v1.01 Patch almost here. Patch notes inside!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2016-05-18 at 7:18 PM, ChrisND said:

This appears to be a problem specific to you, because I can't reproduce this and I haven't seen any reports of this yet.

We now have a handful of people with this issue (this thread and in the tech forum). It is not a biggie, but it would be a pity if there is a group of people out there who play the game not realizing it doesn't look as good as it potentially can.

1 hour ago, rocketman said:

We now have a handful of people with this issue (this thread and in the tech forum). It is not a biggie, but it would be a pity if there is a group of people out there who play the game not realizing it doesn't look as good as it potentially can.

@ChrisND Im also having the same problem. On a 64 bit win 8 laptop.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 240GHz

Ram 16 GB

GTX 780M

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 0:18 PM, ChrisND said:

This appears to be a problem specific to you, because I can't reproduce this and I haven't seen any reports of this yet.

Same thing here, full game, win10. Shaders turned on in options, start a battle ..shaders are off. Turn shaders on with hotkeys, exit out and shut game down. Start game back up and check options, shaders are on. Start battle shaders are off ..have to use hotkeys to turn on. Never noticed this until someone pointed it out. So, yes it's happening.

On 13/5/2016 at 3:38 AM, ChrisND said:

* APHE ricochets should not explode when they hit the ground again.

Great!

* Bushes less likely to stop cannon fire.

Greater!

* Vehicle commanders now button much faster in response to small arms fire.

Greatest!

* The posture of passengers in most 250 and 251-series German halftracks were adjusted slightly to make them less vulnerable to enemy fire from outside the vehicle.

Greatester! 

Heya McAuliffe,

from your ".\Battlefront\Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg\Data" folder, right click on your "final blitzkrieg v101.brz" file, select "Copy" (not "Cut"!)   and navigate to your ".\Battlefront\Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg\Mod Tools\RezExplode\input" folder, right click and select "Paste".

Then go back one level up to your ".\Battlefront\Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg\Mod Tools\RezExplode\" and double left click on "RezExplode.exe". After a short bit, a folder named "exploded" will be created and you'll find all extracted files in it.

Voila.

For ref.: http://superdupontzeserveur.fr/cm/finalblitzkriegv101_files.txt

Once extracted, you can delete the brz file you pasted in your "input" folder to save some hard drive space.

Edited by CMFDR

Oh, please ignore my post above, I completely misread McAuliffe's question, I thought that he wanted to open/mod the new brz file. -_-

The patch is certainly to be installed just how you did Anthony (extract the "CM Final Blitzkrieg 1.01 Windows Updater.zip" anywhere then run "CMFB_v101_Setup.exe".

Edited by CMFDR

It is my understanding that issues are not uncommon when one does have other brz files in the same folder than a CM installer so an empty folder is recommended just to be on the safe side. That's as far as I know of course. 

Edited by CMFDR

ChrisND,

The list looks great, but I don't understand this business of VT being usable to hit the ground directly. I've read entire books on this technology, and the whole point of VT is a guaranteed airburst, which is why I'm confounded by this peculiar fix. Could you please explain this fix and how it's implemented in terms of game decision logic? I am of two minds on this issue. The first is that the gun, battery or what have you is allotted X number of shells, broken down by type (HE, Smoke, VT), with VT amounting to only a few shells. The second is to give the player the same ammo split as above, but with the option to essentially substitute PD for VT, which ekes out a few more rounds of HE in the familiar artillery mode. 

As for the TC response time till buttoning in the face of incoming fire, I think it might be interesting to tie the time required to do this to the overall state of the TC. For example,  a TC on the far end of an offensive involving a lot of fighting might well be fried clear to Fatigued and would thus be more vulnerable than a chap in XXX Corps rested and ready for the dash to Arnhem. I have come to believe that the various performance degrading effects of combat on men explain why prompt counterattacks by even small fresh or at least better rested forces seem to be able to exert such enormous leverage when employed properly. Also, I believe that the planned new buttoning logic should be applied to all other crew with hatches open.

Regards,

John Kettler

24 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

The second is to give the player the same ammo split as above, but with the option to essentially substitute PD for VT, which ekes out a few more rounds of HE in the familiar artillery mode.

I expect that's it. If you want to do a traditional demolition job, say against a pillbox, you don't want an airburst.

Michael