repeatedly upwards of four minutes, to see them rush forward. They now, invariably evade back.

I'll try replicating other situations in different scenarios.

Dunno if it's been fixed but it has improved.

People should note that this patch does NOT (as some recent updates do) automatically find your installation location.  It installs to the default location (which some players don't use).

If you're seeing apparently un-fixed behavior, make sure that you've actually patched the installation you're playing.

3 minutes ago, Holman said:

People should note that this patch does NOT (as some recent updates do) automatically find your installation location.  It installs to the default location (which some players don't use).

If you're seeing apparently un-fixed behavior, make sure that you've actually patched the installation you're playing.

Good point. For BN, in the bottom right corner of the menu screen, you should see "v4.02,   Game Engine 4"

On 6/15/2019 at 9:04 AM, PIATpunk said:

thank for your time on this @Ultradave most appreciated!

I'm on win10  if it matters but I understand this is one just instance.  I'll have a look at other CMBN bocage scenarios in 4.02 and see how things play out.  I was expecting an improved response to the same situation with 4.02 compared to 4.01.  Glad at least you saw the same issue!  Just to confirm, I started the campaign fresh under 4.02.

cheers Chris

Ok, I've been able to duplicate this and posted on the beta forums to have someone (or two or three) double check me. Also a couple thoughts on the specific situations that are happening (I'll hold that for now until I'm sure or someone confirms what I think I'm seeing). 

19 hours ago, sburke said:

My guess would be just the TAC AI behavior, but that was not reported so much for those titles. The other items were family specific. 

I've been micro-managing AI & user controlled troops in CM:SF2 non-stop all week, possibly longer, sure feels like it.....Not so much as a hint of a problem, even with small, inexperienced, poorly led units (they are just as dumb as they should be).  ;)

One thing that might be adding to the question of what was fixed in which family is the “Readme” file that downloads in the patch for each family. Most of the file seems to be a “cut and paste” from CMBN regarding the QB fix, German Para uniform fix, and such, even in families that aren’t affected by the fixes to the WW II families.