SLIM vs Ithikial DAR (Ithikial Stay Out!)

Ah, that's where it came from.  I was thinking one of the buildings right in front of it.  Okay, so that makes sense.  I did see everyone start hosing the church tower but didn't think anyone would fire a PIAT from a higher elevation.

I'd read accounts from British soldiers who said that they couldn't fire their PIATs directly downward towards targets at lower elevations from them as the projectile would slide away from the launcher.  The guy in the tower must have fired it at a level angle and approximated the fall.  Hell of a shot.

Heinrich505

Ah, that's where it came from.  I was thinking one of the buildings right in front of it.  Okay, so that makes sense.  I did see everyone start hosing the church tower but didn't think anyone would fire a PIAT from a higher elevation.

I'd read accounts from British soldiers who said that they couldn't fire their PIATs directly downward towards targets at lower elevations from them as the projectile would slide away from the launcher.  The guy in the tower must have fired it at a level angle and approximated the fall.  Hell of a shot.

Or, maybe this feature of the PIAT is simply not modelled in the game :)

• 3 weeks later...

We're making slow, semi-methodical progress. I've finally finished my decision-making process regarding the desired outcome to this fight. I will occupy the Chateau, the Road Bridge, the Town, and the Rail Bridge. Once I have my entire side of the river secured I will offer a cease-fire to Ithikial. There is 36 minutes left in our battle, and I think that's enough time to secure my desired objectives.

My apologies, I got so caught up preparing for a new job interview I forgot to check CMHelper.

Ithikial assures me he's going to make me bleed for every inch I creep forward, let's see how that works out:

I think bleeding can be done on both sides...

So far, we're still advancing slowly and surely toward the desired objectives. The HMG positions overlooking the town have been removed, and I'm able to maneuver again. The next major obstacle to my attack is the church. I'm thinking I'll blast a hole in the wall with my Jpz, and hit the rear of the church with one of my Attacking Platoons. The reserves from the Road Bridge are arriving in town, providing a much needed boost in manpower for these close assaults.

Clearing the rest of the Town is going to occupy the majority of my manpower and effort for the rest of this battle.

Very nice! Thanks for the "recon pass" at the end.

What sound mod(s) are you using?

You're welcome, it's been a while since I've done a full overview.

I have parts of Mike's Vehicles of War Mod, Oddball's Sound Mod, and my very own Day of Defeat Sound Mod.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1332

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1257

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=1043

The speed of my attacks are increasing, enemy resistance is slackening, and individual teams are fighting each other in fields and alleyways. Ithikial is landing some indirect fire, I estimate 25 Pounders or 81mm Mortars. There's a couple of casualties on my side this turn, but a bunch of casualties on Ithikial's side. I am now advancing in every place I can possibly advance. The Town VP is now almost completely under my control. I expect casualties to increase as my attack continues, but it really does seem my attack through the city is now unstoppable by the forces I've seen on Ithikial's side.

At first, I thought Ithikial might withdraw back across the Rail Bridge, then work to deny me the ability to capture that objective. I can tell now he's not going to retreat, but he's going to stand and fight where he is. There has been no activity resembling a withdrawal. For the first time since this battle started, some of my troops have eyes on the Rail Bridge, it's now just a matter of time until I get there.

Meanwhile, the Road Bridge is now fully under my control. I will consolidate the Platoon on the Road Bridge, and go over to the defensive in that sector.

I didn't record a video for the next turn, because things are proceeding exactly the same as last turn. I'll put together another big report video this weekend.

I'll step in then. ;) Game over.

Well played SLIM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NnzrEyrp3Q&index=1&list=PLR0_ESlvYtKJrZMJulprzQ-f3UXTE3vX-

Edited by Ithikial_AU
Formatting.

4 Part Video Series has been created and will be uploaded to my channel. First two parts are already available.

Though most of the battle was cat and mouse between our tanks in the end there was no way I could get across that many Panzer Grenadiers swarming over the objective areas. I think I would have required at least a couple of Shermans remaining to deny the Panzergrenadiers the free reign through the town at the end.

Though most of the battle was cat and mouse between our tanks in the end there was no way I could get across that many Panzer Grenadiers swarming over the objective areas. I think I would have required at least a couple of Shermans remaining to deny the Panzergrenadiers the free reign through the town at the end.

The tanks definitely stole the show, but there was lots of good infantry action as well. I had a damn good time fighting this, if we lived on the same side of the planet I'd buy you a drink.

It did look like you were putting together some kind of counterattack at the Road Bridge VP right at the end there, or was that something else?

4 Part Video Series has been created and will be uploaded to my channel. First two parts are already available.

Awesome thank you.

Well played to the both of you, very fun, very informative to follow along to.