CMRT Campaign - Kampfgruppe "von Schroif"

8 hours ago, Hilts said:

Yep, I won the first battle and am on 2a

Looks like it’s a briefing Tac map error - my fault. 2a appears to have no arty support BUT you should have the organic company mortar tracks.

I’ll check out why I didn’t allocate arty support - I must have had some reason!!

Cheery!

22 hours ago, Hilts said:

Yep, I won the first battle and am on 2a

I've checked through the scenario files. It.s a mistake on my part with the briefing map.

Mission 2a has KG von Schroif capitalise on their previous success. So given the desire to do so means no off-map arty support. However the organic company mortars should be there as they are.

I've amended the incorrect briefing tac map (which seems to have cause the confusion) and updated the master briefing document PDF accordingly.

So Mission 2a sees no off map additional arty support, you should have your organic company mortars - but you face a less prepared and weaker opposition.

@Bootie would you be able to update the zip file and campaign title at this link please? please? https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-red-thunder/cm-red-thunder-campaigns/kampfgruppe-von-schroif-cmrt-campaign/ 

I'm on version 6 cam file

Many thanks!

873500575_CMRT_KGr_vonSchroif_v6.rar

Thanks for looking into it George. TBH I'm more concerned about the fact that I don't have the on-map mortars, than the off-map Wespes. What's the likely explanation for that IYO? I'm running the latest version of the game and the only explanation I can think of is that they have been deleted in some way by the addition of a patch or the 4.0 upgrade. I remember something like this happening with a missing ATG in the KG Engel campaign after the addition of an upgrade and BF had to fix it and re-release the campaign. I'll try and battle through this mission. Do you remember if the on-map mortars show up in any of the later missions? If so, hopefully they will make an appearance then.

Cheers.

22 hours ago, Hilts said:

Thanks for looking into it George. TBH I'm more concerned about the fact that I don't have the on-map mortars, than the off-map Wespes. What's the likely explanation for that IYO? I'm running the latest version of the game and the only explanation I can think of is that they have been deleted in some way by the addition of a patch or the 4.0 upgrade. I remember something like this happening with a missing ATG in the KG Engel campaign after the addition of an upgrade and BF had to fix it and re-release the campaign. I'll try and battle through this mission. Do you remember if the on-map mortars show up in any of the later missions? If so, hopefully they will make an appearance then.

Cheers.

Hhmmm...thats really odd. I double checked and the on-map mortars (in their tracks) are in campaign version 5. I recall there being an issue with earlier versions using off-map mortars so i 'fixed' that by adding the on-map mortar tracks (251/2). This seemed to fix the issue.

I just did a ceasefire in cam_v6 and though i ended up with mission 2b (its the same one as 2a just with date change and more assets) the on-map mortars appeared. So at the moment I'm not sure what caused the issue you are seeing but I'd tentatively (i say this as I checked 2a in the editor and it defo has on-map mortars) and then checked 2b in the actual campaign as noted above) say it appears fixed in cam_v6...

As said if you don't have the assets in your 2a I'd be hesitant about battling through and taking casualties (or leats heavy casualties). In truth the way the campaign is designed if you ceasefire in your current 2a that'll take you onto an alternate timeline but with same missions just different times and Soviet oppos. Alternately you could restart using the cam 6.

One other option is I could create a quick short cut so you don't have to replay mission 1 and go straight to mission 2a. I'm happy to do that and I'd send you it via PM to avoid confusion! That way you keep on the campaign track you won out on. Obs you'd have taken no casualties in this replay, but if you won Mission 1 I suspect you did pretty well cas wise.

Let me know what ya think please?

Cheery!

5 hours ago, Erwin said:

I found that I have versions 1-5 in my camp folder.  Are they now completely obsolete and should be deleted?

(Thank you for keeping this camp up to date btw.)

Aye... at the risk of me sounding like a complete cock... Convention with version control is later versions address issues found in previous versions...

So I'd suggest junking the older versions cos reason i put out other versions was to fix issues/errors players kindly told me about.

So at the moment version 6 is the best there is. IMO :)

I think we might have discovered why I don't have the mortars. I'm playing v3 of the campaign (which I downloaded ages ago). I didn't realise there were later versions till I saw Erwin's post. I think the best thing would be if you could send me that shortcut to get me onto v6-2a, George. I only lost 8 men in the first mission, so re-starting 2a intact won't make that much difference but it will save me having to play the first mission again. I'll pm you with my email address. Thanks very much for your help! 

