The Chicken Has Dropped Its Egg (Little Egg)

CM:FB demo released, check.  Me heading to see the folks in newcastle for the weekend, check.  CM:FB full release in the next week or so, check.   Me heading off to the rigs for three weeks on Tuesday,CHECK. ME NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY ANY FB UNTIL THE END OF APRIL, CHECK.  Arrgggggghhhhhhhhh. :o:wacko::wacko:.  Real  Life's timing sucks.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IanL,

While I don't know how many other CM games there are for which the statement is true, I do know for certain that the game that started it all, CMx1's CMBO, was released first as Beta (3 scenarios), then as Gold (2 more), before being released as a finished game. In fact, it was the Beta Demo which hooked me on the glorious E-crack that is CM.

In other news, my DL isn't working at all well. It is, in fact, glacial. I have Verizon FiOS, and this isn't at all normal. By contrast, YT is working great.

Update

The DL finally deigned to complete! The Demo works, but seems to place an even greater processing load on my ancient rig than does CMFB. This is reflected in very laggy behavior or even freezes when tasking the computer to do various things. When I hit the button to open the map, nothing happened for quite a bit, leading me to wonder whether it would ever work! The map for the first battle is wonderful, but I fear the trees are really putting it to my poor 256 MB Radeon 4760(?) graphics card. 

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Rather than miss the window, I just finished Pre-Ordering CMFB. I did this not because I believe my current rig is really equal to the heavy cybernetic load, but because, though, it's seemingly taking eons, I will and shall have a new computer instead of my ACS (Ancient Computer Syndrome) afflicted current rig.

Regards,

John Kettler