Reshade 4.0.2 Primer

On 12/18/2018 at 2:06 PM, billy_sp said:

P.S. To save anyone having to make their own mask- I THINK if you copy the above image it will save as a .png and should serve ok for all CM2 titles. Haven't time just now to check, but see no reason why it shouldn't

Thanks very much for this, Billy. I have tested it with SF2, BS, RT, and BN so far. It works best with the first three, there is about a one pixel lighter colored line around the upper part of the UI where it sticks above the black background. So, insignificant it's barely noticeable. It's more pronounced in BN, though about two or three pixels. Might be juJu's mod I have installed or the BN UI is a tad smaller because its older. Either, way these are very good for people who are having UI troubles in Reshade. I actually noticed that the shaders made my old portrait mod for BN look really good.

And a little clarity for anyone saving Billy's png above. Make sure you rename it to just "UIMask" (minus the quotes). It saves with a very strange file name and even shows a ".png" .

On 12/18/2018 at 5:19 PM, Captain Reyes said:

Also here is my Nightvision effect.

Very nice, thanks. That will be great for AARs.

Mord.

No worries, Mord and thanks for the heads up over naming UIMask- for me it saved initially from this site with some kind of web address nonsense, but I didn.t make that clear. The light line above the gui is due to a tiny slice of Alpha Channel in the BFC original, there will probably be a workaround but have yet to get to it. Would be very grateful if you kept sharing your ReShade experiences and settings- have messed about it for a long time but never got anything that looked as good as your screenshots! Cheers 

16 minutes ago, billy_sp said:

Would be very grateful if you kept sharing your ReShade experiences and settings- have messed about it for a long time but never got anything that looked as good as your screenshots! Cheers 

So far I have just been using what I posted on the first page. I have kept them all on but you can get quite a few effects just by starting with them as a base and then turning one off, or two off. See what catches your eye.

Tint [sepia]

Emphasize

FilmPass

ColorMatrix

GaussianBlur

Colourfulness

Plus my game settings are Best/Best with AA on. That's it.

Mord.

Thank you very much Mord!! I was messing around with this a few weeks ago and could not find reasonable settings. Not to mention the UI being unreadable.

My game looks great now. I added 3 settings to the ones you suggested to suit my eyes.

Adaptive sharpen:  Seemed to make it clearer, at least for me with my glasses.

Luma Sharpen:       Same as above.

Clarity:                     Same as above.

Technicolour:         Just to warm it up a bit and give a touch more colour.

Thanks Again!!

On 12/20/2018 at 4:46 PM, z1812 said:

Adaptive sharpen:  Seemed to make it clearer, at least for me with my glasses.

Another option is to remove GaussianBlur, or at least reduce the effect using the sliders from the Reshade panel. I find that the default effect feels a bit too blurry like when the old-school night-time soaps would put Vaseline on the camera to eliminate the wrinkles on the not-as-young-as-she-was actress.

On 12/20/2018 at 5:46 PM, z1812 said:

Thank you very much Mord!! I was messing around with this a few weeks ago and could not find reasonable settings. Not to mention the UI being unreadable.

My game looks great now. I added 3 settings to the ones you suggested to suit my eyes.

That's great, man! I am glad my fumbly "how to" helped.

Mord.

On 12/23/2018 at 8:29 PM, Mord said:

That's great, man! I am glad my fumbly "how to" helped.

Mord.

Hi Mord, I have reshade working but when I play wego, and turn the move ahead, the screen goes psychedelic for the period that the turn is loading and it breaks the immersion for me. It resumes properly when the turn is actually playing. I wonder if you have any idea on how to avoid this?

1 hour ago, IanL said:

Yikes is that what everyone experiences?

I think it must be. I like the effects of reshade, but for me the flow of a wego game is not the same when you have to consider turning the the reshader on and off when the move is loading.

However it would not be a problem for those who prefer real time.

I leave it on when the turn is processed, the few seconds it takes to complete doesn't break the immersion for me. I use contrast/sharpen effects so it mostly looks black and white when it does happen. I do toggle it off when navigating battles/save games.

The improved visuals is worth this minor inconvenience. To each his own...

2 hours ago, Howler said:

I leave it on when the turn is processed, the few seconds it takes to complete doesn't break the immersion for me. I use contrast/sharpen effects so it mostly looks black and white when it does happen. I do toggle it off when navigating battles/save games.

The improved visuals is worth this minor inconvenience. To each his own...

It was lower saturation I mostly wanted so I just arranged that on my monitor. Works well and much easier on the eyes.

Gents

This used to work ok, but now for some reason i get this on loading the game. This is without pressing any buttons or selecting any effects, i can't do anything with the game other than exit. If i uninstall Reshade everything works fine again, any ideas please? I get the same with RT, BN, FB and FI. Any help appreciated.

cheers slippy

Screenshot_1.jpg

18 minutes ago, slippy said:

Screenshot_1.jpg

That is odd.

I find it suspicious that it would happen to all your games at the same time... unless you've copied one game's reshade profile to all the others (so that they're still linked) it seems likely that something else is effecting your reshade (have you installed or updated anything recently?).

Try uninstalling your reshade again & unzipping my settings* directly into your game folder...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ib52qwcppsop8ye/cmsf2 reshade Jan'19.7z?dl=0

Assuming your CM is installed in the usual location, on the C drive, that should work as these exact settings were working for me an hour ago.

*I have four .ini's

10 hours ago, slippy said:

37mm

Thanks for your help mate, but no, exactly the same thing is happening as with my screenshot, very strange. Only thing i can think of is changing my graphic card drivers, but the standard game works fine.

Well I've had a few quick google's & your issue appears to be unique (go you!).

Only thing I can suggest is posting your issue here?

22 hours ago, George MC said:

Cheers fir this @Mord  really easy to setup using your guide, I'm now burning what little spare time I have fettling with it ;) 

You're welcome, George. Very happy to see all the people showing up in this thread who have either tried it for the first time or gave it another try because of the post.

Mord.