Cheers

44 minutes ago, Hilts said:

I think we might have discovered why I don't have the mortars. I'm playing v3 of the campaign (which I downloaded ages ago). I didn't realise there were later versions till I saw Erwin's post. I think the best thing would be if you could send me that shortcut to get me onto v6-2a, George. I only lost 8 men in the first mission, so re-starting 2a intact won't make that much difference but it will save me having to play the first mission again. I'll pm you with my email address. Thanks very much for your help! 

Cheers

Whew! Aye there was an issue with off-map mortars (from the core file) not appearing. i fixed it by adding em as on-map assets.

My pleasure - the fix I just PM and emailed you should work for you and get you back on track.

Cheery!

• 9 months later...

Finally, I have finished this great campaign (and thank you for creating this masterpiece George MC! ) It took me four years.... Yes, I checked my mission 1 save file, it dated back in July 2019! 

4n0iO3t.jpg

Mission 1

LEb1RE2.jpg

Mission 2

CebjxiQ.jpg

Mission 3

MOrwCCL.jpg

Mission 5 B

sniR8a5.jpg

Mission 6

GHovwFM.jpg

And, finally, the campaign conclusion 

in Mission 4 that requires the player to make the decision. I took the route of continuing the attack without resupply (leads to mission 5B) . I will try the different mission later.

On 8/4/2023 at 1:26 AM, Chibot Mk IX said:

Finally, I have finished this great campaign (and thank you for creating this masterpiece George MC! ) It took me four years.... Yes, I checked my mission 1 save file, it dated back in July 2019! 

in Mission 4 that requires the player to make the decision. I took the route of continuing the attack without resupply (leads to mission 5B) . I will try the different mission later.

Thank you :) Appreciate you continued with it and a decent result too, weel done! Its good to know that this is winnable as I have heard of players having a very tough time in this. Coincidently another player recently completed this (posted the DARs and AAR) on the unofficial Combat Mission discord and likewise he did a decent job in completing it.

Look forward to seeing how the alternate path works out for.

Many thanks again for taking the time to share your AAR results and let me know how it went.

Cheery!

On 8/7/2023 at 10:57 PM, George MC said:

Thank you :) Appreciate you continued with it and a decent result too, weel done! Its good to know that this is winnable as I have heard of players having a very tough time in this. Coincidently another player recently completed this (posted the DARs and AAR) on the unofficial Combat Mission discord and likewise he did a decent job in completing it.

Look forward to seeing how the alternate path works out for.

Many thanks again for taking the time to share your AAR results and let me know how it went.

Cheery!

Would be interesting to see how things went with the Pz IV's replaced by Pz V's. 🙂

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Would be interesting to see how things went with the Pz IV's replaced by Pz V's. 🙂

I suspect it would be significantly easier :)

IIRC 3rd Pz Div didn't have Panthers at this time as their battalion were away being trained in them.

12 hours ago, George MC said:

I suspect it would be significantly easier :)

IIRC 3rd Pz Div didn't have Panthers at this time as their battalion were away being trained in them.

I know, George, just kidding. As much as I enjoy the originals, you have no idea what I do to your scenarios later on sometimes...😀

Edited by Aragorn2002

• 7 months later...

Hello @George MC

I'm on mission 5.2a "shnelle Truppen Angriffe!", having pushed on in the last mission, rather than rest up. It says in the briefing/tactical map that KG Kruger is to arrive at ETA 18.30hrs. It's now 18.45hrs and I've just had notification of reinforcements. When I look for them all that's arrived is a lone Kubelwagen in the rectangular bunch of conifers to the rear of point 132.1. I was expecting KG Kruger to come in on the road near point 124.5. Any ideas as to what's going on? Will there still be time for them to arrive or will I have to soldier on without them? The losses in the previous missions have not been too heavy so I don't think that is the problem. I expected more than just one Kubel.....

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

Is Kruger in the Kubel?  Has a nice ring to it...

It's not much of a KG though 😉.

Lol, unfortunately he is not. Just one lone conscript driver. What's even more odd is that he can't drive it anywhere as the location is surrounded by impassable terrain, which makes me think something is amiss.