v1.01 Patch almost here. Patch notes inside!

5 hours ago, sandman2575 said:

I am *delighted* by this one. Probably my biggest pet peeve about CM. Any chance the change also applies to unbuttoned gunners -- i.e. not just vehicle commanders - ?

Only vehicle commanders without a weapon to man will button this quickly in the face of incoming fire. If the guy has something useful to do, like a dude manning an MG on a halftrack, he's going to still attempt to fire back instead, like he does now. This is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. If we made MG gunners button this quickly, people would complain about how they can't get their cowardly HT gunners to fire back. A few shots and they'd button up to hide. The best solution is to keep your halftracks out of effective small arms range if you don't want to lose any gunners. ;) 

(Any chance we can get this change incorporated in all CMx2 modules? ;) )

It should be, yes.

EDIT -- I somehow overlooked this similarly excellent bit of news:

"* The posture of passengers in most 250 and 251-series German halftracks were adjusted slightly to make them less vulnerable to enemy fire from outside the vehicle. "

Note that the enemy firing on your halftracks from the side (or the front, really) while they are full of troops is still going to be a bad time. It's just going to be a slightly less bad time. ;)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, shame about the M-1C!

I do know of one case of them being used in the ETO, in the hands of a sniper team that had blazed away so much, and so inaccurately (the German sniper who was the source had nothing bad to say about the rifle, he attributed it all to the use of it) at the Germans that they earned the dubious distinction of becoming one of the few snipers of WW2 to actually survive being taken prisoner!

54 minutes ago, rocketman said:

Just noticed that the game turns off shaders after each restart, despite the setting "on" in the "advanced" menu. Too late to get fixed in this patch?

This appears to be a problem specific to you, because I can't reproduce this and I haven't seen any reports of this yet.

We have some more items that will make it into the patch as we squeeze another couple of items in at the last minute (one of them is a fix for StuGs expending their whole crew trying to man the loader MG. Another is a fix to mortar HTs not being able to perform fire missions with the default loading while HQs are in the vehicle).

1 hour ago, rocketman said:

Just noticed that the game turns off shaders after each restart, despite the setting "on" in the "advanced" menu. Too late to get fixed in this patch?

I am having exactly the  same problem. Each time I start the the game for the first time, I have to manually hit ALT-R to get the shaders on despite them being 'On' in the 'advanced' menu.

Running Win 7 on PC.

59 minutes ago, ChrisND said:

We have some more items that will make it into the patch as we squeeze another couple of items in at the last minute (one of them is a fix for StuGs expending their whole crew trying to man the loader MG. Another is a fix to mortar HTs not being able to perform fire missions with the default loading while HQs are in the vehicle).

sad-kitten_zpsjj6t0gs4.jpg

Here's the last of the items that we are getting into v1.01:

* Vehicles plot more direct paths when crossing barbed wire
* Halftracked vehicles destroy wire when crossing it
* Mortar gunners will operate correctly when other teams are in the mortar halftrack
* StuG loaders don’t keep opening up their hatches under heavy fire