The Chicken Has Dropped Its Egg (Little Egg)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, IanL said:

It is the demo that is ready for downloading.  Not the full release.  Is this the first time a demo has been released before the full version?

I think Normandy got the demo fist, too (but I am not sure....I can only remember, that I had installed the demo...and this I wouldn't do, if I could buy the game...)

Greetings, alex

Yes, "only" the demo.  And we're not putting out the message officially yet as we like doing these progressive soft launches to shake out small problems like, er, CMRT references :D  It's not even in the Demo section yet, but the demo page in the CMFB information section is now live:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=344&Itemid=606

The full game is nearly ready.  We'll see if there's anything catastrophic in the demo that requires tweaking of the full version.  We are not planning on releasing it this weekend, just so you know.

Steve

3 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

I think Normandy got the demo fist, too (but I am not sure....I can only remember, that I had installed the demo...and this I wouldn't do, if I could buy the game...)

Greetings, alex

Technically, all of our games should have demos before we release so people can make sure it works on their system and if they really want to buy it.  Demos require a lot of extra work so sometimes we decide to launch first and then get the demo up second.  This time we did it the right way.

Steve

4 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

OK, thanks.  I dunno if it will help, but try disabling your anti-virus software.  It's not uncommon for CM to get on the wrong side of it and have various restrictions imposed.  Those restrictions could be blocking CM from reading/writing where it needs to.

Steve

Yes, that's definitely it. Windows Defender prevented the bindings from taking effect. Odd, as it's not done that for any other CM title I have running on W10.