CMRT Campaign - Kampfgruppe "von Schroif"

35 minutes ago, Hilts said:

Lol, unfortunately he is not. Just one lone conscript driver. What's even more odd is that he can't drive it anywhere as the location is surrounded by impassable terrain, which makes me think something is amiss.

due to the shortcoming of the game engine (lack of a message log system) , sending a lone conscript driver is the only way to project a message on the screen. 

I can check my save file , but I remember KG Kruger will be at least 30min late than the advised ETA.

3 hours ago, Hilts said:

Hello @George MC

I'm on mission 5.2a "shnelle Truppen Angriffe!", having pushed on in the last mission, rather than rest up. It says in the briefing/tactical map that KG Kruger is to arrive at ETA 18.30hrs. It's now 18.45hrs and I've just had notification of reinforcements. When I look for them all that's arrived is a lone Kubelwagen in the rectangular bunch of conifers to the rear of point 132.1. I was expecting KG Kruger to come in on the road near point 124.5. Any ideas as to what's going on? Will there still be time for them to arrive or will I have to soldier on without them? The losses in the previous missions have not been too heavy so I don't think that is the problem. I expected more than just one Kubel.....

I use lone units as reinforcements - linked with their arrival via the 'squawk' announcing a unit has arrived will be a radio message. It will give you updates on what is happening.

Unfortunately Kruger is a bit of a twat so more than likely got himself into some bother or just screwed up his column management...

2 hours ago, Hilts said:

Lol, unfortunately he is not. Just one lone conscript driver. What's even more odd is that he can't drive it anywhere as the location is surrounded by impassable terrain, which makes me think something is amiss.

Yeah I might have done that to stop gamey bastiches like me (love a fiery recce!) driving the poor sap forward as disposable reconnaissance...

1 hour ago, Chibot Mk IX said:

due to the shortcoming of the game engine (lack of a message log system) , sending a lone conscript driver is the only way to project a message on the screen. 

I can check my save file , but I remember KG Kruger will be at least 30min late than the advised ETA.

Aye what @Chibot Mk IX says :)

As I said Kruger is a right twat in this campaign...

• 2 weeks later...